It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lilith the All Seeing Eye- her name is Alice part 4

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SethTsaddik

Shalom Aleichem Seth-

You mean Lilith as in "In the beginning was Adamu and Lilith, created from the same dirt..." (read: Equal)

When Adamu told Lilith to 'do the dishes and iron My shirt' Lilith told Adamu "Get bent, We are 'equals' so do Your own tasks.." or words to that effect..

From what this "common passerby" who was a 'trained observer' in a previous career, can ascertain... The OP is using the "KingJames 1611" and NOTHING else will suffice, so when We use The Talmud; The Torah or the 3,972 different versions of 'The Truth' some 300 years AFTER the ascension of the main character, We are just practicing our typing.. You might as well try and talk Your wall into investing in plastics..

No wonder there is no female aspect to TheBible™ any of the 3,973 different versions, they don't appreciate Ms. Yin and continue to blame Lilith for premature ejaculation; wet dreams and those thrice married Chris†ian™ Preachers who continue to have secks w/their secretaries while wearing $35k watches ALL the while their Flock try to pay for their monthly expenses minus their 'tithe'... What a racket!!

Shalom

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Shalom and Salaam

Yes, that episode is from the Alphabet of Ben Sira aka Jesus ben Sirach, a rather late work but an old tradition.

I believe it exists because of the discrepancy in the 2 accounts of creation that were sewn together, E source with J/Y.

It's a clever explanation and use of older mythology from Babylon.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey if you are a Mason, and that is a legitimate question, I need to ask you a question.

I am going to a Mason sponsored philosophical discussion regarding whether ritual or school is better for creating leaders.

I have never been to a ritual of any significance and the last time I was in school I hated every minute, so I don't know how I'm supposed to participate.

Any advice?

And to stay on topic the idea that Kali of the Hindu Trinity (Trimurta?) is the devil is ridiculous, Kali is one of the most important deities in Hinduism.

So I second that, this guy is either crazy or an outright liar to say that. It's a shame people will listen to anyone with a voice sometimes.
edit on 7-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Greetings and Salutations to You, the "other Me"

I'm going for Proverbs 18.2

"A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for He would rather express His own opinion(s)..."

namaste

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

And the wise man seeks wise council.

I will mix it up with some Seneca the younger:

The man who seeks wisdom is wise, the man who thinks he has found it is mad.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SethTsaddik

I have never been to a ritual of any significance and the last time I was in school I hated every minute, so I don't know how I'm supposed to participate.

Any advice?

One of the things I like about the ritual is I am able to give lectures in front of large groups which really helps my public speaking ability or when I am giving presentations for work.

I say do both.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Assalamu Alaikum Seth..

As I continue to wonder why anyone would question "Seth, son of Adam" on who was His Dad's "better half" but I digress.
With the unwritten rules of an intraweb chat-forum 'quid pro quo' I'm going to volley w/a lil Hafez, the great Sufi poet..

Would You Think It Odd

"Would You think it odd if Hafez said,
I'm in Love with every Church,
I'm in Love with every Temple,
I'm in Love with every Mosque,
I'm in Love with every kind of Shrine,
Because it is there that I hear ALL the different names for the One God...."

namaste

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Seconded.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

many call the bible wrong. It is nothing new, but I stand by what I said no matter what anyone says. I will stick with my King James bible and nothing you say with sway me from that bible's truth.

King James is the truth. And I will stick by that statement.

For those wondering why I stick with the King James 1611, feel free to watch this documentary if you are a Christian:
I post this here for discernment purposes only.

edit on th2016000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 07 Dec 2016 16:35:51 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 07 Dec 2016 16:35:51 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

In other words, you'll believe what you want even when there's evidence to prove you wrong.

That's fine. Just remember that no matter what you believe, it will never be valid if it goes against supported facts.

And no, I won't be watching ANY of your videos.
edit on 7122016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here is some legitimate Zoharic information on Lilith:

Zohar 1, 148a-148b, Sitrei Torah

Samael and Lilith

The secret of scerets: From the strength of the noon flame of Isaac, from the wine lees, a naked shoot came forth, comprising together male and female, red and lily, and they spread out on several sides, down several paths. The male is called ''Samael" and his female is always included with him. Just as on the side of holiness (there are male and female), so on "the other side" there are male and female, included one with the other. The female of Samael is called "snake," "a wife of harlotry," "the end of all flesh" "the end of days" Two evil principles are attached to one another.

Lilith is the Serpent or "snake" Samael is the name of the Adversary and angel of death. She is said to live in the "cities of the sea"

Zohar III, 19a

When the Holy One, blessed be he, destroys wicked Rome, and it becomes an eternal desolation, He will bring up Lilith and settle her in the ruins, because it will be desolate forever. This is the meaning of (Isaiah 34:14) "Lilith shall repose there, and find her place of rest."

Lilith is also the infant slayer (Zohar 1, 19b), works with Naamah, the "Mother of Demons" and sister of Tubal-Cain.

I would share more but the section I have on Lilith is too large.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I would agree if you mean to learn through both methods, I bet it was that way with the Greeks schools of the ancient world, just a guess but like maybe the Neo-Platonic, Stoic and Epicurean schools.

