It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists are right...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

If it were possible to elaborate on what we consider to be relative perspectives, I would. The very nature of what is "True" or "Good" is entirely subjective and thus it is merely our own opinions at this point.

I'm afraid my opinions on what I consider to be the perversion of "Good" or "Truth" would just cause an unnecessary controversy, derailing the thread. We are dealing with concepts that exist purely in the mind, relevant only to the individual. I cannot tell you what is "Good" any more than you can tell me what is "Truth", because these concepts are only applicable to our own intellectual plane. It's incredibly edifying when we find intersections where our intellectual planes meet, but sadly more often than not, divisiveness reigns when opinions collide.

I believe peaceful debate can only exist as long as we don't assume our opinions are axioms. Championing an opinion is similar to exclaiming that tofu is meat. No matter how much we believe tofu is meat, it's still just tofu.

FTR, I have nothing against tofu
This does not lead to the "truth is unknowable" fallacy does it?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Have you ever wondered why Krishna buddah and Jesus as well as other holy prophets who existed before, all have the same story?

Why they all share the same virgin birth, taught the same lessons, and died the same (different deaths but early deaths)?

It's all allegory to the human spirit, mind and body. They all taught meditation as the key to unlocking life's secrets and to rid ourselves of the guilty we put ourselves on.

I like to think the interpretations as the game of telephone.

It came from the east, but once it got here everything was completely different

I have never wondered this because neither buddha or Krishna are said to be virgin births. The Buddha is just a man. Krishna is a reincarnated vishnu.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: auto3000

In my opinion facts are not Truth. A fact is how things are and Truth is how things will be. So no, it is not a fallacy to state that our perception of reality and its "Truthiness" is subjective; or in other words, not absolute, but in a constant state of flux. It's a fact that gravity holds us on this Earth, but it's not necessarily the Truth. Truth, to me, transcends this temporal plane to give rise to that which is a thing-in-itself, which is beyond our capacity to know.

In regards to your question, bearing in mind that your version of truth resembles an absolute fact; no, of course facts are knowable.

I will not be replying any further about this topic. You're welcome to PM me, but this topic has already far exceeded the scope of the OP and I won't derail the thread further.

<< 10  11  12   >>

join