It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio officially charged with criminal contempt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

With a federal judge's signature on a proposed order initially submitted by prosecutors Oct. 17, the deal is sealed: Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is criminally charged with federal contempt of court.

A trial is set for Dec. 6 in U.S. District Court in Phoenix.

Since early 2015, criminal-contempt charges have loomed over Arpaio, the potential consequence for violating a federal judge’s order to stop enforcing civil immigration laws.

Ma ricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio officially charged with criminal contempt

Things aren't looking good for ATS' favorite lawman. Now not only does it like Arpaio it's going to get completely trounced in his reelection bid but he's also going to court for contempt. Personally I think the guy deserves it. He has a long history of corruption and yet always managed to get off work just a fine courteously paid by the Maricopa County taxpayers. While it's highly unlikely he'll see the inside of a prison it would be a sweet irony if he ended up having to face the same conditions he subjected so many others to.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I thought with all of the states rights stuff that a Sheriff could tell the Fed to take a hike? Isn't this a state matter?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Only in the US can someone be charged for upholding the law.

The problems are not really with this guy. He is just doing his job.

If he gets re-elected he can tell the feds to get stuffed.

P

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Good. I think only those in AZ know the full extent of how corrupt this guy goes.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Is he really corrupt or do people call him that because he hurts feelings? I've never heard of this guy being corrupt, just tough on the law.
edit on 25-10-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just in time for the election !!

Perfect timing.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

So you go to jail now for enforcing the law.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sheriff Joe has been re-elected multiple times. The Feds have tried backing him into a corner with no success. Sheriff Joe is a no nonsense guy who is respected and will be missed when he finally hangs up his badge. Very few law men out there that have the balls that this man has exhibited. He stands for justice.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Apparently the executive branch gets to choose what laws it enforces.

So says the constitutional scholar.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: Annee

Is he really corrupt or do people call him that because he hurts feelings? I've never heard of this guy being corrupt, just tough on the law.

Yes, he is corrupt.

You should read years of local papers.

Do you support the bullying of the "southern style" white boys club?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Rounding up people because of their ethnicity/color of their skin - - - whether they are citizens or not.

Is not upholding the law.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio officially charged with criminal contempt

Good riddance!
It's about time!
Perhaps he'll rot in the Hell he created for others!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

That's not what he's charged with.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

What law would that be exactly?

Try reading about what he is being charged with, and why....

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I thought with all of the states rights stuff that a Sheriff could tell the Fed to take a hike? Isn't this a state matter?

The issue revolves around actions of the Sheriffs department and the manner they went after illegal aliens. A federal case was filed since it deals with potential civil rights violations. Because its federal a judge can issue rulings / requirements. Apparently the sheriff failed to comply with the judges orders, resulting in the contempt charge.

As for the authority of the sheriff he is the highest ranking law enforcement official for a county however they have no authority over federal investigations nor can they prevent / interfere with one. As a municipal officer I answered to the chief as the sheriff has no authority over municipal departments. With that being said I have not seen any major issues in that realm and the various departments get along for the most part.

The people who make claims about sheriffs being essentially untouchable is based on ignorance of how the government works at the various levels. By the way im not accusing you of being one of those people.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you knew anything about the MCSO you would know they're not enforcing the law. In 2007 they had a clearance rate of only 4.68%. 2008 want much better coming in at 13%.

Their ability to solve cases of sex crimes would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. There was one case of sexual assault of a minor where the case as dropped because the suspect didn't have time to come in for questioning.

Since his election Arpaio had used the MCSO to carry out his vendettas. Be that against political opponents or minorities. Let's not forget the time he sent a deputy to Hawaii on the taxpayer dime to investigate Obama's birth certificate knowing full well that deputy has no jurisdiction in Hawaii.

But there's so much more. How about the time that he was found guilty using taxpayer money to pay for hotels and fancy dinners? How about the fact that twice the conditions of his jails have been found to be unconstitutional? How about the number of deaths of suspected awaiting trial (which means they were still considered innocent)? How about the number of people associated with Arpaio that have been arrested? How about the upscale jail built using Maricopa County taxpayer funds that houses said associates?

The list goes on and on. It always amazes me that many of the same people that call Hillary corrupt are champions for Arpaio. Arpaio is just as corrupt and he's not even subtle about it. He's blatant and in your face. Yet for whatever reason people act like he's this moral paragon.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Mixed feeling's on him when I lived in Arizona,had the odd desert racist loved his grabbing anyone looking hispanic and checking their ID's,but they complained when they got arrested in his jurisdiction,some spent days in jail awaiting the judge and then charges dropped,so a real mixed bag,but then again so is Arizona,nice place to visit,but I wouldn't want to live there,Ahwatukee where I lived was nice,to look at

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Ironic that Arpaio is going to be held accountable and Hillary won't be.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Wasn't this the guy Trump hired to travel to Hawaii to investigate Obama's birth certificate ?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Wasn't this the guy Trump hired to travel to Hawaii to investigate Obama's birth certificate ?

nope...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join