It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French TV Bans Smiling Down Syndrome Kids - Dear Future Moms Banned As Offensive

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

BUT - - religious belief is still the #1 group behind anti-abortion activism.

It is the one the media reports most, for sure, so it's the reason most people assume is behind anti-abortion.

But, I would wager if you polled 500 random people that stated they were against abortion, less than half would be because of religious beliefs. It would be interesting to hear the reasons. There are even groups called things like Atheists Against Abortion, Pro Life Atheists, and Secular Pro Life. You don't hear about them in the news much....because, well...they're hard for the media to bash because they're not Christian.
edit on 28-11-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

* And hopefully folks realize I'm not trying to be hateful or mean about people with severe developmental issues. I'm speaking from experience. I've taken care of them. I've been very kind and attentive to them....but I've also had to clean feces off walls and I've been physically assaulted by them as well. If we're going to discuss reality, let's be real about it.

I totally get where you are coming from! I like what you have to say. Even though I claim I would have been up for all that, I have seen how incredibly difficult it is.... and I have no wish to condemn those who didn't feel up to it.

I have a cousin is so disabled she cant talk or interact with anyone, but she has gotten very heavy and very tall, and when she goes into a fit, it is seriously dangerous. Her parents were obligated to put her in a specialized facility at thirty years old because it was too hard, physically, to deal with that.

It isn't all roses and sunshine, despite what this commercial portrays.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

BUT - - religious belief is still the #1 group behind anti-abortion activism.

It is the one the media reports most, for sure, so it's the reason most people assume is behind anti-abortion.

But, I would wager if you polled 500 random people that stated they were against abortion, less than half would be because of religious beliefs. It would be interesting to hear the reasons. There are even groups called things like Atheists Against Abortion, Pro Life Atheists, and Secular Pro Life. You don't hear about them in the news much....because, well...they're hard for the media to bash because they're not Christian.

Its a subject I've followed - - being that I'm 70 and lived during the times it was illegal and women had to fight for their Rights.

I know you are trying to defend Christianity.

Random people are not Powerful Organized Activist Groups.

edit on 28-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Its a subject I've followed - - being that I'm 70 and lived during the times it was illegal and women had to fight for their Rights.

I am well aware of the past and how women that were hell bent on getting rid of the life growing in their womb went to back alley abortionists or resorted to the coat hanger method. No, I am not saying to make abortion illegal, because I know that a woman that wants that life out of her will do it by whatever means available.

I know you are trying to defend Christianity.

Nope. You "know" wrongly. I defend the right for anti-abortionists to be just as verbal as they want to be in protesting this horrendous act....but keep it within the law. And, the material posted in the OP should be allowed to be published and viewed regardless of what it may do to the conscience of someone that aborted their fetus. If they don't want to see smiling faces of a living person less than perfect, then turn away.

Random people are not Powerful Organized Activist Groups.

LOL....random people not organized into activist groups are able to change minds, hearts, and indeed, the course of a country! Hooray for the random people speaking out!

BTW....I think it is perfectly acceptable and even commendable for one to oppose abortion on religious grounds, too.

edit on 28-11-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join