It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Were the Devil 1965

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm sure this isn't exactly new around here, but I'm guessing there may be a few folks that have never heard this before. I don't think it can ever hurt to revisit something that is a bit profound.

I realize profound is a strong word, but considering Paul Harvey presented this originally in 1965, Id say this is one of the better predictions that has actually come true for the most part. Almost uncannily true.

I always respected this fellow. For his time he certainly had a way with words and presenting truth as it were.

I would give a description of the video, but that isn't exactly easy to do with this as it is just basically a commentary he presented. I do feel though that it is worth the 2:47 seconds of your time. For a nice change you'll hear a off the cuff prediction to where we have actually ended up at this point in time. Hence why I chose this forum.

If you have heard it before and it has been awhile, doesn't hurt to give it another listen. You may feel different about it now as opposed to the first time you heard it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I've always admired Paul Harvey.... but the video you posted..... DAMN!!! Prophetic doesn't begin to explain it. (Although to be fair in 1965 it didn't take TOO much to see it coming).

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Paul Harvey. Wisest person ever in the media
"And now , for the rest of the story"

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The pollution started a long time ago, long before TV and recording, but the following video is creepy enough to follow Paul Harvey ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/7.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

The pollution started a long time ago, long before TV and recording, but the following video is creepy enough to follow Paul Harvey ;-)

Cheers - Dave

Video not working....?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have heard this Paul Harvey broadcast numerous times, it seems more and more prescient every time I hear it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

This broadcast would be relevant if it were made in 2005 let alone 1965. I think it might be too late for changing direction. I wonder at what time we crossed the point of no return.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Good day.

That was not a prediction.

He made it clear at the end that all of that was already happening in 1965.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Good point. It's just amazing though how we seem to be on the exact same trajectory, so many decades later.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That's true, but it would take a keen observer in that time to see where things were going. I was only a kid then, 7 years old, but it didn't seem possible that the world was actually going this way this far. Even after JFK and seeing things unfold in Vietnam, we didn't think things would change to this extent. We seem to have gone past an unseen point of no return. When I look back at the way life was then I am sad and very nostalgic.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I keep wishing the phrase "and now for the rest of the story.." would be the end.

But it never is, is it?

I remember my first exposure to Paul Harvey in the early 70's listening to him on AFN, riding to Aviano, Italy in my fathers great big Pontiac Grand Safari stationwagon. He made sense to me even then when I was but 9 years old and he makes even more sense to me now.

Prophetic words to say the least.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My favorite Paul Harvey Quote (he said he saw it on a bumper sticker)
"Old Soldiers never Die, Young ones do."

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Listening to that brought back memories of being at my grandmas house where Paul Harvey was always on the radio.

I had to go find a fixed audio though cause I didn't like the sped up voice.
I noticed that the youtube poster says this:

(WORDS on screen - AUDIO repaired) Long time radio newsman/commentator Paul Harvey created the original of this homily around 1965. This one is probably from about 1996. It was updated as the years went by and therefore versions of it vary over time. It is a warning to America about its own decay.

This audio has been corrected for proper speed and pitch and is good as I can make it at this time. Unfortunately, phasing and background noise persist.

Well darn, it says you have to go to youtube to listen to it...
grrr

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-12-2016 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ok! I, Mysterioustranger at ATS...in no way...am related to, look like, am governed or controlled nor should be compared to THIS Mysterious Stranger. Nor Mark Twain's character of the same name...

Mark Twain: -"The Mysterious Stranger":
"Life itself is only a vision. A dream. Nothing exists, save empty space and you. And you... are but a thought."

Me too.....And as Paul Harvey would say...."Good DAY!"
Mysterioustranger/ATS Member

edit on 7-12-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Can't watch the video right now as i have no earbuds nearby, but i do have a finally sleeping 4 year old right next to me.

Hopefully this link to the full transcript works

It's one of those weird mobile links, so sarch for: Paul Harvey's If I Were the Devil transcript if it doesn't work. Here's an excerpt:

PAUL HARVEY’S ‘IF I WERE THE DEVIL’ TRANSCRIPT
If I were the devil … If I were the Prince of Darkness, I’d want to engulf the whole world in darkness. And I’d have a third of it’s real estate, and four-fifths of its population, but I wouldn’t be happy until I had seized the ripest apple on the tree — Thee. So I’d set about however necessary to take over the United States. I’d subvert the churches first — I’d begin with a campaign of whispers. With the wisdom of a serpent, I would whisper to you as I whispered to Eve: ‘Do as you please.’

Thanks OP for pointing this out to us. I still have to finish reading it all, but it's awesome. I've enjoyed hearing Paul Harvey on the radio since I was a kid - in fact, aside from Cubs games, as a child he was the only non-music radio I had any interest in.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Holy #.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have to chuckle a tad as a lot of us sure showed our age on this post!

One thing is nice though, we all seem to mostly agree that we really liked Paul Harvey and enjoyed listening to the man even if we were young.

I wonder how much of his commentary has stuck with us subconsciencly over the years and perhaps has formed some of our outlook and opinions on life...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I wonder how much of his commentary has stuck with us subconsciencly over the years and perhaps has formed some of our outlook and opinions on life...

My hope is..... a LOT!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Yes sir, I must concur. I think we were very lucky...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join