It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racists on all sides?

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So this isn't really a rant but I don't know where to put it so here it goes. I'm a white male. 36 years old from the south. I consider myself an independent. I dislike corporate America. I dislike politics. I see all the hateful vitriol from both sides of both parties but with that said, I don't see white supremacists beating black people.

I do however see blacks beating white people in the streets on videos and getting away with it. I see the liberals mouthing more garbage than any white person I know would ever say even behind closed doors but they're saying it on live broadcasts and for some reason it's not considered racist rhetoric.

I for one believe (my own opinion) that Obama has set race relations back 50 years and have made my race the enemy. I've never owned a slave and detest the idea of it. Should I feel ashamed for being born white? Should I be labeled an enemy to diversity? Is being white not an addition to diversity? Is being proud of my heritage a thing of evil?

I don't drive around with a confederate flag and a skinned head. I work with people from all walks of life but if I were to walk down the streets of South Chicago I'd be beaten or killed most likely. However anyone of any color can walk down my street. How did things get like this in such a short time?

Are all races inherently predudice but only whites can bare the cross of "racist" these days? I'm really curious how these things have come to pass. I realize many of you are wiser than I am and maybe you can enlighten me. I thought growing up that we were past these issues but now it seems even my closest friends on Facebook are blocking me if I so much as mention my distaste for #blacklivesmatter or compare them to a hate group such as the KKK as I see no difference.

edit on 24-11-2016 by Anathros because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I agree whole heartedly. Looks like we both will be beaten as racists now in the forum by the non racist, folks that are full of love.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just act like you got islamcphbia.. you will get away with any type of racism against anyone in general..

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

this isn't really a rant...

Yes it is.

Obama has set race relations back 50 years...

36 years old...

Lol what?

A common meme.

Anyone who believes race relations are worse now than 1966 is brainwashed.

blacklivesmatter

the KKK

I see no difference.

Most normal people do.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you are a bit more aware than your facebook "friends" and less sensitive about the looming spectre of violating the political correctness edicts of the day as determined by (media) social conditioning.

It isn't your fault you were born "white", "privileged", with the stain of "mortal sin" because your forefathers are held responsible for enslaving persons of color over 150 years ago. Don't forget, you are also MALE, and that's another thing you should be ashamed of under the current social conditioning.

I can only disagree with one of your assertions. First time I was in Chicago's south side was in 1979.
It was not some place you'd have felt safe or comfortable back then. It's not surprising it is still feels that way now.

Congratulations on your practice of critical thinking, an activity probably not familiar to your "friends".

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Yes it is.

36 years old...

Lol what?

A common meme.

blacklivesmatter

the KKK

I see no difference.

Most normal people do.

Please show me where blacklivesmatter and the KKK differ. I'm too young to remember the 60's and have never witnessed a burning cross thank God but the ideology seems to be the same to me. Each race seems to place their issues on the other.

Like I said, I'm willing to read and learn and see different perspectives. I'm open-minded but what I see, I tend to believe. Believe the media that #blacklivesmatter is a peaceful protest group or my lying eyes? I have disdain for any group that hates another due to skin color.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Redacted
edit on 24-11-2016 by intrptr because: redacted

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

Yes it is.

36 years old...

Lol what?

A common meme.

blacklivesmatter

the KKK

I see no difference.

Most normal people do.

Please show me where blacklivesmatter and the KKK differ. I'm too young to remember the 60's and have never witnessed a burning cross thank God but the ideology seems to be the same to me. Each race seems to place their issues on the other.

Like I said, I'm willing to read and learn and see different perspectives. I'm open-minded but what I see, I tend to believe. Believe the media that #blacklivesmatter is a peaceful protest group or my lying eyes? I have disdain for any group that hates another due to skin color.

Well for starters the Klueless Klux Klan were/are a white supremesy group, they hated everyone who isn't white. Heck they are not keen one "whites" who don't speak the Anglo lingo.

Black lives matter isn't a group or institute, it's an encompassing hashtag that happens to have all sorts of people associating with it... Including black racists, fools and people with valid points.

I'm 10 years younger than you (today) I grew up in racist council estates, all I can say is the majority of it (racism) is due to a lack of understanding... Heck the racism itself was usually inaccurate, showing the ignorance of the racist.

Don't feed on the ignorance, racism is just groups refusing to get along with other groups, a very easy excuse that excuses the accuser of the failings in their own life. AKA a cop out.

Meh but what do I know, I don't even use Twitter or watch MSM... I don't see organisation within BLM though and certainly not racist literature. Again BLM isn't a group, like occupy whatever location wasn't.

Anarchism within the confines of protest will always fail, too many individual voices. I feel as if you have been listening to the more extreme voices and stereotyping a whole movement.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

edit on 24-11-2016 by Anathros because: Delete

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
OP redacted reply, so did I.
edit on 24-11-2016 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

OP redacted reply, so did I.

I did. I despise bringing up my military past and I came across quite condescending. I dislike the past and so I decided to delete it. It did however shape my ideas on the ME and immigration for our country and those ideas border on what most would see as radical, myself included.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Evidently , you were not alive back then..I was...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Bigotry in any way shape or form is bad. So yes there are bigots in all groups. I agree that it appears to be one-sided in the accusations. However that does not excuse any of the bigotry. So when people try to deflect with "but they are racists/bigots/xenophobes as well" I get very suspicious

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

You deleted the past? Bravo! What a fantastic trick!

However, that is not necessarily a good idea. The past, even the least pleasant parts of it, can teach us much about the human condition. Especially the least pleasant parts of it.

If you learned that proxy wars started on the orders of financial institutions and industry leaders, for profit not for principle, without legitimate endgame, which involve funding the enemy to keep them in the spotlight, are wrong, that ALL fear politics is nonsensical, that your liberty is worth more than security, and must never be traded away for any reason, then keep learning! It's obviously doing you some good! But never delete the past. Keep it for your records, in case you need to refer to it later.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Not good enough mate. Has Obama made race relations worse or has the reaction of people who hate a black President made it worse?

Is the current race-focused hysteria a natural social outcome or has it been fanned and flamed by special interest groups on social media?

It's usually a bit of both and, this time round, I suspect it's more about social media being manipulated.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

Yes it is.

36 years old...

Lol what?

A common meme.

blacklivesmatter

the KKK

I see no difference.

Most normal people do.

The KKK hung African-Americans. Come on guy. This isn't a place for a history lesson. Pick up a book and read. There really is no comparison between the two. They have two different agendas and carry out their agendas for different reasons.

new topics

top topics

join