It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When You Want To BELIEVE Something...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
All the facts in the world will not change your mind when you are obstinate, there are only so many ways to prove someone wrong. One persons truth is another persons lies. I can tell you the sky is blue because of a reflection and you can tell me the grass is green because of photosynthesis, but if you choose to believe one thing and I another, does that really matter?

What either of us choose to believe is our choice.

Global warming or global cooling? Mini ice age coming or doomed by an asteroid? Chemtrails are normal? Trump won the POTUS election or stole it?

Aliens populated the Earth? We evolved or were created? Or Both? Or All of the above? Would gold, oil and diamonds have value without us putting value on them? Would the Bible make sense if we witnessed those events in person?

9/11 happened exactly the way they claim it did? If I tell you you are delusional and you scream I am a truther, does it change the facts? NO.

Every single thing we believe can be challenged by someone else and all kinds of facts can be postulated to bring an argument and coerce a debate.

Time travel? Gravity? Polarity? Multi-dimensional portals? Black holes?

One persons dreams are another persons nightmares. One persons reality is another persons fantasy. For every action there is an equal reaction?

There are many subjects taught in school. Are they all being taught properly? It is in a book, so it must be true, right? Wrong. But question it to the authority in charge and get a paddle on your backside.

We are forced to believe on the word of others? No. We have a choice, a brain, critical thinking, common sense that warns us to question certain aspects of what we are being fed.

Right or wrong? When we were born into this life did we come with information already stored in our hard drive or were we a clean slate? If I tell you reincarnation is real would you believe it? Have you ever felt a certain way about something and did not understand why?

Only one life to live? Dead and done? What keeps you alive? Animation? Or is there an energy life force? Where does it go? Up in smoke?

Do your actions have consequences? Is everything left to chance? Is there a plan or fate or destination? When you get on a plane are you just flying for the hell of it?

Are there lessons to learn? Are we just wandering around aimlessly for no reason?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It is true that objectivity is an illusion. Most people's beliefs are not founded on honest assessments of "factual" or "apparent" things but instead on self-serving perspectives. And other's still lack the mental power to pierce through, so they follow along with popular viewpoints from any/pickyour polarity, in either acquiescence to or opposition against one pillar or another. The choosing sides is almost invariably wrong. I think where the truth lies comes from within, from a unique perspective and guides one to the right answers/questions/actions.

So I'm saying people tend to cling to beliefs because they are either self-serving or it agrees with their temperament or they lack the intelligence to formulate authentic perspectives apart from popular notions. I also think it is much easier to get along in the world when you have beliefs that other people can easily relate to. And in that I suppose I mean the ease of fostering a discourse or dialectic in order to have pragmatic answers to hard questions. That would be the trade off.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

'Morning Searcher. A very well written thread, pertinent and to the point. Youre so dead-on with this.
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

very kind words from you kind stranger!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I find, at least for myself, that consideration rather than belief works better, helps for a more thoughtful existence. Belief so hinders the study of everything else. I think belief demands that everything falls in line with the belief and cannot give true consideration to that which does not. At least, that, is what I believe.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

As a lyricist and author myself...I truly believe sometimes...like in your remarks in the Opening Thread...we somehow "channel" just the right words, in just the right way...at just the right time.

Another day, another time, one minute past or one minute before we post...it wouldnt come out the way it did. Yours was right on the money and right to the point. Nice job.....

Best

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
What either of us choose to believe is our choice.

'Beliefs' are not 'choices', rationally come by, but are caught, like the malware virus that they are, pathologically symptomatic!

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - First Law of Soul Dynamics
All Perspectives are of the same One Truth!

new topics

top topics

join