It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doshio...or what should I do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ok we have this friend, we roll deep through thick and thin for over a decade , from marriage, kids, divorce, money and career problems , death in family that kind friend, however he had always had a hair trigger of a temper at the best of times, and really the only ones he allowed to give him sht is us, which is generally what we do to show affection to each other in a guys kinda a way , he had some rough times lately as he is a cancer survivor , the down side is they gave him some kind of drug to make him eat during Kimo, so he add a lot of weight which was fine...until enter Donald Trump which he looked a lot like, he is not a Trump fan and find him distasteful, he describe himself as an enlightened Red Neck from Florida, meaning he is smart and would still whoop your ass on GP..Ok I digress, we are having a difficult time drinking together without breaking up a fights because someone from another table will eventually make a Trump lookalike reference, the first 10 times was funny and he kept his temper in check, now he is taking swings at the locals, we have to keep on our toes, and usually the night ends in damped moods, but he is our people and not having him around seemed fked up...how can we help him without isolating him...doshio??..

edit on 13-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Not trying to be sarcastic but switch the booze to weed(for him) and the temper will go. If he's still on the meds to eat, the weed will help that too.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: justneo
Not trying to be sarcastic but switch the booze to weed(for him) and the temper will go. If he's still on the meds to eat, the weed will help that too.

yeah except we live in Japan which is a non starter..

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Uh, yeah I have heard the laws in Japan are very strict.

Well cutting out the booze wouldn't be a bad thing anyway for some one who has a temper.

Edit I have always wanted to go to Japan
edit on 13-11-2016 by justneo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: justneo
a reply to: Spider879

Uh, yeah I have heard the laws in Japan are very strict.

Well cutting out the booze wouldn't be a bad thing anyway for some one who has a temper.

Edit I have always wanted to go to Japan

Yeah but we would all have to go dry and change our group culture especially on the wkend or just drink at eachother's homes?? buuut!! sigh!
Oh Japan is kool as heck drop by..

edit on 13-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
aw man that sucks!!! i love dispelling tension with humor, you could try to have a funny quip ready to disarm the situation like "what, you think all white people look alike?" or something along those lines. or "here let me sign an autograph" and he uses his hand to look for a pen and then flips the bird... i don't know anything about japanese culture, or if these problems are occurring in bars full of american expats, so i don't know what will work. but if any of your friends is a natural comedian, maybe you can just be ready... or have a list of equally unwholesome celebrities in your mind so you can say, "what a coincidence, i was JUST about to say you look like newt gingrich" or whatever.... if you are quick enough and say it with a big enough genuine-looking smile, you can get away with saying some surprising things.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

also you could come up with a standard line like "trump is the evil twin, this is the good one."

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

oh, you can also make a point of frequenting the same few bars and explaining the situation beforehand to the bartender and bouncers, so they know this might be an issue, and you can sit at tables in back corners away from the full view of the room. and remember, soon trump will be largely out of the news and it will gradually happen less and less all on its own.
edit on 13-11-2016 by anotheramethyst because:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
oops double post
edit on 13-11-2016 by anotheramethyst because: sorry

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
aw man that sucks!!! i love dispelling tension with humor, you could try to have a funny quip ready to disarm the situation like "what, you think all white people look alike?" or something along those lines. or "here let me sign an autograph" and he uses his hand to look for a pen and then flips the bird... i don't know anything about japanese culture, or if these problems are occurring in bars full of american expats, so i don't know what will work. but if any of your friends is a natural comedian, maybe you can just be ready... or have a list of equally unwholesome celebrities in your mind so you can say, "what a coincidence, i was JUST about to say you look like newt gingrich" or whatever.... if you are quick enough and say it with a big enough genuine-looking smile, you can get away with saying some surprising things.

Oh I am a clown, and I do the above often, the problem is it's wearing thin on him, even when he is just going about his business, not to mention his weight and current looks was acquired through illness , we generally hangout in mixed bars etc so he is catching it from all sides.
I can only hope the news will go back to normal as you say, thanks for the suggestions btw.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Probably the least sensible suggestion you will get but it might work:

Can you all dress up as Donald on your night out? Just have a big themed 'Donald' night so the laughs can be had straight away. By the time you all get drunk the novelty should have worn off and other people will be over making their silly remarks.

new topics

top topics

join