I should look into that. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

That is an awesome quote, not only because it's the only Sufi quote I know of and I am Muslim, but because it's one of my favorite quotes ever.

Well done.

"Seek to know all, but keep yourself unknown."

Anonymous ''Gnostic" maxim.

I am going to search Ecclesiasticus aka the Wisdom of Jesus Ben Sirach for something good next. I enjoy these quotes.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Assalamu Alaikum Seth..

As I continue to wonder why anyone would question "Seth, son of Adam" on who was His Dad's "better half" but I digress.
With the unwritten rules of an intraweb chat-forum 'quid pro quo' I'm going to volley w/a lil Hafez, the great Sufi poet..

Would You Think It Odd

"Would You think it odd if Hafez said,
I'm in Love with every Church,
I'm in Love with every Temple,
I'm in Love with every Mosque,
I'm in Love with every kind of Shrine,
Because it is there that I hear ALL the different names for the One God...."

namaste

Salaam again.

The Sufis are known for using the scriptures of many religions in their rituals, if only to place the books on an alter, I'm not quite sure, they are monastic like Catholic monks and not really city dwellers, so it's tough to get information about their reportedly sometimes insane practices, allegedly.

For the most part Sufism is a revered tradition in Islam even outside of Sufi circles, and they are not considered fringe like in the past. Although I have heard that they are required to pledge loyalty to a Sheikh I believe it's called, this is not first hand knowledge and may be untrue or true, the source sounded hostile to Sufism and was Muslim, so I can't be sure.

I always hear of Sufis being tolerant and peaceful so even if they have loyalty oaths I can live with it, it was made to sound like how the Jesuits are sworn to the Pope and Black Pope, without naming the Jesuits specifically, I did get that impression.

I love the Sufis for their immense literary contributions to Islam that I look forward to devouring soon. I would love to find an English translation of Belinas, said to be Apollonius of Tyana, though this is unlikely.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
See the above; That is how debate, conversation civility and discussion is performed, peacefully and coherently with an open mind to what is at discussion.

That is how it is supposed to go, not spewing hatred, calling people sexist even though they didn't even know whether male or female, falsehoods and accusations.

The only way doomsday will come is because of all of that pure hatred being spewed, they will bring it upon themselves to destroy.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I like this quote (and Sirach) because it shows us why Sophia/Wisdom became a Goddess to those called Gnostics. Exegesis of Hebrew scriptures is how they determined this, much like the glory and presence of God became the Shekinah in Hebrew Midrash and Rabbinical literature.

Wisdom of ben Sirach aka Ecclesiasticus 14:20 The Happiness of Seeking Wisdom:

Happy is the person who meditates on wisdom
and reasons intelligently,
who reflects in his heart on her ways
and ponders her secrets,
pursuing her like a hunter,
and lying in wait on her paths.

The feminization of wisdom in books like Proverbs and Psalms and the Odes of Solomon had much to do with the idea that Wisdom was a Goddess, especially or almost exclusively the Greek was used and sophia/wisdom became Sophia, and the Holy Spirit or source of the Holy Spirit.

I have already explained how and why and in detail Lucifer was an error and is not a part of Jewish or current Christian theology because there is no Lucifer and Isaiah 14:12 was improperly translated and misinterpreted.

But the fact that the OP falsley identified Sophia with Lucifer because he didn't know this yet leaves me wanting to explain how Sophia came to be a Goddess, and it has nothing to do with Isaiah 14:12, and neither does Satan for that matter.

Sophia is like the Shekinah, an upper and lower of both are in writings, both are identified with the Holy Spirit and female like in the Gospel of the Hebrews/Hebrew Matthew says about the Holy Spirit, another source of inspiration for Sophia most likely.

Wisdom is a Goddess and the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sirach 17:18 (for the OP)

Before you speak, learn;
and before you fall ill take care of your health.
Before judgement comes, examine yourself;
and at the time of scrutiny [judgement] you will find forgiveness.
Before falling ill, humble yourself;
and when you have sinned, repent.

19:4

One who trusts others too quickly has a shallow mind.

I chose this because you trusted the guy in the video and he was wrong or lying, probably lying, disregarding the truth.

Sirach 21:12

The one who is not clever, can not be taught,...

The mind of a fool is like a broken jar;
it can hold no knowledge.

Sirach 27:13

The talk of a fool is offensive, and their laughter wantonly sinful.

28:16

Those who pay heed to slander will not find rest,
nor will they settle down in peace.

28:26

Take care not to err with your toungue, and fall victim to one lying in wait.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I think you mean "her name is Hillary".

Because Mary did not worship the devil. Mary was the mother of Jesus.

And Allah is female? That makes no sense. Women were treated poorly by Mohammed, he even went against "the claimed teaching of the archangle Gabriel, instead of just getting 4 wives, he took 12 or 14 (can't remember how many). Many of these women were captured slaves, and women were given to other converted Muslims during Mohammed's time as part of loot. So it makes no sense whatsoever that "Allah" would be female.
edit on 7-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I should look into that. Thanks.

No worries, good luck, keep us posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join