It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So, here's what the people have to say:

As the play ended, the actor who played Aaron Burr, Brandon Victor Dixon, acknowledged that Mr. Pence was in the audience, thanked him for attending and added, “We hope you will hear us out.”

“We, sir — we — are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights,” he said. “We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf all of us.”

The audience gave a standing ovation during the play at the line, “Immigrants, we get the job done,” one theatergoer, Christy Colburn, wrote on Twitter.

She added: “Crowd went NUTS at King George’s lines ‘when people say they hate you’ & ‘do you know how hard it is to lead?’ He had to stop the song.”

The statement that Mr. Dixon read was written by the show’s creator, Lin-Manuel Miranda, its director, Thomas Kail, and the lead producer, Jeffrey Seller, with input from cast members, Mr. Seller said.
Photo
A protester’s sign referred to a line from “Hamilton” while others shouted slogans at Mr. Pence as he left the theater. Credit Andres Kudacki/Associated Press

“We had to ask ourselves, how do we cope with this?” Mr. Seller said. “Our cast could barely go on stage the day after the election. The election was painful and crushing to all of us here. We all struggled with what was the appropriate and respectful and proper response. We are honored that Mr. Pence attended the show, and we had to use this opportunity to express our feelings.”

And then this:

Mr. Seller said that there was some discussion about whether it was appropriate to inject a political statement into the night, and that those involved decided to wait until the end of the performance. He said no cast members had skipped the performance to protest Mr. Pence’s appearance.

Mr. Trump has not seen “Hamilton” or inquired about tickets, Mr. Seller said, adding that the president-elect would be “welcomed to attend.”

Trump has - of course - twittered his special feelings about dissing the VP To Be into the cold dark night

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

What do you think?

edit on 11/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think taxes in big cities need to go up, to support "immigrants"

+74 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think if I pay for a ticket to see a play, I don't want to have to sit and listen to a lecture from a bunch of butthurt Liberals.

“We had to ask ourselves, how do we cope with this?” Mr. Seller said. “Our cast could barely go on stage the day after the election. The election was painful and crushing to all of us here.

These snowflakes really need to get a grip.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It was a good example of free speech.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

These snowflakes really need to get a grip.

Yeah like Trump demanding on twitter than the theatre should be a "safe place".

Snowflakes everywhere.

❄️❄️️❄️️❄️️❄️️
edit on 19-11-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think if you're about to be the Vice President of the United States of America, you don't get a break for a play... you are in service of the people 24/7. That's the job he signed up for.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Actors, sport-ohs and other performers should SHUT UP AND SING!

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hamilton ... Oh, you mean that prime example of leftists culturally appropriating history?

Can you tell me that if a bunch of white people made a play about Selma and cast all white people in it that the left wouldn't be all butthurt over it, but creating Hamilton is awesome and edgy and wonderful ...

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Personally, I cannot help but feel that a political lecture directed at Pence directly was in bad form. Their performance provided insight into their beliefs. If the need to clarify had to be given at the end of the performance, it should have had more of a broader focus for the whole audience. Just my 2 cents.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Broadway, just like Hollywood, lives under the delusion that their opinion is more important than the working class.
Mom and pop America could care less what they think.
If they had a brain in their head, these entertainment people should be more concerned about not biting the hand that feeds them !!

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hamilton didn't rap. He also married Elizabeth Schuyler, a member of a prominent New York slaveholding family.

Liberals will do anything to escape from the reality they live in instead of facing it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They are working, and all I here is there is no free speech at work.

So they should shut up like the rest of us and do their jobs like good little boys and girls.

When TPTB want your opinion they will promise you something in an election to get your vote.

It was a good example of free speech.

edit on 19-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think it might do white America good to try and experience life in Selma in the 50s-60s through art. You apparently think the left would be wrong in what you assume would be outrage but it's okay for you to actually be outraged that someone was inspired by Hamilton's story and took creative license in his spirit cuz not white.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Hamilton ... Oh, you mean that prime example of leftists culturally appropriating history?

Can you tell me that if a bunch of white people made a play about Selma and cast all white people in it that the left wouldn't be all butthurt over it, but creating Hamilton is awesome and edgy and wonderful ...

Yea and could you imagine Obama getting lectured like this under same conditions? Without it being called something other than what folks are calling this.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So let's inside some racial paranoia. Mike Pence's wife and of course we know how those whites are, right?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Or maybe you should find a job where your employer doesn't limit your speech with threat of termination.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Didn't take long for the race card to be played.

You guys make up your own arguments and then get upset about it lol.

People have the right to hate speech on Twitter but these "liberals," don't have the right to free speech... because they're liberals and snowflakes?

Keep on telling yourselves that Trump represent the average, working American.

You see his nominee for AG? What a joke. Dude is comparing folks using medical cannabis to "lady gaga who is addicted to pot."

Can't make this # up.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think the cast were assholes, personally.

But they have every right to be assholes, in my opinion.

Free speech, free expression should always be defended, even when done by morons.

It's what separates the authoritarians from those who actually value freedom.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I think its funny that nobody thought of telling Obama to undertake his duties on behalf of "all of us".

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

What?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join