It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Antonio cop fired for attempting to feed fecal sandwich to homeless person

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is out right disturbing. Confirmed, a San Antonio Cop has been fired for trying to feed a homeless person a poop sandwich. Officer Matthew Luckhurst, a 5 year veteran of the force bragged to a fellow officer that he “he had picked up some feces, placed it in a slice of bread, and put it in a Styrofoam container next to the unknown homeless male”.

“This was a vile and disgusting act that violates our guiding principles of ‘treating all with integrity, compassion, fairness and respect,’ Chief William McManus said in a prepared statement. “The fact that his fellow officers were so disgusted with his actions that they reported him to Internal Affairs demonstrates that this type of behavior will never be tolerated. The action of this one former officer in no way reflects the actions of all the other good men and women who respectfully serve this community.”

The Mayor added:

“Firing this officer was the right thing to do,” Mayor Ivy Taylor said in a statement to the San Antonio Express-News. “His actions were a betrayal of every value we have in our community, and he is not representative of our great police force.”

Read more of the stinky details

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Wow.

Firing this officer was the right thing to do

No sh*t.

Hopefully he can't find work and ends up homeless. Let irony prevail.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
He was only fired?

Anyone else would face some sort of charge for that...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
He was only fired?

What charge would that be? Stick with the facts as we know them. Man puts poop sandwich in styrofoam box next to another man. That's it. What law or statute did he violate? Not saying there isn't one. Just want to know what it is.

(post by LifeMode removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That's Against the Law for Cops to do that , Right ? Only Politicians are Allowed to Feed the Public Crap Sandwiches , I am Pretty Sure it is Somewhere in the Constitution ........

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

He was only fired?

What charge would that be? Stick with the facts as we know them. Man puts poop sandwich in styrofoam box next to another man. That's it. What law or statute did he violate? Not saying there isn't one. Just want to know what it is.

Sounds like Intent for a whole smorgasbord of crimes to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

He was only fired?

What crimes? If you were a prosecutor, what would you charge him with? Not that it is acceptable. It clearly sucks and he deserved to be fired.
edit on 11/5/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran
Right, if a citizen has put sh@t in a cops sandwich theyd probably trump up chemical-warfare-terrorism-attempted murder.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
SOUNDS like a buddy whoopin in need to me, then a BOOT off the force...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

He was only fired?

What crimes? If you were a prosecutor, what would you charge him with? Not that it is acceptable. It clearly sucks and he deserved to be fired.

If I was an average citizen and rubbed some of my poo on a cops face?????? What crimes do you think I would be charged with? GTFOOH, there is damn sure a crime or two involved with this type of sick behavior!
edit on 5-11-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

He was only fired?

Harassment charges would stick.

There's a lady in Iowa facing criminal charges for sending cow manure to her neighbors in the mail because they complained about her dogs so I would think this could be just as bad. No?

www.upi.com...

edit on 11/5/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: Tjoran
Right, if a citizen has put sh@t in a cops sandwich theyd probably trump up chemical-warfare-terrorism-attempted murder.

Except it wasn't "the guy's" sandwich. The cop put it down beside him. Do you seriously think a prosecutor would file "chemical-warfare-terrorism-attempted murder" charges? Of course not. There's no such thing, as we all know. You're just blowing smoke and amusing yourself (and others.)

Now, what would a REAL prosecutor charge the cop with? What could he obtain a conviction for?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Now, what would a REAL prosecutor charge the cop with? What could he obtain a conviction for?

As stated above.......Harassment.

edit on 11/5/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

McDonald's should be held liable too. All they do is serve fecal sandwiches.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

What charge would that be

You could start with attempted poisoning.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

This damned fool has put every Officer on the SAPD at risk because of this.
I hope they get accustomed to bring their lunch and coffee from home, because they'll sure as hell won't be able buy anything while in uniform for months to come.
What a foxtrotting idiot.
As C7 says, back in the ole school days this would have been settled quickly and quietly in ally somewhere out sight.
Justice behind the blue line went both ways back in the day.

Buck
K-Side O.G.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

He was only fired?

I was curious too so I looked it up. It would fall under criminal harassment

Harassment is a misdemeanor offense in which one person is accused of purposely annoying another person

Harassment is a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by not more than 180 days in a county jail and/or a fine of not more than $2,000.

source

This guy should get all 180 days.
edit on 5-11-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Got a BUDDY nick name of"Boudreaux" I served with as a blues scout down your way.
HE WOULD deal with that ...differently ,I'M sure...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: schuyler

What charge would that be

You could start with attempted poisoning.

But would a prosecutor? You'd have to prove intent. And it's not as if it was strychnine. The same with harassment. Both would be a long shot. Prosecutors usually win on the surface. In Jury trials worldwide the conviction rate is about 75%. That's if it goes to a jury trial. Bench trials have a conviction rate of 81%. But a whole lot of accusations never go to trial. They're pled down or dismissed. Why? Because of lack of evidence of a crime committed. 25% are simply dismissed by a judge. Here you want to convict a cop of what a lot of people would consider a very sick joke, but not a 'crime,' per se. And after all, the creep lost his job. No prosecutor would pursue this case because they would never get a conviction, ATS sentiment notwithstanding. It's not worth their time when they have felony charges outstanding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join