It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants To Delay His Trump University Trial Until After He Is Sworn In. Trump's Pay-to-Play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Trump wants trial delay until after swearing-in

www.cnn.com...

I think Trump has found a loophole in the law that would allow him to not be criminally punished for the Trump University scams once he is sworn in and that his entire campaign was a farce to get elected to beat the trial.

His attorney's are citing that Trump has an arduous task of appointing new cabinet members and cannot be bothered. But according to reality Trump appointed Mike Pence to oversee the transition thus freeing Trump up to stand trial.

I would have to think that Trump is in a bind with Trump University because those he left behind to take the blame for his scam will undoubtedly come forward at just the right time to expose Trump, rather the Trump's and the family of scammers that they really are.

The Supreme Court has ruled that the president has absolute Immunity from civil lawsuits seeking damages for presidential actions. However, the Court ruled in Clinton v. Jones, 520 U.S. 681, 117 S.Ct. 1636, 137 L.Ed.2d 945 (1997), that a sitting president does not have presidential immunity from suit over conduct unrelated to his official duties. The holding came in a civil suit brought by Paula Corbin Jones against President Clinton. Jones's suit was based on conduct alleged to have occurred while Clinton was governor of Arkansas. Clinton had sought to postpone the lawsuit until after he left office.

The Court also expressed skepticism that denying immunity to the president would generate a "deluge of such litigation." In the history of the presidency, only three other presidents had been subject to civil damage suits for actions taken prior to holding office.

Make that four Presidents that have been subject to civil damage suits for actions taken prior to holding office with Elect Trump.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dryson

What does this have to do with pay-to-play?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If it's about Trump, it's already been posted.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
His attorney's are citing that Trump has an arduous task of appointing new cabinet members and cannot be bothered. But according to reality Trump appointed Mike Pence to oversee the transition thus freeing Trump up to stand trial.

So, your main point is that Trump doesn't have to spend the next 2 months learning about the Presidency and the White House because he appointed Mike Pence to head the transition team?

Seriously?
edit on 11/15/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

If Trump is spending the next two months learning about the Presidency then he is not qualified to be President. You don't go work for a Nuclear Power Company and then learn how the nuclear reactor works by turning nobs.

Trumps "crash course" in being the President of the United States of America will be a crash course the U.S. will never forget.

I also think that Trump wanted to be elected President so he could use the office of the President to avoid or at least reduce the damage done to him by the Trump University scam.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Pay-to-Play was mentioned in the video if you watched it. Basically each person pays $35,000 for books and other material that shows them how they "COULD" make a fortune in real estate. But in order to learn the secrets of the trade the real material is paying Trump University money for the next "lesson" where you might receive kick backs for the money you spent based on what was brought in from the lower tier's of the scam. You pay into the system with an initial payment then then take "interest" from other lower sources of the scheme investing the money you "earned" to buy your way into the next level of the scheme and so forth until you hit the bulwark that keeps you just right below the Trumps.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dryson
Trump wants trial delay until after swearing-in

I think Trump has found a loophole in the law that would allow him to not be criminally punished for the Trump University scams once he is sworn in and that his entire campaign was a farce to get elected to beat the trial.

Criminally punished?
It is a civil suit, is it not?

At worst it would cost him some dough.
Also, what has this got to do with "pay-to-play"?

edit on 15-11-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

It is a civil suit that also has racketeering charges hanging on it.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

LOL um no.... civil suits cant have any charges hanging on it....They are two different courts. Civil and Criminal....

Testimony from one can be used in another but that is it.

Sheesh people, if you're American you should have paid attention in Civics and Law classes in Jr high and High School....
edit on 15-11-2016 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dryson
a reply to: RedDragon

If Trump is spending the next two months learning about the Presidency then he is not qualified to be President. You don't go work for a Nuclear Power Company and then learn how the nuclear reactor works by turning nobs.

Trumps "crash course" in being the President of the United States of America will be a crash course the U.S. will never forget.

I also think that Trump wanted to be elected President so he could use the office of the President to avoid or at least reduce the damage done to him by the Trump University scam.

Ok so now you're saying he does need 2 months to prepare himself for the presidency because he's unqualified? I thought you just said that his excuse to delay the trial was BS because he doesn't need 2 months?

Man, you're all over the place. Aren't you just rationalizing stuff to believe whatever you want to believe?

By the way, I majored in finance and needed a week of training for my first job. I currently wait tables and needed 2 weeks of training for that. You seriously think needing 2 months of training for the hardest job in the world makes you unqualified? Dude. Dude.
edit on 11/15/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
look....cheating people out of their money has been trump's modus operandi for decades

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Civil RICO complaint, though.

I don't think it has anything to do with escaping consequences somehow.

I think this delay request is for show though...they don't really want the delay and that's why the motion for a delay didn't offer any grounds to warrant granting one. Saying he's going to be busy isn't grounds. They need to argue they need more time to establish material facts.

edit on 15-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

What in God's name makes you think that? It is a civil case arising under a part of the RICO statute that says that if someone does certain things you can sue them. People are not "charged" in a civil case. A criminal case has charges and can end up with jail time. A civil case has causes of action or claims for relief and can end up with monetary or equitable relief only..

top topics

join