It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Should No Longer Be Allowed To Vote

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is something people need to understand, of the thousands of years that democracy has existed, it has failed.

Let's take a look at this years election, we have two likely scenarios,

Scenario A: Hillary Clinton is elected president. It is announced that the elections were so close to going to the other candidate, the guy that would have destroyed the world if us stupid Americans would have elected him, that we can no longer be trusted with democracy on any level.

Scenario B: Donald Trump is elected president. It is announced that the elections were so close to going to the other candidate, the one that would sell America down the river because us stupid Americans were so close to electing, democracy has to be outlawed to prevent the destruction of our nation.

This is not something to consider lightly, we need to consider the possibility that the 17th amendment is bad for America. There was a reason our system was created the way it was, and we are seeing the slow progression of democracy and the multiplying of stupid people taking its' toll on America.

The amendment supersedes Article I, §3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures.

Wikipedia

Got to love the year 1913, the year the evil Federal Reserve was created, and the year we began to elect Senators.

I want everyone to consider the level of technology we have today. Social media has not become the death-knell of the MSM, social media are not some anti-status quo perspective, or non-biased voice of reason. The fringe views are always ignored, the more rational perspectives are not as interesting to read or watch.

Now I want people to consider this:

You Now Have a Shorter Attention Span Than a Goldfish

The explanations are due to the age of the internet/iphone. By itself, does not seem too terrible, so we aren't as focused... but...

"The study by the new McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum found that 22 percent of Americans could name all five Simpson family members, compared with just 1 in 1,000 people who could name all five First Amendment freedoms."

Alternet

I was a little surprised that, while not good, there is one in every thousand. I did find a Jefferson quote from the above article interesting.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." -- Thomas Jefferson

I guess it's not a matter of whether Americans Should be allowed to vote, if every aspect of the elections are controlled and the general public are unaware, it will placate them. However, people are voting for free stuff, once that happens it's game over, our days of living under a free and open society are gone.

This election has been the curtain pull, anyone with a modicum of intelligence understands this. We have long grown past living under a federal constitutional republic or as the liberals like to call it 'democratic republic'. No, America became the sole superpower since WWII and the collapse of the Soviet Union, America has become an empire, the American Empire; and empires require emperors to rule.

In December, MIT Professor Jonathan Gruber, one of the architects of the Affordable Care Act, had to explain to Congress several remarks he had made about the “stupidity of the American voter,” as he put it in one speech. Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh frequently uses the more diplomatic phrase “low-information voter” to explain why bad policies or incompetent politicians succeed. And numerous polls of respondents’ knowledge of history and current events repeatedly imply the same conclusion––that the American people are not informed or smart enough for democracy.

This bipartisan disdain for the masses has been a constant theme of political philosophy for over 2,500 years. From the beginnings of popular rule in ancient Athens, the competence of the average person to manage the state has been called into question by critics of democracy. Lacking the innate intelligence or the acquired learning necessary for dispassionately judging policy, the masses instead are driven by their passions or private short-term interests.

Source

Interesting article, posted on my birthday so it has special meaning. I am amazed, at how history does repeat itself, it is almost uncanny like time is cyclical.

I just want to end this with a little splash of ancient and some colonial history, Athens and 'the Thirty', democracy at it's finest:

The Council was modified in a way that allowed only the election of oligarchs. Furthermore, its former importance as the coordinator of the administrative machinery of Athens ceased. The real power of decision making was in the hands of the Thirty.

dc.ewu.edu...

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic. -- Benjamin Franklin

I truly believe that Americans cannot be trusted to vote any longer, given the two front-runners we have on the eve before election night. Too many stupid people, that will make political decisions that are not based on any critical thought, but by the commands of whichever corporate media they enjoy.

Sometimes, a nation needs a benevolent dictator to ensure longevity and prosperity. Rome lasted another 1,000 years because of it, and so will we.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well won't Hillary Clinton and the Democrats just love you! They agree. Right after you put her in office, there is no more need to vote. They can just carry on with selecting our betters to lead us.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's pragmatism, there is no love in this, it's about survival.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I believe there needs to be a basic test to vote. We make immigrants take a test to become citizens. I think voters should be required to pass the same test to vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Without election season thered be no entertainment .

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I believe there needs to be a basic test to vote. We make immigrants take a test to become citizens. I think voters should be required to pass the same test to vote.

I'm not opposed, but I think we are a little late for that, the repercussions of barring over 90% of current voters would be disastrous.

Think of it this way, both sides at one point or another have claimed 'the election are rigged'. What does that really mean? It means that we only have an illusion that we are making political decisions. Consider this, if people realize the elections are 'rigged', we revolt; if the illusion of making those decisions is taken away, we revolt; and if we actually get to make those decisions, our nation collapses.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
With corruption so wide-spread and unfettered in the government, it is beyond curing.

Where are the restore-disks to reset this mess to the factory defaults?

We are headed in a direction of lawless slavery.

