It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If john titor "time travel" was real.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I once did a reading with a Psychic friend of mine regarding John Titor and she said the guy was nothing more than an attention seeker and she doesn't know who John Titor was. All I did is mentioned John Titor and that he was a time traveler and she just sensed he's a fake.

As for me there are massive evidence proving John Titor was a hoaxer. You just need to read between the lines on many of his posts.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I listened to a C2C interview a few weeks ago of the apparent "real" john titor (apparently the first one was a hoaxer according to this guy). He gave the usual BS predictions - Humanity is doomed unless we come together and change our ways, blah blah blah, I can't tell you anything specific about the future because it might mess up the timeline.... Really, I still don't see how rational people still fall for this.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
I listened to a C2C interview a few weeks ago of the apparent "real" john titor (apparently the first one was a hoaxer according to this guy). He gave the usual BS predictions - Humanity is doomed unless we come together and change our ways, blah blah blah, I can't tell you anything specific about the future because it might mess up the timeline.... Really, I still don't see how rational people still fall for this.

I never said this was real. It was just entertaining the idea of time travel and multiverse theory. Its an interesting story notice how i said "IF" and not, This is a totally true story.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Titor stuff sure is fascinating regardless. Here is the thread to go with the link FlyonTheWall posted if anyone is interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-10-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have a lot of time for John Titor.

There are so many possible explanations but hoax is top of the list.

The bending laser was a fishing rod. He lied about his mission. Linux code horse#.

Deliberately posting on the net on an unauthorised temporal stopover.

The whole thing has bull# written all over it. Seems like the whole thing is designed to discredit and ridicule that one incriminating photograph of a genuine 2030's Genaral Electric' tempoaral diplacement module (TDM) that Titor posted.

I think this thing if it exists was based on WW2 Nazi tech. The nazi TDM was originally some kind of chair you could only go forward in time with. No way to get back.

My understanding is backward time travel is either impossible or forbidden by the ones that are really in charge around here.

edit on 30-10-2016 by angus1745 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Regardless of what John Titor said is real or not, quotes from the wiki pages:

"The most immediate of Titor's predictions was of an upcoming civil war in the United States having to do with "order and rights".[9] He described it as beginning in 2004,[10] with civil unrest surrounding the presidential election of that year. This civil conflict that he characterized as "having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse"[10] would be "pretty much at everyone's doorstep"[9] and erupt by 2008.

As a result of the war, the United States would split into five regions based on various factors and differing military objectives. This civil war, according to Titor, would end in 2015 with a brief but intense World War III.

Titor refers to the exchange as "N Day". Washington, D.C. and Jacksonville, Florida are specifically mentioned as being hit. After the war, Omaha, Nebraska would be the new U.S. capital. Titor was vague as to the exact motivations and causes for World War III. At one point, he characterized the hostilities as being led by "border clashes and overpopulation".[11] He also pointed to contemporary conflict between Arabs and Israel as not a cause, but rather a milestone that precedes a World War III." John Titor

Civil unrest around presedential election? A waco type of event every month? Conflict between Arabs and Isreal a milestone preceding WW3?

Definitely reading more

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
Really, I still don't see how rational people still fall for this.

Rational people don't. It does make for some mildly interesting sci-fi though.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

First of all, I should state that I have about as much belief in Titor or his pronouncements, as I do in the existence of a species entirely and exclusively constructed of candyfloss and discarded prophylactics.

However, to state such without giving my reasons would be idiotic and incomplete, and so an explanation follows:

When a person makes a statement under most circumstances, it can be viewed through various filters, lenses of thought if you will.

The primary focusing array of truth, in my opinion anyway, is science. Although I am a man of faith myself, for matters pertaining to the physical universe and what can and cannot occur within it, science is the flashlight with which I tend to illuminate the dusty basement of possibility, so as not to stumble into the cobweb of nonsense, or get a foot stuck in the rat trap of the illogical.

