It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump team rivalries spark infighting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
From Politico:
www.politico.com...

The bitter infighting that plagued Donald Trump’s campaign during the Republican presidential primary is starting to spill over into his team’s efforts to establish an administration and political operation, according to more than half a dozen sources familiar with the planning efforts.

“It's the same situation as in the primary – everyone has the knives out for each other,” said a Republican operative who worked with the campaign and is now advising people on the transition team.

Not convinced these are signs of good leadership. Not only does he fail in bringing his party together, or his country, but failure even at a team building level.

It's no wonder he wants to shut down the EPA. Toxic atmosphere is his specialty.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
They may be infighting, but so what. They have a couple months to get it together and I sincerely hope he can properly lead. If he fails to at that time I will make threads calling him out.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
They may be infighting, but so what. They have a couple months to get it together and I sincerely hope he can properly lead. If he fails to at that time I will make threads calling him out.

So what?

If he can't even put together a cohesive transition team, that's a failure in leadership from the get go.

He's seriously out of his league already! This will not end well!!
edit on 12-11-2016 by olaru12 because: ^ET%FJJ*

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 11-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Definitely not a healthy kind of environment he fosters...

As people step in line with him, people who previously had profound principled differences, now broken in by Trump... I can't help but be reminded of Walking Dead's Negan and his loyal followers on their knees, under constant fear, and the threat of what will happen if they dare to disobey.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I am no Trump fan. I think that's been made perfectly clear and at some significant length.

However, I do not feel that this infighting issue is really that much of a shocker, or even news worthy. Its sensible to keep up with what positions are occupied by whom, because people need to know who is turning which crank at the top, perfectly reasonable if you ask me.

But this kind of jostling is exactly what folk expected, and many of those who voted for Trump were HOPING to see big shakeups, not just in the Republican Party and the government, but in the opposition party as well. I may have EXTREME reservations about the intention and motivations behind Trumps campaign and eventual election to the Presidency, but I also feel that the moshpit we are seeing now was inevitable.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I totally hear you.
Based on the multitude of threads all about Hillary's health based on a slow-motion reverse video clip... I felt this topic was a step above the norm.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Lol. Are you beginning to notice a pattern of all these defenses for Trump? I mean, when Hillary lies or makes a mistake, off with her head. When Trump lies or makes a mistake, it is good and he didn't mean it. It's like trying to turn a circle upside down.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
From Politico:
www.politico.com...

The bitter infighting that plagued Donald Trump’s campaign during the Republican presidential primary is starting to spill over into his team’s efforts to establish an administration and political operation, according to more than half a dozen sources familiar with the planning efforts.

“It's the same situation as in the primary – everyone has the knives out for each other,” said a Republican operative who worked with the campaign and is now advising people on the transition team.

Not convinced these are signs of good leadership. Not only does he fail in bringing his party together, or his country, but failure even at a team building level.

It's no wonder he wants to shut down the EPA. Toxic atmosphere is his specialty.

Really wow this is a shocker well ok no its not. Every candidate for president has the same problem for 200 years. This is people jockeying for positions in the new administration. And if there wasn't infighting that would be an American first. Do you even have a clue the number of positions Trump has to fill I'm betting you don't. Here is just a list that requires senate approval there are other positions as well.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11/12/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah, I bet it was different when you were president...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
So camp Trump are jostling for position in order to please der fuhrer. Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Every candidate for president has the same problem for 200 years. This is people jockeying for positions in the new administration.

The problem is that the infighting is usually over by election night so that the transition team can go straight to work. Just as importantly, Trump seems to have made no plans to divest himself of his financial assets. This needs to be done before he can get to work "presidenting."

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Chris Christie Carries a lot of " Political Baggage " in ever being considered for an Important Position in deciding how President Elect Trump puts together his Cabinet . He was Wise to give VP Pence that Job .

As for Corey Lewandowski and Reince Priebus , both men seem a Little to Ambitious to be Given Important Roles in a Trump administration IMO , but Mr. Trump seems to want Loyal Men around him , and if he Feels he will get that from those two , who's to Argue with that ? Jared Kushner is Family , and Mr. Trump will Insist he Plays an Important Role for that simple Fact . Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions is being considered for his Experience and Early Backing of Mr. Trump during his Campaign . All in All , I do not see a Problem with Mr. Trump being able to Handle any of those Gentlemen if they get out of Line , they are Underlings to the President , and will be Reminded of that by Mr. Trump if need be .
edit on 12-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yeah pretty pathetic cast of deplorables... Rudy "9/11" Giuliani and Sarah Palin. Bargain Bin. That's the best Trump can do because he's operating a morally bankrupt campaign. Maybe Ann Coulter will get pulled into the mix. All the people you know NOT to trust.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Mr. Trump being able to Handle any of those Gentlemen if they get out of Line , they are Underlings to the President , and will be Reminded of that by Mr. Trump if need be .

That line was great... Can we do it again, this time with a thick German accent?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yeah pretty pathetic cast of deplorables... Rudy "9/11" Giuliani and Sarah Palin. Bargain Bin. That's the best Trump can do because he's operating a morally bankrupt campaign. Maybe Ann Coulter will get pulled into the mix. All the people you know NOT to trust.

The Republican establishment is trying to seed the cabinet with Neo-cons. It's going to be fun watching the country zig-zag.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

D-level integrity with an A-list budget... what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Funny that. If Trump dies from old age or is impeached the neocons are set to take over. They have been given the kingdom.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
They're not the neocons anymore... that was the old trilogy... now they're the alt-right... a few familiar faces with some fresh new talent... same hate-filled, batsh#t ideas.

Anyone else ever put together that this is why Republicans always fight against education?
edit on 12-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Mr. Trump being able to Handle any of those Gentlemen if they get out of Line , they are Underlings to the President , and will be Reminded of that by Mr. Trump if need be .

That line was great... Can we do it again, this time with a thick German accent?

You are just Projecting so much Desperation in trying to Somehow Dis Mr. Trump that I just gotta Laugh at the Sheer Stupidity of the Attempt . Do you even know what a Neo-Con is ? Deny Ignorance is my Only Advice to you Sonny......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join