Now that Justice is dead, we are left with only an illusion of control, and an illusion of participation.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Without election season thered be no entertainment .

True, and at its' core, that is all it is.

Bread and circus for the plebs.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

It's called an EMP. Life without instant communication would change lots of things...quickly.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You said it best... 1913 was the doom of America. The Rothchild rule over America's so called government bank goes into effect and America is owned from there on. This creates a system of which a democracy is not actually in use then... one of which is politically ran through a course of democratic government, yet runs its finances through a private sector that is masked as a government entity.

So how are the public too stupid or are they to vote properly when the systems being used can't even be publicly acknowledged?

We must keep in mind that the majority of voters also ask their doctors if the pills on TV are right for them too. So, the bulk of American society isn't even their true self's as the public perceives them to be since they are high... quite fitting our government operates in a seemingly sedated state of mind as well. That should be our new motto: America is quite high on themselves.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Once we did. It was called 9th grade Civics, and it was a mandatory course that a passing grade was needed to graduate high school. But that was back before the feds decided to bribe states with federal funds only if those states adopted Dept. of Education mandates.
edit on 7-11-2016 by EightAhoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I don't believe Americans have voted in years.

First of all, the Electoral college does.

Second, the media reports the numbers, and they aren't exactly know to be honest, or non-biased.

They also control who we see, who gets coverage and attention, who even gets the spotlight so we know they exist.

Social media, online advertising etc, MIGHT make the next election a tough one for MSM to screw up for us.....hopefully.

Then again, maybe not. Everyone all over the web could be screaming for one or two people, while the media would present us with statistics showing us how another Bush or Clinton or Goldman Sachs exec is getting all the love.

edit on 7-11-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Indeed. I've been a supporter of mandating passing a general civics test (akin to the one we give immigrants) before voter registration can be rubber stamped. I'd rather see it as a graduation requirement for high schoolers, but people would bitch. Fekk civics, gotta focus on the STEM.

So many people have no idea about even the most basic government processes, and even word definitions, that it's almost offensive -- but it's really mostly pathetically sad. We ain't much of a country anymore under the surface.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Survival? Is that what you call it?

You want to do away with voting 'cause you, along with many others, are too lazy to do the necessary work to make it go.

OK.

Crawl into your little cave if you must, meanwhile some of us will continue to try and fix what needs fixin'. You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Cygnis

It's called an EMP. Life without instant communication would change lots of things...quickly.

I am rather fond of my insulin pump, and pacemakers.

An EMP would be insane. Would make instant chaos, and anarchy.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The solution is written in the Declaration of Independence and the tool to implement the solution is in the bill of rights. Sometimes governments need a little violence inflicted upon them to remind them who they work for. Once the electorate realizes no matter which they vote they will continue to get screwed by the government and the corporate elite that own them they will wake up. Unfortunately it will take time and many more abuses before that comes. Until then the blinders will stay on and things will continue on the path that has been set for now.

Think of corruption in government as weeds. Think of America as a beautiful yard. When you first mow your yard and spray weed killer there are no weeds. Slowly over time weeds begin to grow, at first it's only a few and so the owner of the yard pays no heed to them. Over time the weeds slowly take over the yard and start choking out the beautiful grass. The owner of the yard is lazy though and let's it go on for awhile. Eventually he will miss seeing his beautiful lawn and mow the lawn again.

It's about time to mow the lawn folks.
edit on 7-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You're leaving out the whole electioneering part (not to mention the interlocking social engineering) where the whole oligarch's scewed system mandates us these damn 2 parties and mould's the entire ordeal from start to finish, top to bottom, inside and out. .

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Indeed. I've been a supporter of mandating passing a general civics test (akin to the one we give immigrants) before voter registration can be rubber stamped. I'd rather see it as a graduation requirement for high schoolers, but people would bitch. Fekk civics, gotta focus on the STEM.

So many people have no idea about even the most basic government processes, and even word definitions, that it's almost offensive -- but it's really mostly pathetically sad. We ain't much of a country anymore under the surface.

Just imagine all the people who come here, undocumented.. Added into the piles of clueless people who vote..

No wonder the democrats keep winning stuff, all they have to do is promise amnesty, and more free handouts and the clueless eat it like.....

Cake.....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are a lot of stupid voters.

How many voters living in a red state are going to vote for Clinton how many in a blue state are going to vote Trump?

How many of those come next election are going to complain about the two party system?

Probably a lot and they are all political idiots.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You put forward an interesting argument. Assuming you're arguing that some sort of oligarchy would lead to a better life for everyone, or at least most, I'd ask, what qualifies the theoretical oligarchy to rule? If we're going to establish some sort of legal criteria for inclusion in the Oligarchy, why not just establish one for candidates instead?

So I guess I'm saying, why not tests for the candidates for elected office rather than the voters? Why not a more stringent criteria for being eligible to run for office?

None of the above is anything I'm dogmatic about or advocating, just throwing it out there so to speak.

edit on 7-11-2016 by imwilliam because: spellin

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join