It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth MacFarlane Breaks Down Why Most Of Hollywood Hates Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Seth MacFarlane Breaks Down Why Most Of Hollywood Hates Trump
m.huffpost.com...

“We live and work amongst his kind every day here. His tactics are those employed by the shiftiest of agents, lawyers, and publicists,” the actor said in a long note. “We’ve learned to recognize the blustery showmanship of a lying con man because we encounter it every day in our business.”

But as MacFarlane went on to explain, it’s important not to confuse Hollywood’s dislike for Trump with a lack of patriotism.

“Most of us love America a hell of a lot, and we don’t want America to be conned the way many of us have ourselves,” he wrote. “Trump is not of the People. Trump is of Hollywood. And that is the problem.”

I know... It's HuffPost and who cares what Seth MacFarlane thinks. Well the reason I post this is because this says so much what myself and many of my friends who work in Hollywood have felt. That Trump is like the slime of Hollywood. The guys who lure you in, scammers and con men who talk big and screw you over. It's just so obvious to us, whereas other people from middle of the country are impressed.

I agree with Seth. I think people in these big cities that have the glitz and showbiz bullsh*t recognize this kind of conman. I'm sure there are other big money king of the hill industries that have their version of it, too. He's the guy who takes advantage of everyone, cons people into working for free, brags about sh*t that makes you want to puke, and sues you or blacklists you as retaliation. He's the intimidator who threatens you'll never work in this town again if you don't bend to his will. He's the guy who promises the actress she's going to be a big star if she gets on her knees. He tells her everyone does it. And if by some miracle he happens to be attached to a project that wins an oscar, you just shake your head, knowing all of his awfulness is being validated.

I'm not saying Trump's done these things exactly. I'm saying you can recognize the Hollywood type. And Seth clearly recognizes it as do I.

And look at who Trump gravitates to.. Roger Ailes, sexual harasser and ex-king sh*t of FOX; Steve Bannon, the soulless alt-right platform embracer of hate. Slimy Hollywood producer types. Emphasis on slimy.

Everyone in Hollywood knows these are the guys to steer clear of. It's sad to see the country get duped by it... and right now so many of the guys who criticized him are now on their knees for him.

Trump is just too disgusting a human being. He's too much filth to respect. He's a guy you warn your friends about and ask your girl not to go meet to talk business-- because you know he's going to make a move on her.

I'm sorry so many of you are taken with this sort of sh#t stain of a human. It's pretty sad. I hope he turns out to be great but I have a feeling he'll be the most corrupting politician ever... not just in the traditional corruptive ways... but also in corrupting the hearts of many Americans.
edit on 2-12-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

+72 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
who cares what Seth MacFarlane thinks

Not I.

Trump is like the slime of Hollywood

Wonder what that makes ole Hillary.

+66 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Not I.

A criminal psychopath
edit on pm1212201616America/Chicago02p10pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

+66 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Yeah Right , Pot calling the Kettle Black . Hollywood is the Scumbag Capital of the World . 99.9 Percent of Americans would not Shed a Tear if it got Swallowed Up by the Earth . Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish .

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Not I.

A criminal psychopath

Wow, you guys veered off on a tangent pretty quick. I know Trump is pretty slimy and slippery -- but try to maintain your grip on the topic.

+46 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I thought it was because actors and "artists" are typically left leaning pinkos....

+34 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Beat me to the punch. I won't sit here and glorify Trump, but I voted for him because Hillary had proven she will sell her power under the brand of the DNC. She's more Republican than Trump honestly.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yeah Right , Pot calling the Kettle Black . Hollywood is the Scumbag Capital of the World . 99.9 Percent of Americans would not Shed a Tear if it got Swallowed Up by the Earth . Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish .

It's not the Pot calling the Kettle Black... it's the survivors pointing out the slimy predators and saying "beware... we see these scum bags everyday... Trump is an easy one to recognize."

Notice he still hasn't shown his taxes... he smooth talked you right past that one.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Not I.

A criminal psychopath

Apparently she isn't slimy enough for Hollywood...or the presi--*sigh*--don't want to start a flame war here.

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry so many of you are taken with this sort of sh#t stain of a human. It's pretty sad.

And I'm sorry your taken in by the MSM narrative.

As for Seth McFarland, he can keep his opinions. He's an entertainer as they all are. A literal remote control button. On/Off.

+59 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Yea, and Hollywood understands America and our struggles. They are the voice of hard pressed Americans who suffer from a shrinking middle class.

See how stupid that sounds?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Not I.

A criminal psychopath

Apparently she isn't slimy enough for Hollywood...or the presi--*sigh*--don't want to start a flame war here.

No she doesn't come off as slimy. Her supporters appear to be hopeful optimists and realists who believe in the message and feel inspired-- where Trump's guys all seem to have anger issues and appear to have simply been bought.

+34 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Not I.

A criminal psychopath

No she doesn't come off as slimy. Her supporters appear to be hopeful optimists and realists who believe in the message and feel inspired-- where Trump's guys all seem to have anger issues and appear to have simply been bought.

This is...pure, personal opinion.

+10 more 
link   
How long into Trump's presidency will you guys keep deflecting criticism of him by comparing him to Clinton?

link   

'Cause he don't fit wit da shillz, who payz da billz, dat buyz da pillz, dat cures da illz: in Holly-Fakey-Wood.

+20 more 
link   

Hahahhaahahahahhahaahahhahahaha.

Trump stood for real change (I'm skeptical of it). Hillary represents establishment elites. She made money by selling power. How is she for optimism of a country we can all admit is suffering.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

He makes an astute observation. snake oil salesman is a good descriptive.

link   
I love when New World Philosophy when it comes to electing their leaders.. Over here we just want someone who cleans his toilet after he takes a s#, dont say stupid s# and doesnt use his/her position to gain advantages..
When he/her are out of office, do whatever you like..

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm sorry so many of you are taken with this sort of sh#t stain of a human. It's pretty sad.

And I'm sorry your taken in by the MSM narrative.

As for Seth McFarland, he can keep his opinions. He's an entertainer as they all are. A literal remote control button. On/Off.

do you dismiss everyone with an opinion impartial to thy god. anyone speaking out against trump can keep their opinion?

go Trump

+26 more 
link   

Not I.

A criminal psychopath

You have seen the many various videos of people breaking down and then rioting in the streets correct? Anger issues and all?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join