It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria conflict: West considers new sanctions over Aleppo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

[John Kerry] said that Russia needed to understand that "this war cannot end without a political solution".

Mr Kerry is in London taking part in talks aimed at finding a peaceful solution to the Syria conflict.

Speaking alongside the UK's Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, he said that "crimes against humanity" were taking place daily in Aleppo.
SOURCE

1. Russia forces the West out of Syria by military force.

2. The West retaliates by threatening sanctions against Russia.

If the sanctions are applied, can we all agree that will officially be a war between Russia and the West? Is my logic off somehow?

The sanctions would be an ubelievable injustice in my opinion. It's a lot better than anything involving bombs and guns.
edit on 16-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't think backing the Russian Bear into a corner is a good idea, that is a good idea for getting mauled alive. Russia made numerous attempts at wanting to be an ally of the U.S. and time and time again the U.S. agrees to the deals they make and the U.S. turns right around to stab them in the back.

The more they push Russia into the corner, China will look like the real friend to go to for help.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

For the US the political solution is 'Assad must go' and anyway it was the US that walked away from the talks. A parallel universe springs to mind.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't even rememeber now what Assad did that was so bad other than minding his own business of his country. Did he invade some other country or something?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That craze will cool down after the US election ... they can't afford to lose a war or to have it's hidden reasons revealed at this time. But that's what happening at this stage anyway.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

It's another contrived distraction from the insanity of the American election.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

All of this is insane, and I would like to think that the USA and UK are jointly participating in some sort of exercise to divert our attention from some genuine criminal act they are engaged in or are trying to hide.

Too bad that most of those in power at the moment on both sides of the swap are not to be trusted, and many are lunatics working for their masters in the military-industrial complex.

Further sanctions simply lead to warfare. Jack Ma once famously observed that the ending of trade is the beginning of warfare.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It really is remarkable that after the West destroyed Syria by inciting Islamist terrorist uprisings they now threaten to further harm those trying to restore peace and order to the country, under the guise of restoring order themselves.

Through the bloody looking glass. Jesus.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
its just easy money for the militairy industry's..... who cares b.t.w....
not the west gov's..... they be glad to sell there old guns....
see it as just an real time videogame for the multinationals....a reply to: Ohanka

edit on 16-10-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

From reports I've seen there will be no new sanctions , no sanctions were proposed at the meeting and no agreement reached.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
in these times refugees are big buizniss...the moore there are the moore money can be earned...
thinking off the boats they hirering...approx 2000 euro/person
once arrived in europe shelters that have to be paid...
all and all the now day's economy cant live without them anymoore...
and oure gov's are eager to make sure that there will always be refugees by supporting so called " rebels"
and also feed the new cold war against Russia....wich profides moore money for the weapon and medical industry's...
also making you feel sorry for the victums ......so you donate money for it....while youre leaders are cousing the problems...sick as they are...
whats an human live worth today ??????????? just an handfull of dollars... ore less....!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Ummm...Excisely...err...presactly...

YouSir
edit on 16-10-2016 by YouSir because: I committed an unpardonable sin...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

He killed hundreds of peaceful protesters..... his citizens? Pretty easy to remember when a tyrant kills the people he's meant to protect ffs.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

He killed hundreds of peaceful protesters..... his citizens? Pretty easy to remember when a tyrant kills the people he's meant to protect ffs.

Who knows the truth of that protest? Should we believe the Western narrative? I don't, and even if true,I still don't agree with the USA's policy. Let's face it, regime change was always on the cards, just like Iraq and Libya. The US can now add Syria to the list of countries it has destroyed. Iran will be next.

The USA and my own government have some brass neck when they have the nerve to condemn anyone.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

An Eyewitness to the Syrian Rebellion: Father Frans in His Own Words

An examination of texts published by Father Frans van der Lugt in 2011 and 2012 shows that the late Dutch Jesuit priest had a dim view of the Syrian rebellion, which he held to be the work of a violent minority, and favored a process of political reform in Syria to be implemented by the current government under President Bashar Al-Assad.

Father Frans was murdered under still unclarified circumstances in the embattled Syrian city of Homs earlier this month.(April 2014)

From the start, the protest movements were not purely peaceful. From the start I saw armed demonstrators marching along in the protests, who began to shoot at the police first. Very often the violence of the security forces has been a reaction to the brutal violence of the armed rebels.

Moreover, from the start there has been the problem of the armed groups, which are also part of the opposition….The opposition of the street is much stronger than any other opposition. And this opposition is armed and frequently employs brutality and violence, only in order then to blame the government. Many representatives of the government (regeringsmensen – Father Frans might also be referring to supporters of the government) have been tortured and shot dead by them.

In the first place, it has to be said that it is very difficult to provide a nuanced and objective account of what is happening. Many journalists fall into describing matters in black and white. For them, good and evil are not interwoven, but are clearly separated. They demonize the one side and glorify the other. Thus, for example, it is not true that our (the Syrian) government has only bad sides and the opposition only good ones. But because the US, Europe and certain Arab countries support the opposition, they endeavor, whether consciously or unconsciously, to idealize it as much as possible, without engaging in any careful analysis of the real situation. Certain interests are obscuring our view of the real situation and contaminating the description of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The war in Syria will either be ended by British/French supported forces leaving Aleppo and the few other centers they control, on their own, together with the white helmets, or will be ended by force before January 1st, 2017.

This is independent of the US elections' result!
edit on 5-11-2016 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The white helmets are british-french financed terrorist organization supported by the EU and the USA.
The bombing of terrorists in Aleppo will be resumed very soon. Probably this weekend!
edit on 23-11-2016 by Flanker86 because: c

new topics

top topics

join