It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian police ride along Escalates Quickly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Published on Oct 24, 2016 Unbelievable video out of Madera where involving a police officer and civilian ride along last night, Nobody was hurt.

edit on 24-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

I wish we could find out if they got the scumbags... hopefully they did.

Found an article about it! www.nbcbayarea.com... ml

Funny that the Youtube video says no one was hurt, but the article says the ride along's foot got injured from broken glass.

Here's some more details:

Approximately 14 rounds were fired at the police car, Frazier said. The patrol car was struck by three bullets, two of them through the windshield, and the patrol car was disabled. Frazier said that one of the bullets even landed inside someone's home in a pile of laundry.

It sounds like they found the abandoned car and an AR-15 style pistol (didn't know those existed), but the perps got away.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Fighting crime isn't fun, but someone has to do it.
edit on 24-10-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why do you have civilian 'Ride Alongs' in the US? Seems like the most stupid idea to me. The woman sounded very scared and upset, she could also have been shot and killed seeing as 2 of the bullets went through the windscreen.

Ride Along sounds quite childish imo for such a serious position to be in. Can someone put me straight on the point of these Ride Alongs please.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
Why do you have civilian 'Ride Alongs' in the US? Seems like the most stupid idea to me. The woman sounded very scared and upset, she could also have been shot and killed seeing as 2 of the bullets went through the windscreen.

Ride Along sounds quite childish imo for such a serious position to be in. Can someone put me straight on the point of these Ride Alongs please.

It's a community outreach program sponsored by local law enforcement. I have been on many ridealongs; Usually very dull unless a drunk gets to running his mouth. Times may have changed due to insurance issues...
edit on 24-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

It's an outreach program for the community or sometimes an intern police officers in training.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I wonder if we will see mass demonstrations to catch these people who shot at the police? Maybe the public should burn some cars and businesses til these guys are brought to justice. Or is this violence OK? Or are the lives in the police car less worthy of a good old fashioned, red twitter alerted riot/looting binge?

No justice no peace right?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So you're assuming this was black people?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Police and demonstrators come in all colors, I find it funny you asked that question.

There was a shooting, and as far as I can tell, no one seems to be to concerned. I bet the ride the person on the ride along has a new respect for the men in blue.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Link from above

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Can we get a "bad hombre" for that guy.

He must have figured he was going to jail due to his circumstances.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No. You can't deny the guy is assuming this was blacks.

He even said "No justice no peace" which typically in correlation with the BLM movement

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

The quote "I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand." comes to mind here.

I read it as using recent protest slogans and activites as the facetious example of what people should do in response to this shooting.

You chose to read it as "he's talking about black people gasp!"

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

No. You can't deny the guy is assuming this was blacks.

Yes I can deny what "the guy" (me) is assuming. If you look at BLM and SJW movements, they are very diverse, it would be nice to see some of that energy devoted to help find the people (no matter what color) who was shooting.

Your opinion, what concerns me is a 223 hand gun going off in a residential neighbor hood, fired from a moving car, at a high speed. Relax, your implied racism doesn't lurk around every corner.

The new phrase of the day may very well have it origins in the 1960's. There is nothing new under the sun.

When Martin Luther King, Jr., said this outside a California prison where Vietnam war protesters were being held on December 14, 1967, he was hardly trying to start a riot: There can be no justice without peace and there can be no peace without justice.

Dr. King’s formulation contains no threats of violence,

bigthink.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ride-alongs are entirely voluntary, and one has to sign a waiver before participating in one. They're used to expose police applicants to what a shift can be like, and used to give members of the community at large an idea of what a shift may be like.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You are a nightmare to TPTB because you can see through all the hot button issues we are supposed to be all upset about leading to a horribly divided public.

Thank you for being able to read and comprehend on an adult level.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Wow, you can really respect the job a cop does when you watch videos like that one. The fear in the woman's voice was evident and she actually asked the cop to stop following him. Crazy and great video. I am glad no one was injured.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I had a chance to be a police officer, after seeing this video I'm glad I went the skilled trades route.

What a job HUH!?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I do ride alongs. It gives the public a chance to bring forth some minor community involvement.

And for the record....they respond to only minor calls and simple neighborhood patrol and traffic ordinance enforcement.

MS
EMT
Community Response Team Volunteer

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
An "AR style pistol" is simply a short barreled AR without a stock attached. Usually 7.5" - 10" . Many of those utilize a piston inside similar to the AK. They are usually pretty damned loud too. If you add a stock you now have a class III short barreled rifle that requires ATF registration. So leave the stock off of it ok guys??

I have noticed many of the patrol vehicles for both the county deputies and city cops here carry AR's of some type in their cars while on duty. So I can feel safe knowing my cities law enforcement are prepared, and would have handled these guys fairly quickly.

top topics

join