When one examines Titor's claims with a scientific mind, several issues come to light. First of all, are the laws of physics, and his claim that his machine, for all that it is tiny and insignificant in size, can draw down enough power to alter the nature of space and time to such a degree, that it becomes porous, or that this effect can be controlled in any way with the apparatus as suggested, having as it does, no obvious counter, display or other visualisation interface mechanism. For example, if I want to go back twenty seconds in a video on a computer, I can use the slider at the bottom to skip forward or backward a precise amount. Some systems even allow one to type in the exact second and minute that one wants to view from. His device appears not to have that level of control, or anything remotely similar thereto.

So to get into the physics just a little... Bent space is not uncommon. All matter having any kind of mass apportioned to it, bends space time, from the smallest of things, to the very largest. It has been suggested at times and by various people, that simply to move in space time at light speed, would require as much energy as exists in the universe in the first place, or some obscene amount at any rate.

The energy requirements to poke a hole in the fabric of space and time, and pop out the other side of that gap intact therefore, would have to be UTTERLY ridiculous, because this is not just moving a physical object we are talking about, but actually punching a hole in the fabric of space and time, connecting that hole to another location on the timeline, punching another hole there, and keeping it stable enough to actually move through. There simply is not the energy required to produce this effect, and furthermore, no advance in technology will improve upon that scenario, because there are only finite resources of energy in the universe with which to work the effect, and those resources are not enough.

So that is one matter (hehe) out of the way.

Then you have the narrative. Lets ignore the idea that a man used an impossibly small device to produce an effect that in all probability requires more energy to make it work than the universe contains...

When one tells a lie, there are quite a few ways to make it believable. One of the ways to do this, is to make being proven honest, reliant on information which is not, or cannot be known by laypersons. For example, if I tell you that I am from a dimension in which everyone speaks in only the finest English, the human race is spread across the entire galaxy already and in which we are feared by all other galactic communities, BUT that proving it would require this dimensions humans to have developed technology which does not yet exist, in order to examine the universe for evidence of the transit point between my original reality and this one, I can at least fool the unwary and less well scientifically educated.

Which brings me on to the next important element of spinning nonsense to people. Choosing ones audience is vital. With a tale such as Titor's, no scientifically astute individual worth their salt is going to buy, either at face value or upon examination, the story he spun. That is not what one aims to do with a nonsense as large as the one he perpetrated. He was aiming for a certain cross section of society, who love science fiction but actually HATE science. Regardless of the potential reason one might have for disliking science as a concept or community, or as a subject in school more probably, the effects are that a person who holds that dislike is unlikely to actually have the tools to dissect a yarn about time travel, without becoming utterly confounded by their own lack of knowledge on the subject of physics. All one has to do therefore, is make the elements of ones tale which have nothing to do with science, sound reasonable, plausible. For example, I am sure that Mr Titor suggested that certain lies would be told by government representatives, that certain conflicts would arise at certain times, that certain industries would suffer certain problems in times to come and so on.

However, those things are red herrings in the extreme, because first and foremost, they take attention away from the scientific evidence (which cannot lie to us), and places the attention of the listener or reader on the potential that the story may be "proven in time" by the unfolding of events according to a certain timetable. What is even better, is if you can sell the idea that certain elements of timing may be different in this timeline, as it has already been imperceptibly, but irredeemably altered by his arrival. This stock market crash may come five years later, and this war may feature different players, lower or higher body count, and so on. This makes it possible for ANY mentioned thing, war, stock market issues, political gamesmanship and scandal, any mentioned thing to be held up as proof of concept, when it holds about as much weight as a cold read from a "psychic".

All he has done in suggesting that certain things will happen, is taken a look at world history, current affairs, and made some reasonable assumptions based on two main factors, these being that first of all, human history is full of repetition, and secondly the ability to make educated guesses as to which players might be involved in the next cycle of clusterbangery, given the current situation.

I hate to say it, but this website has produced more accurate predictions about world affairs, than Mr Jon Titor ever has, and more reliably too.

The last and most important thing that a person has to do to pull off a lie like this, is either state or imply that those who believe him have something that other people do not, some desirable thing, some quirk of mentality which sets them apart and above other people, a preparedness for the future perhaps, or some other similar virtue. Unfortunately, this is simply an exploit of a trait which is certainly held by a few, but not necessarily a virtue. Gullibility. Without wishing to be harsh, this factor more than any other, is what permits a liar to become a hoaxer, more than any other thing.

