It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump To Block $/Illegal Immigrants In Chicago Told ‘Always Will Be A Sanctuary City’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The lead up-to and the illegal activities in America have been building for decades. Now America has a champion for those against crime and injustice. This last election was the great divider, showing both sides and distinguishing the two moralities, so it will take time for the mindset of honesty to return. And there are some with no moral compass. Hopefully life will become difficult for them.

I would find a place in the Legal and justice system for Trey Gowdy and put him in charge of legal president and enforcement.... President Trump will not be surrounded with anything but the brightest and best if he has a choice. No city or mayor is above the law
edit on 14-11-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's funny how lack of funds changes attitudes. As long as the government is funding them, they're all rough and tough! It's like going to the principles office with a group of your buddies. Once you're alone, you're dry mouth and shaking knees tell the real truth of your strength. If Chicagoans can support the illegal's on their own dime, good for them. I have a feeling though, that is NOT the case.

It's why Trump won. People are tired of being the labor but not the recipients of their hard work. People have been patient, giving, compromising......at some point, with continued abuse.....yes it is abuse, they stand up and say NO MORE! The people have spoken and there are more people saying NO MORE than the population of Chicago. Trump understands the message and will smack that gavel down! It's coming, best they be prepared.
edit on 14-11-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
More Trump effect, Rahm Emanuel is telling illegals Chicago will ALWAYS be a sanctuary city.

Trump has already planned to deport 2-3 million criminal illegal immigrants, and said he would with hold federal funding to cities that don't comply.

There is talk that calls from illegal immigrants to suicide hotlines have increased to 200% since the election.

These are strange times, when cities declare themselves sanctuary cities and the thing they protect is illegal....

A showdown me thinks is on the horizon.

Even as President-elect Donald Trump vows to immediately deport 2 to 3 million undocumented immigrants when he takes office in January, Mayor Rahm Emanuel is reaffirming Chicago’s commitment as a so-called “sanctuary city.”

“To be clear about what Chicago is, it always will be a sanctuary city,” the mayor said Monday.

Emanuel sought to reassure those worried about Trump’s interview on “60 Minutes,” in which he said he plans to immediately deport or incarcerate up to 3 million undocumented immigrants who have criminal records.

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably 2 million, it could be even 3 million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” Trump said in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl. “But we’re getting them out of our country, they’re here illegally.”

Trump also has promised to block federal funding for sanctuary cities like Chicago.

Laurie Children’s Hospital CEO Patrick Magoon called Trump’s vow a public health crisis, and said undocumented immigrants and their relatives have been making calls to suicide hotlines since the election.

“Calls, which have increased by 200 percent at the state level and 250 percent at the national level,” he said.

Congressman Luis Gutierrez said if Trump revokes President Barack Obama’s executive order shielding more than a million children of undocumented immigrants from deportation, the president-elect would be declaring war on the immigrant community.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

If a Trump administration is serious about deporting the 2-3 million illegals who are criminals beyond the criminality of being here illegally, his first step should be to go after all of these "sanctuary cities".

Best way to do so in my opinion is cut all federal funding to these cities *and* to cut all federal funding to the states these cities are in, until they comply with the law.

The state governor's of these cities will then also put enormous pressure on the cities to comply with the law - perhaps including cutting state funding too, as many states are *very* dependent on Federal funding.

Do that, and watch how fast the whole ridiculous notion of "sanctuary city" disappears when the money dries up.

It is now and always has been about the money at the end of the day.

At least, that's what I would do in his shoes.

edit on 11/14/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
A sanctuary for who, people that want to die in a hail of gunfire.

Here is an idea Rahm. Why don't you concern yourself with making the city safe for your current legal residents?

Rahm is more concerned with virtue signaling and appeasing illegal immigrants than the people dying everyday in his city.

Let me take a page out of the lefts handbook.

Methinks that if thousands of white wealthy liberals were being shot in his city every year, he would be more concerned with helping them than he is now when it is poor black people.

Sadly I have to agree if this was wealthy people on Chicago he would do something. But it's poor black people being shot and killed. So I guess not a major priority for his administration.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey mayor, your city has gone to sh#t. Why don't you ask your legal residents how they feel about the situation. Making grandiose statements doesn't hide the fact you run a warzone.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They aren't illegal if the state sais they're not

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
They aren't illegal if the state sais they're not

Now that's funny

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There's an easy solution to this, just use their own favorite tactic against them. Suspend all federal funding to Chicago until they're in compliance. If that doesn't work, start leaning on the state government of Illinois, too.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If you or I were caught harboring or aiding an illegal what would happen to us?
The same thing should happen to any politician who does it.

