It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The art of felons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Disclaimer: Don't do it until you read for yourself what the laws and consequences are. No one, certainly not me, is suggesting you deface currency in any way...even if we've all done it before.

Many people assume that it’s illegal to stamp or write on paper currency, but they’re wrong! There are three things that you CANNOT do to paper currency:

1) You CANNOT change the denomination — for example, you cannot add to zeros to a one dollar bill and pretend that it’s a one hundred dollar bill. That’s illegal.

2) You CANNOT burn, shred, or destroy currency, rendering it unfit for circulation.

3) You CANNOT advertise a business on paper currency. For example, if you own a Bagel shop, you cannot stamp “Eat at Joe’s Bagel’s” on a dollar.

www.stampstampede.org...

But basically, don't be a felon m'kay. Felonies are bad m'kay.

Defacement of U.S. currency is regulated by 18 USC 333, which states:

[W]hoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both. [Emphasis added]

There’s also a law prohibiting the use of paper money as advertising, 18 USC 475, which states:

[W]hoever . . . writes, prints, or otherwise impresses upon . . . any [coin or currency] of the United States, any business or professional card, notice, or advertisement, or any notice or advertisement whatever, shall be fined under this title. [Emphasis added]

www.stampstampede.org...

Now let's enjoy some antics from various felonious punks and pranksters!

A simple google search will allow you to enjoy even more evidence of felony!

edit on 24-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Excellent thread!

I am so glad that you pointed out that it is a felony and for anyone to do such things as writing #pizzagate, #twittergate, #redditgate, research the fed, research building #7, CIA drug smugglers, etc are the lowest of the low.

Laws are put in place for good reason and these anarchist punks have no place in society, this monopoly money is sacred, let us never forget this!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Check the link..it actually doesn't appear to be illegal as long as the bill is still viable for use.

And as long as you're not advertising anything for a profit, or seriously rendering the bill unreadable (as the examples above,) you should be in the clear.

Am I saying to do it? Hell nay!

Besides, I'm sure there are much better ways to spread the word than to deface money. I think bills with any messages worth reading would be taken out of circulation before too long anyway, which is why we rarely come across them.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

One of my favorites

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Check the link..it actually doesn't appear to be illegal as long as the bill is still viable for use.

And as long as you're not advertising anything for a profit, or seriously rendering the bill unreadable (as the examples above,) you should be in the clear.

Besides, I'm sure there are much better ways to spread the word than to deface money. I think bills with any messages worth reading would be taken out of circulation before too long anyway, which is why we rarely come across them.

That is interesting another user, I believe Kalixi, just started a thread that mentioned using the fiat currency as a means of spreading awareness about #pizzagate in particular and the thread was removed...

I had assumed it was because it was illegal, thank you for the link, it is good to see that it is not!

There is definitely better ways, but that does not change that this is still one of them, plus it is fun sticking it to the fed!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmThursday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Haha yeah, I came across a lot of good ones. Obviously can't post em all
But thanks for your help.

I'm sure these won't land one in good graces either!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Once upon a time my cousin got busted by FBI for printing and spending bag-fulls of twenty dollar bills during Mardi Gras and Spring Break when he attended LSWho. He got busted in Florida (but didn't rat on his five buddies, though he could've got off without time that way) at the hotel when he went back for the bag. They got busted because they threw out a load of the 'currency' that they had misprinted (don't know how they got a hold of the pre-printed paper, but . . . he) into the trash behind the dorms.
Moral of the story . . . if you find a perfect $20 bill that says it was printed in Baton Rouge, it is not real.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
I had assumed it was because it was illegal

We're just here to enjoy some artistic creations, not to advocate anything illegal, or to discuss other threads..as that is against site T&C's

edit on 25-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I had assumed it was because it was illegal

We're just here to enjoy some artistic creations, not to advocate anything illegal, or to discuss other threads..as that is against site T&C's

My apologies!

I like many of the artists work, but I think my favorite may be the Mario one!

Brings me back!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmThursday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Don't know, I liked the Willy Wonka ones best.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Your cousin definitely has some hard-boiled huevos!

Closest thing I've come to that are when cashiers won't accept my 'fake' 2-dollar bills or 50 cent pieces

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yeah, well him and his buddies may be (have been, whatever) geniuses, but they weren't all that bright in the common sense department. After all, they did get busted.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

That is interesting another user, I believe Kalixi, just started a thread that mentioned using the fiat currency as a means of spreading awareness about #pizzagate in particular and the thread was removed...

I had assumed it was because it was illegal, thank you for the link, it is good to see that it is not!

There is definitely better ways, but that does not change that this is still one of them, plus it is fun sticking it to the fed!

Someone saw my thread! Haha

Apparently the quote I used violated TOS. But meh

Yes interesting way to spread the #pizzagate message. Someone on voat has also created a VR code that directly links to the #pizzagate investigation, need to print 'em out and stick em around.

Well I'm going to be a felon and write on mah currencies!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sure it's illegal... But so is skateboarding without a license in Florida.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

This thread was written as a satire.

new topics

top topics

join