It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fight against 99.9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The topic of the middle class has been making it into my feed algorithms lately. A couple links are below, and they both have dedicated threads:

Michael Moore audio-
youtu.be...

Cracked article (yup, cracked)-
www.cracked.com...

This point hits home for me. The middle class is dying. But I knew that already. We knew that already.
Remember when we collectively gave af about 80% of the wealth going to 1% of the people? Was it that long ago we were protesting in every single major city? Maybe Obama fixed things since then for most people. Not for me. I live in San Francisco where gentrification has taken over. Not for my people back home where everyone lives off heroin, food stamps, and part time jobs.

For me, the fight is still very much alive and is really the only one that needs to be fought. I am amazed at how much I had let myself lose sight of this. But hey, I need to stay productive at work and it's so fun to play detective with wikileak emails and to watch the orange man break all PC boundaries.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Maybe Obama fixed things since then for most people. Not for me. I live in San Francisco where gentrification has taken over. Not for my people back home where everyone lives off heroin, food stamps, and part time jobs.

That quote right there tells me you are still too lost to understand fully what you are complaining about!

Gentrification in itself is nothing more that an easy out for those who hate Capitalism to bitch about someone with money coming into a poor neighborhood to invest money into a business that will create some jobs for those wanting a job!

Edit: and let me add that in those cities whom we hear the most protest about gentrification, how many of those cities are run by Democrats?

edit on 25-10-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thank you for your feedback. I will try to remember the back-handed association with the word gentrification. If the word is automatically dismissed due to popular prejudice then it should be avoided.

You are probably correct about being lost. You have many numbers under your name after all. I do wonder what you think I am complaining about, and where did I fall off course?

edit on 25-10-2016 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You two registered here just weeks apart.
Funny side note.

The middle class isn't dying, it's dead.

Average income in my home state (Maine) is 47k a year.

According to this- which IIRC is sourced from a handout for the 1% to give some numbers on what "average" people are dealing with, I was making nearly twice my states average income, yet 3x less than what the "middle class" makes.

If you want somewhere to direct your fight, you've got a few choices.
Fight the banks, that overthrew our government 113 years ago.
Fight the new government, which now bends to the will of the new world order.
Fight the people, who are too stupid to see what's going on.
Fight the police, who enforce the laws of the bankers and politicians.

Or maybe, fight your own life. Challenge your own stigmas- challenge your own reality. Leave the city, live a real life for a while. Learn a skill- grow a plant. Deal with actual weather. Catch, gut, cook, and eat something- like a fish. If you consider yourself brave, start to look at groups of people and ponder their best interests. Expand that view widely enough and you start to understand why individual freedoms need to override city politics, and city politics need to override state politics, and state politics need to override country politics.

Things are broken beyond repair within this country- fight what you will, but don't fight me- I'll fight back!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
The middle class isn't dying, it's dead.

No, just a lot of people who think they're middle class, but aren't. You're not middle class unless you can buy your home outright in 1 years worth of income. You're not middle class unless you can pay upfront, in cash for 5 years tuition at college for each of your children. In addition to private school while they grow up. Those are indicators of the middle class. If you can't do that, it's not that the goal posts changed, it's that your skills devalued. Welcome to the market.

new topics

top topics

join