It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Trump Wall' triggers pro-Hillary students at Penn State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

A pro-Trump rally at Penn State University went south when counter-protesters harassed their Trump-supporting classmates and vandalized their campaign signs. The school’s “Bull Moose Party” student group held a pro-Trump demonstration on campus Tuesday, during which members built a wall around a flagpole to express their support for the candidate, but several counter-protesters showed up to disrupt the event, calling Trump “a rapist” and mocking their peers for supporting his presidential bid.

www.campusreform.org...

yep, they were "triggered".

If this wasn't such a true indication of the SJW movement, it would be sad. But these kids, and some adults too, buy into the political banter so much that violence seems like an acceptable avenue. They actively tried to stifle this groups freedom of speech and expression. For the record, it's not OK to do this, no matter what the case. Just like with Westboro Baptist Church. Their message isn't liked, and they look and sound like idiots, but they have the right to do just that.

If you are a young SJW with a red face and bulging veins just waiting to type something angry about this, stop, run to the mirror, and look at it real quick. LOL, yea, we think you look a bit silly as well. Now calm down, and express yourself with some dignity and restraint. Don't let things like this "trigger" you.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Welcome to the world of cultural Marxism and it's dangerous effects on Western civilization!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Glad to say not all college students are like this. A college student approached me the other day about my Trump support. Went on to talk about political issues from gay marriage, immigration, Black Lives Matter, media bias and etc. This student said they had voted for Clinton(I believe he mentioned an absentee ballot for that). This conversation went on for 20 or 30 minutes. I'm not often approached by people for political discussion, let alone by a college student, but I'm glad to see that there are sensible ones. I primarily live in a town that is half college students and half permanent residents.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

edit on Wed Nov 2 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wait until they start paying taxes for all that open immigration! And people pay to go there? Unless there illegals, then there is government programs

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just what Penn State needs. On top of senseless riots, pedophilia, and cover-ups, now we've got students vandalizing their peers' political signs.

As an alum, I remember there were always clashes between the left and the right on campus. Religious debates, anti-abortion/pro-abortion protests, and marijuana legalization were always hotly debated right out in public there.

You've got tons of staunch conservatives from places like Lancaster—Mennonites and Pennsylvania Dutch studying agriculture and then you also have progressives from Philly and Pittsburgh studying liberal arts and everything in between all mixing together there.

But yes, I agree with the OP. As strong as your political leanings may be, you're in the wrong if you're trying to censor someone else's viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm confused - and let it be known, I despise Hillary, to the point I'm considering voting for Trump rather than abstaining, but how does students counter-protesting correlate to being "triggered?"

Are you saying their reactions weren't by choice, but rather were an automatic, uncontrollable reaction? It seems as though anytime someone on the so-called "Left" does or says anything these days, the faint of heart get all offended and start referring to these uncontrollable "triggered" reactions. Is it a coping mechanism because of a belief that people can't make conscious decisions which disagree with theirs? I just don't get it at all.

Am I considered "triggered" because I'm baffled by why this would be considered "triggered?"

ETA: I didn't realize there was violence involved. I still don't think "triggered" is the right term. IMO it sounds like it's excusing "by choice" bad behavior.
edit on 11/2/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh look another thread where a conservative poster trips over himself to insult liberals and the social justice movement by identifying a few people who act out in that movement. Haven't seen one of these before...

If the thread just before mine hadn't just been posted, I might feel a bit bad, but since this all makes me smile, I think I'll be OK. I hope you aren't angry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-11-2016 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

triggered, is a word describing the way SJW's snap when something angers them and they spring to action. Like in this case. It's in the article headline, so if my description isn't cutting it, perhaps you could contact the article writer?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I get that, but I just feel like the way it's bandied about tends to diminish really inappropriate behavior into what sounds more like name calling, and makes those using the term sound exactly like the "offended snowflakes" they're often calling out.

I guess I've just had my overfill of the term and would rather they be called "violent scumbag psychpaths" or something of the sort.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The future of our country right here, it'll be even worse in Shillary gets elected, whiny sjw's hunting for safe spaces everywhere.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's weird that I haven't posted in that thread at all? Or is the act of ignoring something showing my support for the thread topic now?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The little 'thug' destroying private property should be arrested. LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I get that, but I just feel like the way it's bandied about tends to diminish really inappropriate behavior into what sounds more like name calling, and makes those using the term sound exactly like the "offended snowflakes" they're often calling out.

I guess I've just had my overfill of the term and would rather they be called "violent scumbag psychpaths" or something of the sort.

In all honesty, I use that term because it irritates the SJWs. I'm just an ass.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Weird that you missed the, what I thought anyway, obvious sarcasm that it's strange you have no problem pissing on a conservative for posting something you don't like but can't be bothered to condemn it when it runs the other direction.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Wow that's two posts where I'm being implicated in a thread that I haven't posted in. I guess ATS posting standards have really dropped lately...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I didn't miss it. I ignored it. Hence me saying I'm ignoring it to you.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wow that's two posts where I'm being implicated in a thread that I haven't posted in. I guess ATS posting standards have really dropped lately...

I'm sure it's not the manufactured outrage or the glaring double standard.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ohhh okay. Ignore it when it's the left, rant when it's the right.

Sounds about right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join