It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Welsh FA Need To Show Some Backbone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The Football Association of Wales has decided to adhere to F.I.F.A's. doctrine of not allowing the wearing of The Poppy on their strip. The Welsh FA state they couldn't afford to pay either a fine or have a deduction of points.

Meanwhile The English and Scottish FA will go ahead and wear The Poppy and put two fingers up to F.I.F.A.

So as far as The Welsh FA is concerned, they see money or points as being more important than paying tribute to those who gave their lives during past war conflicts.

Disgusting.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 10-11-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You can wear one 24/7 365 days a year if it's really is that important to you. I'm pretty sure the team can manage 90 minutes without one. Once again poppy fascism comes into play.
It's the same #e every year at this time. Remember them yes, but give us all a break from the whinging if some of us chose not to wear one.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
You can wear one 24/7 365 days a year if it's really is that important to you. I'm pretty sure the team can manage 90 minutes without one. Once again poppy fascism comes into play.
It's the same #e every year at this time. Remember them yes, but give us all a break from the whinging if some of us chose not to wear one.

I wonder what you would be saying now if Britain had been defeated in WW II ?

You would probably be saying it in German.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The Football Association of Wales has decided to adhere to F.I.F.A's. doctrine of not allowing the wearing of The Poppy on their strip. The Welsh FA state they couldn't afford to pay either a fine or have a deduction of points.

Meanwhile The English and Scottish FA will go ahead and wear The Poppy and put two fingers up to F.I.F.A.

So as far as The Welsh FA is concerned, they see money or points as being more important than paying tribute to those who gave their lives during past war conflicts.

Disgusting.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Disappointing decision. Would be much better if the associations kept a united front.

Especially as Wales are the best team in GB these days.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Poppy fascism is attempting to force people to wear the Poppy. This should be an individual decision by the players but should be free of any threat of punishment either way.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Bombing for remembrance..

It's no longer about remembering, It's a recruitment drive.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Get em while they are young..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You can get any image you wish.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Sure it would have been good if all the Home Nation FA's showed a united front.....but I can understand the pressure they feel they are under.

I'd be interested to know what the ordinary Welsh people think about it.

I can't see how FIFA can deduct points for wearing a black armband with a poppy on it.
It all seems pretty petty to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'd be interested to know what the ordinary Welsh people think about it.

Well here is one Welshman who wears his poppy with pride.

new topics

top topics

join