It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Petraeus opens door to Trump administration Sec of State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Petraeus said when asked to serve by the president, he would say 'yes, Mr President'."

General David Petraeus said he would be willing to serve as in a Trump Admin.

General David Petraeus, one of the United States' most prominent military officers, has indicated he would be willing to serve in President-elect Donald Trump's administration if asked.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, he said: "The only response can be: 'yes, Mr President'."

Petraeus had some indirect criticism of Trump during the election, but now he had heard good things from from those who have spoke to Trump since the election.

Asked if he thought Mr Trump had the correct temperament to be the US President, he said: "It's up to Americans at this point in time not only to hope that that is the case, but if they can, endeavour to help him."

He then indicated he would personally serve under Mr Trump if asked.

"If you're asked, you've got to serve - put aside any reservations based on campaign rhetoric... and figure out what's best for the country," he said.
www.bbc.com...
edit on 24-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Petraeus had some indirect criticism of Trump during the election, but now he had heard good things from from those who have spoke to Trump since the election.
Asked if he thought Mr Trump had the correct temperament to be the US President, he said: "It's up to Americans at this point in time not only to hope that that is the case, but if they can, endeavour to help him."

Doesn't read as indirect criticism to me. Reads more like a person accustomed to speaking in a non-committal manner, while neither opposing nor endorsing a specific position or person, yet signaling availability.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

True, or someone who won't go on record with any disparaging comments of superiors. I would imagine he was contacted by Trump well before the election win.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
Just keep him away from the Hookers.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Does he have an "issue" with ladies of the night? I remember something him cheating on his wife??

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Does he have an "issue" with ladies of the night? I remember something him cheating on his wife??

Yes he gave away Classified Information to his Mistress and shouldn't be considered for any top level Gov Job.
But the Right hold him in High Regard like that Creep Oliver North, amongst others.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I never understood the unholy love for North, would you put Petraeus in the same boat?

Looks like I need to do some refresher research on Petraeus...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I couldnt agree more. This Generals johnson is his barometer for right and wrong. I will be terribly defeated to see the likes of him in any official capacity again. This is what angered me about Hillary...it just boils down to duty, honor and country, do they even teach that any more?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Yes he gave away Classified Information to his Mistress and shouldn't be considered for any top level Gov Job.
But the Right hold him in High Regard like that Creep Oliver North, amongst others.

The irony of putting a guy that pleaded guilty to removing and retaining classified information into the same position that was recently held by somebody under investigation for improperly handling classified material is, to put a point on it, astronomically mind-boggling.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sounds like an other opertunity to have a server in a basement, maybe just have HRC serve as SOS.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No he shouldnt be considered for cabinet level work. But Hillary, an absolute crook beyond what most mafia dons do, was SOS and almost president. The bar is not set very high.)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The irony of putting a guy that pleaded guilty to removing and retaining classified information into the same position that was recently held by somebody under investigation for improperly handling classified material is, to put a point on it, astronomically mind-boggling.

i know.
but at least his last name isnt Clinton.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That's exactly why he'll never have security clearance ever again. He's ineligible for the position.

top topics

join