It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semantic Hemlock

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Greetings dfnj2015. (Dude From New Jersey 2015?)
Howz aboutz a real life story of a thought that drove a man insane?
Yeah: this is what you were looking for:

Robert Pirsig: A college teacher whom became obsessed with the the question of Quality. What is/defines Quality?
His thoughts brought him into deep recesses of his mind, to places where his physical body lost pertinence. He sat in deep contemplation, while lit cigarettes would burn down to his flesh without a reaction, and his body just urinated in place as the need arose. His poor wife was torn-apart, and resigned to having him committed. He was lobotomized, and all of those thoughts and memories were lost. A big reset.

From the same physical body, a new man emerged. And he shared his story for all to ponder.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Ummm...I said to not think...Which does not involve oddly enough...awareness...or rather a hyper-alert zen...

Not thinking doesn't negate the autonomous...nor does it preclude mental states not thought requisite...

It's the isolation chamber...internalized...

Your other premise is a mistake...

Cease...doing it...only...BE it...Own it...

Own all of your aspects of self...Why allow anything other than what you...consciously...choose to exhibit as your persona...be your representation...your Avatar so to speak...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The idea of a thought virus IS a thought virus. Sorry, it had to be done. You are now infected. Try as you will but you mind is forever altered. The idea of a thought virus is now a permanent part of your mind. Thought virus is the herpes of thought.

This reminded me of the most famous and perhaps oldest thought virus there is: The Game. Ever heard of it? It goes like this:

Congratulations! You are now playing the game (if you weren't already). The Game is very simple:
1. You are always playing the game.
2. You cannot win. You can only lose.
3. You lose whenever you remember the game.
4. Whenever you remember the game, you have to announce out loud "I lose".
5. After you lose, you have 30 minutes during which you can remember the game without losing.
6. As soon as you mention the game to anyone, they begin playing as well.
7. The goal of the game is to have everyone on Earth playing.

Yeah, I know. I LOSE!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Greetings dfnj2015. (Dude From New Jersey 2015?)
Howz aboutz a real life story of a thought that drove a man insane?
Yeah: this is what you were looking for:

Robert Pirsig: A college teacher whom became obsessed with the the question of Quality. What is/defines Quality?
His thoughts brought him into deep recesses of his mind, to places where his physical body lost pertinence. He sat in deep contemplation, while lit cigarettes would burn down to his flesh without a reaction, and his body just urinated in place as the need arose. His poor wife was torn-apart, and resigned to having him committed. He was lobotomized, and all of those thoughts and memories were lost. A big reset.

From the same physical body, a new man emerged. And he shared his story for all to ponder.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Well, I haven't got to the point where I just urinate on myself. I guess that is coming. I don't know why but your post made me thing of something I came up with when I was in my 20s:

It's the brief moments of sanity that keep driving me insane.

My favorite part of his books is when he puts the motorcycle back together and realizes he forgot to put back one of the engine parts that was deep inside the engine. I love that part.
edit on 5-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join