It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Keys anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So my mom and I are going down to the keys mid/end of march...

Who's been, what's best, and are prices reasonable?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The Keys make for an excellent trip! It is expensive though....

Some things to do:
(1) Go to the sunset celebration...everyday at sunset on the docks there's a whole slew of people doing some crazy ass # that will keep you almost as entertained as the beautiful sky...

(2) On the way to the keys...YOU HAVE TO STOP AT BAHIA HONDA STATE PARK...Beautiful place!! www.floridastateparks.org...

(3) Of course there's the Hemingway house in Key West (The rest of the keys really are great, but you'd have the most fun spending 90% of your time in Key West....)

(4) I don't know where you plan on staying...but let me suggest the Crowne Plaza La Concha - Great service, nice rooms, beautiful view from the open air bar on the top!

(5) Alonzo's Oyster Bar is pretty damn good....and for Christ's sake...buy some raw oysters - lol....and you can't go to Key Wesy without brining back a Hog's Breath Saloon shirt....just wouldn't be right....hehe

(6) If you're a chili head, you HAVE to stop by Peppers of Key West!! That's where I got my Dave's Insanity Special Edition! Mwa ha ha!

(7) Of course, who could neglect their head shops.....

(8) And no trip to Key West is complete without a trip to the....

Lots of other stuff to do and see...I've barely even mentioned half of everything....Although the keys are expensive, you can catch a lot of great deals!

*Take note here* There's a store not far down the road (Duval ST) from the La Concha that's like this "Earthen" store - they sale incense, masks, hand-carved wood, beads, etc....They have some really great deals....good place to stop for souvenirs....

Hope that helps you out some TL

[edit on 1/25/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Enron hit a lot of the high points for The Keys. My idea of a vacation is basically doing nothing, though. Key West is a little too hoppin' for me.
I love Islamorada. The prices there are reasonable and the fishing is amazing. If you have the $$ for a deepsea fishing trip seek out Capt. Alex of the Kalex. He has always taken us on wonderful outings. My favorite restaurant is The Lorelei. The food is great, the atmosphere is perfect, and the will cook your catch if you go reef fishing or something.

John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo has tons of stuff to do and affordable camping. Their snorkeling tours rock.

Man, this is making me miss the place.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Don't forget to pack me!

I need a vacation so bad
I'm so far short of one...... this isn't fun anymore... DARN YOU TRUELIES!!! I THOUGHT IT WAS YOU WHO I ADOPTED SO TAKE ME TOOOOOOOO!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Do you mean Milton Keys???

Oh wait thats Milton Keynes :bnghd::bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join