It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blooming nature and geese and swans...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I awoke very early yesterday at 6 am walked through my local woods enjoying the morning and had a go of my new longbow and after a few hours I walked down the local canal and saw about 50 mallards 30 or so geese and a huge swan.
They looked hungry so I went and bought 3 loaves of bread for them (not cheap stuff 1.50 quid each posh bread) and walked back and started feeding them.
It was fine for a few minutes until they started fighting and then around 15 geese jumped up on the canal bank and started hissing flapping wings and coming for me! I backed off attempting to throw bread away from me but they kept coming. I backed up and thought "oh crap they are boxing me in" I looked behind me and the Swan was right behind me hissing flapping it wings...that was it I chucked the rest of the bread away from me and fled...only to slip on some geese poo and doing my back in...so I'm gonna miss work and lose money because of those darn birds.
Mugged by a chuffing swan ....
So screw nature I aint being nice and feeding them ever again.....gonna shoot em next time.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Lol

Karma must me board !

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sorry for your troubles, but...

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Sod Karma I did follow it until early this year but seeing nowt good happens to me I have stopped following it.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

I just hope the cctv didn't spot me.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Swans are very protective of their territories. The little guy probably didn't know that it was food (birds can't smell) you were throwing, for all he knows, there's a guy coming in and he's throwing stuff.

Fun story though, s+f!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Oh she knew it was food she had had a couple of slices already...The geese gave her the heads up also.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sounds like either a bunch of liberal nazy swans, or muslims evil gees lol, sorry i had too

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Nah they were right "wing"
seeing they didn't share with each other.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Wow lol (except for your back - not funny!) Sounds creepy and surreal at the same time.

A friend and I once went to a farm field not far from home to take night sky pictures. Been there dozens of times, usually notice cows in the field, sleeping or standing. This time though, after setting up the cameras, we hear a few moos, getting closer, and look into the field to see about 30 cows, still 50 yards away, slowly, steadily moving in a snipping V-formation towards us. Cows. What the hell?...

We took it in for about 10 seconds, the formation kept coming, slowly, mooooing. Gathered up the cameras, ran to the car laughing, terrified and bewildered. Maybe normal defensive nighttime behavior, I don't know, but I'd never seen it before and it was as frightening as it was awesome.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I think they are all up to something....sinister.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Don't mess with the avian mafia.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What a great rant. Best I've read here.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You big sissy, afraid of a few 10 pound birds.

Turn in your sword and armor Sir Robin.

edit on 29-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude once thought he had beer but it turned out to be Natty Ice.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Don't feed birds bread. You are killing them.

Don't make presumptions about why nature does what it does when you don't even know enough about it to not feed birds bread.

Don't carry a bow around in the bush until you know more about nature. Real hunters know enough about the intricacies of nature to be ethical and respectful when interacting with it. You know nothing about nature yet. If you did you would see how amazing it is and be in love with it...and you would not feed birds bread.

edit on 29-10-2016 by CraftBuilder because: of formatting.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I used to love going to the park and feeding the birds.

The ducks would hop about in front of me waiting for their share and if a Canada Goose felt left out they'd give me a little peck to remind me they were there.

The swans got used to me and would swim over whenever I appeared with a bag.

I noticed they were all quite territorial so I'd walk slowly along the river taking care to feed everyone.

Don't give up, it's getting cold now and a bit of extra food would be welcome. Just take it easy and make sure each bird gets a bit. Don't panic if you get nipped, they're only worried in case they miss out.

Maybe get cheaper bread next time so you can buy more to distribute, and break it up before you go near the birds.

It would be a shame to deprive yourself of the pleasure of feeding the birds because of one bad experience.

PS - I thought of a new name for you in keeping with your knightly personsa: Don Quackote (don't all laugh at once)

edit on 29-10-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I agree gree,
I feel your pain .
The kids always ask me to take them and it's a #ing ordeal !

God job we ain't below them in the food chain because we would be shafted !

#ing evil predators !

Nothing like in the nursery books , ORDEAL !a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Awwww www...now, now. Get your panties out of a wad. Just consider it as a lesson learned. I had the same thing happen to me once on the banks of the famed "Blue Danube" in Germany. My date and I walked down to see the swans and one biiiiig ole guy clambered out of the river (which is actually brown BTW), flapping wings as big as a B52, stretched out his10 foot long neck with a beak like a bear trap, hissing like a giant feathered snake and hauled tail after us! I don't doubt there were a few people watching as this unfolded, and getting a good laugh at the crazy couple running for their lives! I was in formal evening wear, but didn't REALLY care as I hiked my dress up as far as I dared, while using my spikey high heels to dig into the ground for better traction and running at full tilt up the bank! My date never knew how close to death he would have been if he had even looked like he wanted to laugh at our predicament!! From then on I just admired the beautiful creatures from afar and warned any other would be, up close and personal novice swan lovers of their potential fate if they thought it would be fun to feed the cute swans...especially if they had kids in tow. Heck, if we invade their territory even just to feed them a few snacks, I'm sure they view us as a viable threat...especially in that they used to be considered food source for humans!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Awwww www...now, now. Get your panties out of a wad. Just consider it as a lesson learned. I had the same thing happen to me once on the banks of the famed "Blue Danube" in Germany. My date and I walked down to see the swans and one biiiiig ole guy clambered out of the river (which is actually brown BTW), flapping wings as big as a B52, stretched out his10 foot long neck with a beak like a bear trap, hissing like a giant feathered snake and hauled tail after us! I don't doubt there were a few people watching as this unfolded, and getting a good laugh at the crazy couple running for their lives! I was in formal evening wear, but didn't REALLY care as I hiked my dress up as far as I dared, while using my spikey high heels to dig into the ground for better traction and running at full tilt up the bank! My date never knew how close to death he would have been if he had even looked like he wanted to laugh at our predicament!! From then on I just admired the beautiful creatures from afar and warned any other would be, up close and personal novice swan lovers of their potential fate if they thought it would be fun to feed the cute swans...especially if they had kids in tow. Heck, if we invade their territory even just to feed them a few snacks, I'm sure they view us as a viable threat...especially in that they used to be considered food source for humans!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Serves you right for not making sure that they all got their kibbles at the exact same time... measured precisely in the exact same amount.

Pfft, amateur.

<<   2 >>

join