It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to meet with Tulsi Gabbard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Trump is planning to meet with Tulsi Gabbard.
She is Hindu.
She is a progressive liberal.
She was strong enough to stand up to Hillary.
She was the vice chair of the DNC and resigned to back Bernie Sanders.

Is she being considered for a cabinet level position?
The Hill

Trump to meet with Tulsi Gabbard © Victoria Sarno Jordan President-elect Donald Trump is meeting on Monday with Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), who was one of the staunchest supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) presidential campaign. According to pool reports, Gabbard will meet with Trump Monday at Trump Tower in New York City, though there is no indication what the two will discuss. One reporter for The New York Times tweeted that Gabbard was under discussion for U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. Tulsi Gabbard -- Democrat, Sanders supporter and combat veteran -- is under consideration for UN ambassador, per senior Trump aide — Jeremy W. Peters (@jwpetersNYT) November 21, 2016 Trump's chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, is reportedly a big fan of Gabbard because of her right-leaning stances on guns, refugees and Islamic extremism. Gabbard did not join the majority of her Democratic colleagues in co-sponsoring gun control legislation this summer. She also voted in favor of a Republican-sponsored bill that requires refugees from Iraq and Syria receive background checks from the FBI.

She seems to be pretty agreeable to me, as far as progressives go.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I really like her, very smart and a great leader. NOTHING to do with religion or being a woman. She is one of the best.

That accelerated Army course in Ala is not for the faint of heart either. I ended up going doing the one weekend a month program instead but people I know went to the accelerated one said it sucked big time.
edit on 21-11-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

For the most part, I like her. I don't agree with her on a number of issues, but the few times I've seen her in interviews I've generally been impressed. She's intelligent, thoughtful, and willing to break with the official party line. You rarely get one of those three with a national Democrat politician these days, let alone all three.

Unfortunately, she loses me on 2nd amendment issues. She's very weak on gun rights and because of that, I can't support her and I don't think I'd support Trump adding her to his administration, either.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That's just Trumps 'token' interview
In what reality would she ever have a position in Trumps circle.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
That's just Trumps 'token' interview

any other political hack i would agree but i dont think trump is a poltical party cheerleader.

if he thinks this will give him more positive pr and support he just might do it . he isnt exactly by the book like the other molded polticial hacks. atleast not yet.

hopefully she wont sh1t all over bernies movement like bernie did.

edit on 041130America/ChicagoMon, 21 Nov 2016 17:04:14 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

If she makes Trump look good.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I thought she would make a good VP.

Her turning to Bernie was a disappointment to me.

Anyway, she could be a good addition to the team.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I hope that he finds a place for her. I like her. N9t that it matters for a UN ambassador, but she is half Samoan and likes to surf.

top topics

join