The penalty for felony harboring is a fine and imprisonment for up to five years.

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization or local government) commits a federal felony when he:

assists an alien whom he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him to obtain employment,
encourages that alien to remain in the U.S., by referring him to an employer, by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime.

It`s not just harboring them that`s illegal:

Conspiracy to commit the crimes of sheltering, harboring, or employing illegal aliens is a separate federal offense punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 or five years imprisonment.

www.fairus.org...

so, when are we going to start throwing these mayors and city councils in jail?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Wait, the people who don't pay their taxes have increased calls to the tax-funded suicide hotline by 200%?
I'm having a hard time feeling the love for them.

Isn't chicago the shining example of what a gun-free zone looks like, with many shootings per day?

Some sanctuary.

It's a sanctuary to the ideals of the traitors amidst the peoples government. Gun Free zones disarm law abiding citizens. Everyone should be trained and armed. If we did that and promoted compasion, tolerance, love and integrity AND everybody was packing!! #### We could actually make this human experiment work!! After all, an armed society is a polite society😉
edit on 14-11-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

It's the truth

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Anybody who is insane enough to call a city with 3,880 shootings/attempted murders a sanctuary should be in a very small room with a very large guard.
edit on 14-11-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
a reply to: In4ormant

It's the truth

Not up to speed on our U.S. immigration laws and policies are we.
edit on 14-11-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
P.s. I'm not a Trump fan, and I have utter disgust from the depths of my black heart for HRC. But, seriously, why the #### is anyone defending someone being in the USA Illegally? They are trespassing. I don't think we should break up families with children and there needs to be some kind of reform with our immigration system but, COME ON!!! ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS it says it right there.
edit on 14-11-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Someone should inform Emanuel that Chicago's own in Obama has deported 2.5M+ illegals who've committed crimes.

Trump still hasn't deported one.

Well let's wait till President Trump takes office.

Then come back and tell us how hes doing

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So Rahm is questioning, like lots more of us I suppose, whether Trump has a big enough pair to grab the loud-mouthed punks by the scruff of their neck and metaphorically slap some sense into them. If Trump proves he's got the biggest cahones, America will reach the stratosphere again quickly. Let's hope!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So Rahm is questioning, like lots more of us I suppose, whether Trump has a big enough pair to grab the loud-mouthed punks by the scruff of their neck and metaphorically slap some sense into them. If Trump proves he's got the biggest cahones, America will reach the stratosphere again quickly. Let's hope!
a reply to: hunamongyou

True, we will see, I imagine by march 1st we will see what is what.
Keep in mind Putin has already agreed to fight ISIS with the US.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Illegal Thugs will fit right in with the legal Thugs. Shootings are so bad they're just posted to a running blog now, instead of taking up valuable space in the newspaper and valuable airtime on the TV news.

Chicago's Shootings and Murder Summary Blog: chicago.cbslocal.com...

To all crooks and thugs of the world... COME TO CHICAGO and ENJOY FREE REIN on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan!

You'll be happy to know that the huge Barack Hussein Obama Library complex will be centered directly in one of the most distasteful, dangerous "hoods" in Chicago. You'll LOVE celebrating his legacy here!

Obama Library: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Chicago is one step away from insolvency and has been for a while. Its been propped up with quick fixes for a while but destined to fail sooner or later. TPTB know it. This is a last ditch effort at securing the confidence of minorities. If Trump withholds federal aid from Chicago the city will go under in a heartbeat. This way they can blame it on Trump, even though it was clearly decades of democrat rule that ruined this once great city.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Wait, the people who don't pay their taxes have increased calls to the tax-funded suicide hotline by 200%?
I'm having a hard time feeling the love for them.

Isn't chicago the shining example of what a gun-free zone looks like, with many shootings per day?

Some sanctuary.

Exactly. Tax payer funded suicide lines should only be used by the citizens that pay taxes, except of course for minors. What if the line is busy because of this uptick in illegals using it and the tax payers can't even use it and they they end up harming themselves. Or a teen tries to call it and can't.

Even if illegals don't call in, still got to deal with those anchor babies..

Smh.

edit on 14-11-2016 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join