When a person eschews science, they eschew reason. Science is not an ideology, it is a process, and one without which our lives would be far harder, our ability to find our place in the universe far smaller, and the road to finding that place more harrowing and confusing. It is also the sort of tool that cuts through nonsense like Titor spouts, to the heart of reality.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall
Donald Trump is John Titor

I'm almost totally sure you're right about that one.

Go JT!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

All I did is mentioned John Titor and that he was a time traveler and she just sensed he's a fake.

That has nothing to do with psychic abilities and is called common sense....

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Truebrit that was the most long winded response ever! Seriously. We get it your a special unicorn of truth in all forms of science so even suggesting it as truth for the sake of theorizing about mulitiverse and time travel is absurd to you. To make a summary of what you said A: the machine for time travel is too small.
B: what he said could be educated guesses.

Lol i didnt post this in a scientific journal I posted it on a conspricy website.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

All I did is mentioned John Titor and that he was a time traveler and she just sensed he's a fake.

That has nothing to do with psychic abilities and is called common sense....

I think he was making a joke!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well I don't know. He said Hillary would become president and only serve one term. He also said that Chelsea Clinton would become president as well

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
A: was helping us because his reality needed our version of reality or B: He was sent back in time to alter our course from destruction.

Both reasons seem to be plausible for any to hop time to warn, if this was a true story.

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

John titor= hero or villain?

It appears to be an act of benevolence unless some feel a war between Nuclear Super powers is more logical?
edit on 10/31/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
John Titor was an IBM engineer with too much time on his hands, a fan of Terminator and conspiracy theories, he is probably on his 50s right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
John Titor, the nothing else to do in life but spread bollocks.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You want to talk multiple universes?

I am up for that. You want to do it based on a defunct and erroneous tale, from a defunct and erroneous man? Not so much.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

tell me what you think.
John titor= hero or villain?

titor = fantasy

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

i too accept that the multiverse // multiple dimensions theory could be true - but am not prepared to start from the ramblings of a charlatan if discussing it

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The energy requirements to poke a hole in the fabric of space and time, and pop out the other side of that gap intact therefore, would have to be UTTERLY ridiculous, because this is not just moving a physical object we are talking about, but actually punching a hole in the fabric of space and time, connecting that hole to another location on the timeline, punching another hole there, and keeping it stable enough to actually move through. There simply is not the energy required to produce this effect, and furthermore, no advance in technology will improve upon that scenario, because there are only finite resources of energy in the universe with which to work the effect, and those resources are not enough.

That may not be true, although it is certainly true in any practical sense one might care to mention at present.

The amount of energy that time-travel would require could conceivably be scaled down to a pretty manageable level, due to exploiting existing 'flaws' inherent in the Universe rather than by attempting to break new cracks and fissures in it. All this is hugely speculative, but since it is the speculation of physicists, it's worth a look.

One of the theories about opening a portal to the past is that deep down at the 'quantum foam' level, there are almost infinitesimally small wormholes opening and closing instantaneously all the time.

Imagine that you have something that simultaneously emits two photons, A and B, positioned near the mouth of a wormhole, and your target is Proxima Centauri. You 'catch' a wormhole popping into existence near that star and hold it open (maybe only for a minute, but that's all it would take).

By forcing a connection between the two wormhole 'mouths' you could create a 'tube' between two points that is drastically shorter than the real physical distance between them (say, a few metres as opposed to billions of kilometres).

Put photon 'A' down the wormhole between the two points and it will get there long before photon 'B', which has to cover the real physical distance between the two points.

Since photon A has travelled faster than the 'c' speed of light, it has in a non-metaphorical sense gone backwards in time. The same would obviously apply to a macro-scale object taking the same route - if it helps, think what times would be displayed on the watches worn by two travellers, one who went via the wormhole and one who covered the physical distance, when they met at their final rendezvous.

Where this all falls down is that the quantum foam is not proven to exist, and there is no known way (or any proposed way) of widening a wormhole to a useful width and prolonging its existence for more than an instant, far less of finding a distant wormhole and connecting it to your own.

Still, it's fun to think about, and it's not ruled out by General Relativity, which makes it all the more tantalising.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join