It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanings of Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hello ATS

I have been very interested in the dream thing since childhood and I really see 3d colored very vivid dreams including force feedback

So; today I had 3 dreams lasted more than 30 minutes each (I am experienced and can comprehend how much time they last). They were not that crazy like the ones before. I usually even go to different planets etc. They are all in first person. Very colored and I can act in them. Its not like lucid dreaming; and I like it. It means the events or the places I come across are not prepared before hand; I just find myself in and believe in it subconciously. Like; if I drink water in my dream; I do it because I want it. Not because of the story. If I fight; it takes courage for me in the dream so I usually avoid. Stuff like that.

The dreams I had was very deep last night and complicated yet I remember all of them which occured in one sleep total.

The thing I really want to learn is is it really worth reading or investigate; try to find what they mean by your own means or from the web? Do they really mean something? Is it a proven-para-science (oh new word: parascience haha. including paranormal+science)? I know in old ages they really relied on this stuff.

What are your comments?

Thanks pals.
edit on 16-10-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

I think whatever meaning your dream has would be personal to you. I'm very skeptical of dream symbol dictionaries, and I'd look more into things like word associations or Rorschach tests.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Yes sorry for making you put my words into a short sentence
thats exactly what I tried to mean. Every person has a unique meaning to their own dreams but; what would be the way to examine them and get a meaning out of?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
Meanings of Dreams

When you climb in bed at night, do you ask yourself what your experiences/perceptions of the day 'mean'?
"What did that interesting thing this morning mean?"
"What about the drama after lunch? What does that signify?"
If not, why inquire of yourself on exiting bed the meaning of your nocturnal experiences/perceptions?
You are not experiencing a 'different' Reality!

That being said, we dream in the past/present/future (rather like while 'awake'! *__- ), an amalgam.
Writing down the dreams as soon as you have them, and reading them back in 2 days (arbitrarily chosen) will help you see which part was past, which present, which future. It's quite interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Well, the first thing I'd look at is what's been on your mind and how you've felt lately. What do the things in your dreams remind you of. Does anything remind you of your dream, or anything from it? Does anything make you feel the same while you're awake?

I once had a dream that I was on my family's farm being chased by an irate giraffe trying to trample me to death. I spent the dream trying to get anything I could between me and the giraffe, running around buildings and fleeing in terror when he'd follow around the corner. I wonder how the people who consult a dream symbol dictionarie for interpretation would interpret that?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just looking up the symbols of a particular dream with not teach you how to interpret dreams. I learned to interpret my dreams using "the everything dreams book". It gives you a lot of techniques to understand your dreams. I do recommend dream analysis because your dreams show you a lot about your life and how you really feel about it. They can even show you personality flaws and mental obstacles. Yes, I highly recommended dream interpretation. Once you learn how to do it, then you can look up symbolism or do free association to figure out what each symbol means. Universal symbolism isn't useless, most of us share a lot of symbolism due to our common culture. Symbolism is kind of like a language your brain uses. Some of it is highly individual but you can tell when your dream interpretation is true because it feels like it's correct, so once you start getting interpretations right, reading your dreams becomes a lot easier.

top topics

join