It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Turnout Of Hispanic Voters Looks LIke They May Cause A Landslide Win For Clinton

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

As we get closer to election day I find myself getting more and more excited for the results. My stomach is churning and my anticipation is mounting.

It's good to know you're looking forward to having a career criminal in the White House.

No matter which one wins it is a given that they will be a criminal.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: UKTruth
Hate to burst your bubble, but no, that is not what bias means. It would only be bias if it was unfair and personal opinion influenced my judgement.

No, it could be fair and still be a bias.

And if you expect us to believe that personal opinion didn't go into it then, that would be another, no

Ah so now we're on to your belief. Fair AND bias? /confusing
I'll write to the Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries to give them your updates

en.oxforddictionaries.com...
dictionary.cambridge.org...
edit on 7/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Ah so now we're on to your belief...

My belief?

Verb 1. "Cause to feel or show inclination or prejudice for or against someone or something."

To be for or against something. In other words to feel something is good or bad.

Save your stamp.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's not the only source Trump has used (by a long way).

That's the one and only he cited when asked about it in that interview. If you know of others he's said he's using then share if you will.

Is there a problem or not?

The problem being that the immigrants are rapists as Trump argued? I haven't seen compelling evidence to support that.

Or that the Mexican government is intentionally sending the worst of the worst over to the USA because they don't want to deal/pay for them? As Trump has argued. I haven't seen compelling evidence to support that yet.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Ah so now we're on to your belief...

My belief?

Verb 1. "Cause to feel or show inclination or prejudice for or against someone or something."

To be for or against something. In other words to feel something is good or bad.

Save your stamp.

BIAS:
Cambridge:
the action of supporting or opposing a particular person or thing in an unfair way, because of allowing personal opinions to influence your judgment:
Oxford:
Inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

BIASED:
Cambridge: showing an unreasonable like or dislike for a person based on personal opinions
dictionary.cambridge.org...
Oxford : Unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something.
en.oxforddictionaries.com...

I'll let you pay for the post.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Claiming you'll get something you're not going to might be good political rhetoric but it's still dishonest. I'm not a fan of hyperbole, because it blinds people to reality.

Unfortunately, politics is more about fantasy than reality.

That from the candidate who also said "I will never lie to you". I actually hold him to that. Getting the Latino vote was a lie. Releasing his taxes was a lie. And I could continue.

edit on 7-11-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just wanted to jump in here. One of my closest and best friends is a Cuban defector who came here 20 years ago -- he is married to a woman of Mexican ancestry who speaks no Spanish at all and is a master's level ICU nurse.

HE DESPISES TRUMP, and so does she. So - it's a lie that Cubans won't vote for Hillary. An absolute load of stinking runny slimy CRAP right out of a craphole.

My town is very heavily populated with Spanish-speaking persons from all "Hispanic" countries, and there is not ONE "trump" sign in any yard. We all get along.

My town also has a high percentage of black people --- not ONE "trump" sign to be found. ALSO - I am bilingual, and know how to talk to these people. They do NOT WANT TRUMP.

My town is also populated by white people - some professionals, some working-class, some business owners.

My town also has Asian people! And we all get along!

AND WE DIDN'T HAVE RIOTS after Ferguson. We haven't had any trouble at all. And that is how it will continue, unless the Trump butthurt losers decide to start a civil war.

Stupid "wall" is stupid. I know Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto-Ricans, Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, etc. They are hard working people. They don't want TRUMP.

get a grip people.

@OP: S/F and thank you.

edit on 11/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: NAUSEATING

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I quoted from the oxford link. You do realize that "you" can't be a bias?

You being biased is a verb, which is what I quoted.

I'm not paying for that nonsense.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Imagine a

Cuban defector who came here 20 years ago
(aka a known enemy of the state), voting Hillary.

I'm not for either candidate, but I couldn't let the irony of that go by unnoticed.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I am bilingual, and know how to talk to these people.

Don't let Trump know you speak 'Mexican' in his America!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Humm I latina, my friends are latinos, I know a lot of latinos, yes the ones that came legally and spend money getting their citizenships, they work pay taxes and receive no benefits from the government, we have not voted yet, I wonder which latinos are the ones voting, yeah, probably the ones that needs Hillary to keep getting welfare.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yeah as long as the number of votes cast don't exceed the number of registered voters

No worries. In the past several decades, only around 50% of those registered to vote actually voted.. Still to tip that, you'd have to have around 20 million fake votes given that the number of voters who actually go to the polls is around 132 million.

Now, what I can see is 20 million American citizens who are members of the minority groups and American women showing up at the polls in more numbers than they have before. Neither of these groups favors Trump though each group has some members who will vote for him.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I quoted from the oxford link. You do realize that "you" can't be a bias?

You being biased is a verb, which is what I quoted.

I'm not paying for that nonsense.

I provided the links.
you describing me being biased is an adjective in this case.

Freepost please (and I will be charging you for English lessons soon)

edit on 7/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Right?

ANd I learned it in PUBLIC SCHOOLS!!! ACK!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Humm I latina, my friends are latinos, I know a lot of latinos, yes the ones that came legally and spend money getting their citizenships, they work pay taxes and receive no benefits from the government, we have not voted yet, I wonder which latinos are the ones voting, yeah, probably the ones that needs Hillary to keep getting welfare.

And how many Latinos do you know who are on welfare?

I used to work with the Housing Department (as a computer geek) and saw who came in. Generally it was Whites (mostly) with some working poor Blacks. Hispanics tended to help each other instead of going on welfare.

Here in Texas, very few of the Latinos like the talk about a "border wall" and "stop and frisk" - two of Trump's proposals.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Right?

ANd I learned it in PUBLIC SCHOOLS!!! ACK!!!

My bad Spanish is better than HIS bad Spanish!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
Imagine a

Cuban defector who came here 20 years ago
(aka a known enemy of the state), voting Hillary.

I'm not for either candidate, but I couldn't let the irony of that go by unnoticed.

Yes, you could have.
But you didn't. Which makes you part of the bloody effing problem. If a Cuban came here to escape, and now he sees Trump as a fascist pig - that makes him SMART.

You all keep trying to say liberals are commies - and you keep looking utterly stupid. Keep it up. As if you can help it.
Be stupid and ignorant. Cause division and anger. Do not....

DO NOT -- under any circumstances!!!!! -- LEARN SOMETHING.

bloody peasants.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Couple of quick points.

A lot of hispanics voting does not mean they are all voting for Clinton.
LA Times currently has Clinton 47-44 vs. Trump with the Latino vote.

Unanticipated, record turnout of a voting block that favors Clinton (even if it's only by 3 points) isn't going to do anything good for Trump.
edit on 7-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
]originally posted by: Byrd

My bad Spanish is better than HIS bad Spanish!

You really just said this? Really?

Actually, I have a degree in Spanish language, literature and culture. I have worked teaching spanish to americans, and teaching parenting to new parents who speak spanish....so shove it. You have no bleeping idea what you are talking about.

How utterly unbecoming of a mod.

edit on 11/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: formatting. But I'm really pissed now. Really pissed.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Here in Texas

here in austin you mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join