It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Wikileaks Send Hidden S.O.S. For Julian Assange?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I put this in skunk works because it's an opinion piece. But some interesting points are brought up in it. At this point all we have is speculation in many respects to the situation transpiring with wikileaks and Assange. Unfortunately only time will tell but that hasn't changed the fact my interest is piqued. Sorry if it's already posted but with all the wikileaks threads it's hard to search.
source

The tweets in question all have at least one spelling mistake, which is highly unusual for the organization, which is known for its 100 percent accuracy rate in its releases. Assange, who often tweeted leaks himself, is known by his followers to have excellent spelling, so the mistakes stood out. On Facebook, one user screen-capped the tweets, and removed each letter that was incorrect. The incorrect letters spelled out a message that could have come straight from a Hollywood thriller: HILP HIM, or “help him,” if you replace the “i” with an “e”.

edit on 10/22/2016 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I want it to be true just because it's pretty damn cool if it is.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The "Guantanamo Express" hehe, that brings back a few memories.

Excellent find !!!

Buck

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I have been researching this all day. This morning when checking the twitter account I was concerned with the language and the fact that at least two twitter followers were blocked from the wikileaks account after asking for verification of Assanges safety. For the past couple of days I was feeling relieved that the leaks were still flowing and Julians sense of humor seemed to be behind some of their tweets. His assistant Sarah often takes care of the twitter account as do a few others, so it's hard to tell who's talking.

But this twitter sent me in a whole other direction. twitter.com... Soliciting leaks is just not their way of doing business. In all that I have seen, heard and read concerning wikileaks that kind of encouragement would never happen.

There's more than a few people that have these same concerns on just about every board that I visit. Over at reddit there is some suspicion that mods are being changed out to control the concern.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Yea I read the thread about reddit being heavily modded. I'm taking everything with a grain of salt at the moment as it is all speculation, but staying current none the less. We are facing a difficult time with disinformation, hacks galore, infrastructure attacks, and lack of information on certain things above all.

If you read the dull article their is concerns the twitter has been hijacked as well. God knows establishment can put some pressure on twitter or Twitter may try and get some brownie points though I'm inclined to believe pressure (wishful thinking)

Again, only time will tell, but it is important to stay skeptical about pretty much anything in the next month.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hmmm. Okay, so I have a question then. If the whole point that this came about was the diligence put into always being correct spelling wise, wouldn't it stand to reason that the letters HILP HIM should also be correct? Perhaps that should be spelling something else and not replacing the "I."
Also may be just one word. Perhaps it is Time for our scrabble fans to step up just to see what else we get.

Maybe it is a name?
edit on 10/22/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It seems that parts of the world have gotten a hold of Julians coat tails in hopes of him saving the world. The powers can't have a present day hero. In their eyes the leaks are less important than how the world views Assange.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The whole situation is one of the oddest things I've seen in my life. Geopolitics are so incredibly complicated that not only are we trying to grasp it, but I think it's evident leaders are struggling to grasp it.

That being said, nothing is predictable, nothing is certain no matter the "evidence". The important thing is to keep an open mind and not completely buy into a school of thought, stay skeptical. The worst thing anyone can do is hold tight to an ideology in a time of shifting like this. Things can change in hours.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This thread www.abovetopsecret.com... states that Assange posted a photo of Wikileaks director. the Wikileaks director is now dead.

Was this hidden code asking to help the Wikileaks director?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It is not uncommon in such coded messages to have one letter slightly off e.g., M for N, Q for K, and one vowel sound for another.

There is another possibility for reading HILP HIM... it could be "Help him, Phil."

But I think it was a generic plea to the hacktivist community, and, in that light, it is possible to see the internet DDOS attacks on DYN and others last week as a response to the plea. It would be interesting to know what all might be behind the focused DDOS attack on DYN.

edit on 23/10/2016 by Kapriti because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

I disagree. And unfortunately am on a cell phone.

But in the past month.

Broadband ISP's have been hit.

EAS has been hacked.

Tornado sirens in a town in Colorado emitted a tone not even programed into the system. Each siren had to be individually turned off.

Tmobile got crippled almost nation wide.

GPS was jammed in Russia.

Major websites crippled.

Whats left to the puzzle other than assembling pieces.
edit on 23-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

this most likely originated from 4chan.

boards.4chan.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This from wikileaks this morning

@wikileaks We will release a statement tomorrow about Assange. Our editor is safe and still in full command despite reduced communications with staff.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
We need an ATS Team to bust him out and hide him.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

LOL. Let's get truebrit on that. I know that we have a whole lot of UK memebers. You near the London area? If I were there I would be delivering hot meals every day.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

We would smuggle him up north.
TrueBrit is The ATS Team Hannibal bagsy me being Mad Murdoch.
You can be Face.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So, has the extradition flight story been considered?

www.anonews.co...

www.anonews.co/assange-guantanamo-express/

I hadn't' seen it specifically in this thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I want Proof of Life. I think Assange is dead.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If Assange is dead or otherwise 'taken off the board' that would mean that the dead man switch has been figured out and somehow eliminated as a threat.

If that is the case, then who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I would hope his plan included contingencies that could not be compromised, which I believe he is smart enough to do. But that gitmo flight a few responses up had a cool article. Not sure if I'm on board with it but definitely a good read.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join