It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: GOP Led Congress Might Impeach Hillary If Elected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
If Hillary wins the first day of her presidency should be spent on impeachment hearings.

The second day a resignation speech.

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The question is this: Are they sure they want to do this? After all it would have to be public, and this is how it would run down:

The House would have to first bring up articles of impeachment. In that they would have to provide evidence to those charges.

Then it has to go to the Senate. They would act as Jury, and the head of the US Supreme Court, would sit as judge. During that time frame attorneys would argue and talk, and once all is said and done, the Senate has to vote. It requires a 2/3's majority to find a person guilty on the impeachment charge.

Now here is the one thing: The Republicans do not have the numbers in the Senate to do such. It would require 67 senators to vote guilty.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

True... but can you blame him really?

Some of them deserved the call outs...imo.

To be fair, some did not.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: ugmold

Yeah, shes fear mongering too. Sad basket she is in there,
cant attract votes on the real issues, so have to scrounge them
up with fears of a Russian takeover and poor Hillary.

Hillary is bad choice #2. Don't be Partisan, it is big negative issue in this Country. I've been Independent for over 40 years.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Who ever wins, unless they surprise the hell out of us and end up becoming a great leader for the people, I predict both will be a one term president or end up being impeached. Neither of them have enough representatives in congress or the senate that support or even like them!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Who ever wins, unless they surprise the hell out of us and end up becoming a great leader for the people, I predict both will be a one term president or end up being impeached.

I'll agree with you on this my friend, I guess we can all agree we
hope there will be a good surprise.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

If elected she should be impeached. She should have been charged with a crime yet the corrupt FBI / DOJ / Obama administration covered it up.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No, she isn't at all going to impeach Hillary.

She's just laying the groundwork for a possible Hillary presidency. They need the narrative that any impeachment that might happen isn't because of actual high crimes and misdemeanors but only because "everyone knows" that the GOP is on a perpetual anti-Dem witchhunt and they were planning to get 'er as soon as they stepped through the door.

They did this with Obama too. It worked for him. Would it work for the first female president with as much sh** as Hillary brings with her? We'll see.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Simply no need to wait...

All they have to do is impeach her for her actions while Secretary of State., there is MORE than enough evidence to successfully impeach her for her actions as SoS.

This would make her ineligible to hold public elected office.

If she is elected, impeach her before the inauguration for her actions with classified materials while SoS, then let the courts fight it out.
edit on R382016-10-20T12:38:23-05:00k3810Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Have any lawyers actually confirmed a person who no longer holds an impeachable position can be impeached after they have left office?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Have any lawyers actually confirmed a person who no longer holds an impeachable position can be impeached after they have left office?

The ones for Judicial Watch say it is perfectly legal. That is where I got the idea. I have not seen anyone disprove that someone can not be impeached after they have left office.

A post impeachment would do nothing other than keep the impeached person from holding public office again.

EDIT... quick search:

www.westernjournalism.com...

It would be interesting to see how it would play out, since she would technically already be in a elected position.
edit on R492016-10-20T12:49:05-05:00k4910Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R532016-10-20T12:53:15-05:00k5310Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If they impeach based on the SecState argument it would disqualify her to hold the officer of President. Since presidential pardons are specifically prohibited from being used on impeachment...

I think it sets a dangerous precedent. As much as I cant stand Hillary I would rather see the judicial system used. Even more so considering Congress can define on their own what a "high crime and misdemeanors" is. They are not bound by legal doctrine / laws in this regard.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

If they impeach based on the SecState argument it would disqualify her to hold the officer of President. Since presidential pardons are specifically prohibited from being used on impeachment...

I think it sets a dangerous precedent. As much as I cant stand Hillary I would rather see the judicial system used. Even more so considering Congress can define on their own what a "high crime and misdemeanors" is. They are not bound by legal doctrine / laws in this regard.

I would assume that it would be a very slippery slope but a plausible case could certainly be made for impeachment for her actions regarding mishandling of classified information while Secretary of State.

It is not exactly like it would be a trumped up charge. Pun intended. I kill myself.

EDIT:

The FBI director himself stated that if anyone else did what Hillary did, would have faced repercussions..... they could have lost their job, their career, their retirement, etc.

If there is a way to retroactively punish her for what she did with classified materials while serving as SoS, even if that means going the impeachment route, then I am 100% for that punishment.

There is a undeniable valid reason for impeachment: Mishandling of classified information, multiple counts..

edit on R042016-10-20T13:04:17-05:00k0410Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Ok so is she saying that it could be done? That they have enough on Hillary and everybody knows it? Sounds like it to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Add the State Department in there for trying to coerce the FBI:

They're all crooks!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I hope no one in DC wants to work with anyone there.

The more time they spend doing nothing always is better for all of us.

So you believe in anarchy?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Now here is the one thing: The Republicans do not have the numbers in the Senate to do such. It would require 67 senators to vote guilty.

At this point, I think there are a large number of people who want to see
the process happen, as it should.

No outcome is guaranteed, that would be wrong.

She has it coming.
edit on 21-10-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Pelosi: GOP Led Congress Might Impeach Hillary If Elected

Trump should be the defacto POTUS because of the absolute corruption exposed by CLinton, and her party trying to steal an election.

It's time to get over all this silly whining and get over it. Look, the smarter of the two major candidates is going to get elected, and she's going to be the best thing that ever happened to you and your terrified patch of right-wing acquaintances.

So, quit being scared -- you might be forced to legally surrender your firearms, but that's a good thing. And you'll get used to living like a normal citizen of planet Earth.

So! Embrace Team Hillary, join us, celebrate with a mouthful of Hillary's delicious Victory Pudding, and come in for the big win! We're going to have a par-tay!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I hope no one in DC wants to work with anyone there.

The more time they spend doing nothing always is better for all of us.

So you believe in anarchy?

you do understand that if the government stopped working, the current laws would not go away.

they just would be unable to make new ones.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Get over criminal acts while secstate.

nope - that dog wont hunt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join