It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Challenge Nygdan to a Debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
...or want to, anyway. So what do I do next?

The topic: The Political History of Genetics and Eugenics.

Or, How the NWO Manipulated Science to Serve its Agenda.

...This guy has been indulging in some seriously rude attacks, without any kind of argument. I'd like to take him on in a structured focused environment.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Excellent. You need to contact MacKiller. He's in charge of the debates.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That would be something I would like to see.

First I think you need to slap him across the face with a glove, you can fill it with pennies first, that's your decision

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well getting a concensus from nygdan would be a first move, then contact MacKiller. All of this could have been done by u2u.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well getting a concensus from nygdan would be a first move, then contact MacKiller. All of this could have been done by u2u.

Okay, thanks and sorry - I'm fairly ignorant - much of the technology and ats process is beyond me, and I can't even find my own threads half the time, never mind the tutorial on how to use BBl codes or arrange a debate....

Thanks for your patience.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
and Colonel to a bakeoff...

and so it goes...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'd like to set up a paper-rock-scissors tournament. Who do I u2u about this?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Avatar ill beat box for your kareoke. *pa dish tiki tiki wer wer*

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ahhhh... a topic near and dear to my heart. This should be interesting indeed.

Soficrow, not sure if I am familiar with your posting or not... but I hope you are well prepared. Good luck

And Nygdan... I can't imagine you backing down from something like this. No sweat on the reply. Good luck to you too.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I responded to your u2u and declined to debate. I see absolutely no point in 'debating' with someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about, refuses to make clear points, is incapable of presenting anything to back up their claims, and is guilty of being either completely ignorant or entirely mislead by other ignorant sources.

I have nothing to prove to anyone on this board and am not here to engage in vaugely defined and senseless 'debates'. I am not trying to 'win' any contests here.

If you wanted to discuss the topic then the proper place to do so would've been in the thread that it was brought up in, and that would require you to at least attempt to support some of your inane claims. Discussion with me does not require 'formalized structures' to 'get me under control', but it does require that the other person at least attempt to honestly participate.

much of the technology and ats process is beyond me

As is apparently any metholdogy of logic or programme of research.

mattison0922
I can't imagine you backing down from something like this

I'm sorry to dissapoint, however, some of the conversations on this board are involved enough as is, I defintely do not have the time to waste in a debate on that subject with this poster. One could, I suppose, argue that any time spent 'online' is a waste, but if anything that should show how low I rank any formalized contact with this 'challenger'.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, I've always been one to stir the sht on any arguement, so if it please the court I will offer my services as an arrogant judgemental prick.

Soficrow can point me to some example of "ignorance" and if I see either side as being greviously in the wrong I'll get real self-important and declare it so.

The main reason I'm offering this is because I've seen Nygdan post before and I'd be surprised if there was any substance to the claim that he makes inflamatory posts devoid of reasoned arguement.
Two things really fry me around here. The first is ignorance. The second is wanna be intellectuals and hotshots (like myself, according to some) who arrogantly proclaim the ignorance of anyone who disagrees with them.

EDIT: By the way, no grudge so this isn't out of spite, but Soficrow if you would just like to debate for the heck of it, you and I could always ask MacKiller to let us match wits in the forum sometime after the debate tourney is over.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan I see absolutely no point in 'debating' with someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about, refuses to make clear points, is incapable of presenting anything to back up their claims, and is guilty of being either completely ignorant or entirely mislead by other ignorant sources.

Do you know who you are describing? Every thread soficrow has posted is based on well-researched information, with clear sources and links. Soficrow is far from ignorant and I am inclined to question your credibility based on your "knee-jerk" reaction to a challenge. To participate is, of course, your own choice, however, you should attempt to research the work done by soficrow......at the very least you will have to rescind your accusation of ignorance and lack of supporting info for sofisrows claims.

I continue to be impressed with the quality of soficrows work and will go on record stating as such.

*Attempts to crawl back into the shadows*

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
at the very least you will have to rescind your accusation of ignorance and lack of supporting info for sofisrows claims.

Why? She has not supported her claims. I don't care what she might've done in other threads at other times. There's only one that this is comming out of, and in it she did nothing like what you suggest.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why? She has not supported her claims. I don't care what she might've done in other threads at other times. There's only one that this is comming out of, and in it she did nothing like what you suggest.

A specific occurance is not grounds for a universal stipulation. As I am unaware of the thread/example you are referring to, I cannot say either way. I stand by my impression, however.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Since this thread seems to keep going, I thought it was important to provide a link to the thread in question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now everyone can read for themselves the discussion in question. Decide for yourself.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I challenge CazMedia to debate the merits of his questioning everything!
I accept the noble challenge sir!

Seriously,
Boy can i see the MODs trying to poo poo this "drama" as im sure it would be labled.
But i loved seeing both the chalenge and the tactful decline to accept.

When i looked at the thread in question, my mind quickly got bored, boredom sank in, eyes glazed from too much techno-science mumbo jumbo that admittedly wizzed over my head.

You 2 can debate all you want, but how could we the readers of it know who was right without PHD's? Who could we possibly find to moderate this with any credibillity?

Both of them do create good posts, weather i agree with them or not.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
1.) Buy white glove.

2.) Slap opponent in face with white glove

3.) Begin duel...or, in the 21st century, run like hell and hope they aren't packing.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I just read the above thread and see nothing wrong with soficrow's postings.

ngydan, I havn't seen you post anything that backs up your statments (although I havn't read them all but several).. All I have seen is just opininated opinions and near insults. That must be why you have a red "warn" on your avatar and why you will not debate her.l

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
That must be why you have a red "warn" on your avatar and why you will not debate her.l

I have a read warn because I refered to an instance where one group of politicians slashed the tires of another group of politicians vans in an attempt to interfere with the vote as 'bull#', ie 'their actions were a bunch of bull#', not for failing to backup any claims.
You can click on the warn flag to see the situation. Similarly, you can click on the soon to appear one for saying 'bull#' in this thread when it pops up.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If there is one person who backs up what they post on this place, it is Soficrow. Saying she doesnt back up her claims is just childish. She could post a three paragraph news story and have 14 links to back it up. Personally, I would like to see the debate take place. It would be nice to see my girl thrash someone in a debate. I dont think there is a single person on ATS who could debate with her on the topic mentioned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join