It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypochondriacs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

I read your opening post and it gave me a face tumor.

Thanks alot, OP.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry. Story of my day.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What I was trying to say id at he the end of February I was diagnosed with MMSS. I am taking propranalonol and I imjnect myself with Copaxone every other day I LOATHE it.Ever since I've been diagnosed have been givnn the run around and I SO SICK of it. It's beating up my body and making me ill. I just really wanted to know if there are others who have experienced similar problems. I dont see my neuro until the 28th. and, frankly, I'm a bit freaked out.

Thanks ahead of time -
Slinki

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What I was trying to say id at he the end of February I was diagnosed with MMSS. I am taking propranalonol and I imjnect myself with Copaxone every other day I LOATHE it.Ever since I've been diagnosed have been givnn the run around and I SO SICK of it. It's beating up my body and making me ill. I just really wanted to know if there are others who have experienced similar problems. I dont see my neuro until the 28th. and, frankly, I'm a bit freaked out.

Thanks ahead of time -
Slinki

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

What is MMSS

I have taken propanolol for my rapid heartbeat in the past, it just made me get bronchitis more often and made me do stupid things. When you are driving you got to watch propanolol, If a paper would slip on the floor I would pick it up and not pay attention to where I was going, I would wind up almost going off the road or in another lane. I didn't like the buzz. It took about two months to get the bad effects, it is a beta blocker and anti-choline drug.

edit on 30-10-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

What's MMSS?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What's MMSS?

I must of MMSS'ed something in my studies

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

What's MMSS?

I must of MMSS'ed something in my studies

I even tried Google.

Got nothin'

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

What's MMSS?

Multiple multiple sclerosis sclerosis.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What does this have to do with hypochondria? You have real condition, not an imaginary one right?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I assume based on your prescriptions that you mean multiple sclerosis? I'm truly sorry to hear that, OP. I'm hopeful your doctor will be able to adjust or change your scripts to make management more bearable for you. For what it's worth, depending on your individual case, MS can be intermittent - called remitting MS - rather than progressive. So it's at least conceivable this won't be a 24/7 365 days a year issue for you. But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be severely freaked out too if I were in your shoes.

Alas I have no advice. Hopefully others will chime in. For what it's worth, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry you're going through this.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What a bummer. Really sorry you are going through this dreadful disease. I've got issues of my own and lots of bad effects from taking abut 26 pills a day and lots of insulin shots-with their own side effects. I wish we were hypochondriacs-I hate the medical profession-if you can call it that.
Best wishes-my best advice from others-just plow through it. Don't let it consume your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Not sure what MMSS is, but I hope you feel better soon.

Just finished giving myself an infusion through a picc line, get to do that every 8 hours. Yay
While it may suck, it helps my body fight what's going on.

A new diagnosis is never easy, especially when pills and injections and whatever else start to become part of your daily routine. There are lots of online support groups for specific medical conditions. They were really helpful to me, just knowing you're not alone, that someone else is going through what you are.

If you're freaked out about not seeing your doctor until the 28th, call them and let them know how you are feeling. You have to make sure you're taking care of your emotional wellbeing just as much as your physical.

You'll get through this! Wishing you all the best.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yeah. One S. Multiple Sclerosis - relapsing/remitting.
My bad.
So sorry.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
With my particular case of MS I get a lot of people who don't understand the disease and give me flack about, saying it's all in my head when it's been clearly diagnosed by a neurologist. And I have 2 MRI's coming up, on spine and head and neck, and they get snippy with the "thought you already went through that" tripe.
Anyway, Failed my rant post, sorry

Thank you to those who chipped in with advice. I do appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Glad to hear you are continuing diagnostics and treatment. I do hope the course of treatment can be made more bearable for you.

Yeah, with health maladies - be they physical or psychological (and yours has implications for both, but is very much physical regardless of whether people understand that) - many people simply won't ever get it unless they experience it. Just know it's largely from inexperience and probably not malicious. I know that doesn't necessarily make it any easier, though.

I hope things level out for you. Best wishes.

Peace.

top topics

join