It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We haven’t met aliens because they’re DEAD – and humans are NEXT

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is an interesting theory... I've always subscribed to the idea that humans are largely delusional and not near as important or advanced as we think.

BRIAN Cox has claimed aliens have not made contact with us because the most advanced civilisations kill themselves off – and we will too.

In 1950, physicist Enrico Fermi – the creator of the world’s first nuclear reactor – came up with a paradox which says due to the age and size of the universe there is bound to be a civilisation much more advanced than ours, but why haven’t they contacted us?

The solution, many scientists argue, is once a civilisation reaches a certain size, it eventually kills itself off, either through war with advanced weapons or natural disaster.

The universe has been around for roughly 13.8 billion years and modern-day humans have existed for 200,000 years – just 0.00145 per cent of all time.

Aliens are dead... Humans Next!

Think about the disasters that have come from something as "archaic" as nuclear power. Entire towns evacuated, mutated animals, etc, etc. Then think about all the other more "futuristic" forms of energy that we haven't got a grasp on yet, and imagine what kind of disasters might come from those trials.

It's not out of this world to think that there have been a few civilizations that literally vaporized their whole planet in an effort to find the next particle smaller than quarks.

edit on 12-10-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: elaboration

edit on 12-10-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So..

What if we / they spread to other planets

Surely some will survive at that point

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

The universe is too vast and unknown to even consider it a theory at all. Humanity has only been alive for 3 milliseconds in the cosmic timeline compared to what we have seen in outer space so far. Our knowledge is only best guess

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
So..

Valid, but at what point in the technological tree do we get to interstellar travel and planetary colonization?

WE aren't going anywhere for a long time... maybe if a different civilization had other motives and focused on different advancements.

My argument is that the experimentation of future technology will lead to our doom, not so much the tech itself.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

edit on 12-10-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: Double

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Interesting concept, but I tend to believe that a lot of our advancements have more to do with our altruistic, cooperative tendencies (hospitals, charities, medical advancements, exchange and preservation of information, etc) rather than our selfish, competitive or beligerant ones. One can hope for a future in which we are able to further evolve in order to better benefit ourselves and our environment rather than spiraling into mutual destruction, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

...a paradox which says due to the age and size of the universe there is bound to be a civilization much more advanced than ours, but why haven’t they contacted us?

They are all around us. They have contacted us, but it scares the crap out of the natives, theres no point except to tweak our attitudes once in a while on a selective basis. You tell me who and why they pick and choose.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

originally posted by: Spacespider
So..

Valid, but at what point in the technological tree do we get to interstellar travel and planetary colonization?

WE aren't going anywhere for a long time... maybe if a different civilization had other motives and focused on different advancements.

My argument is that the experimentation of future technology will lead to our doom, not so much the tech itself.

There is no way of knowing what rute they take down of the tech tree
And there is no way of knowing if they are not blobs of plasma that dont use tech as we know it
There is no way of knowing if we are being held in the dark, in qurentine by much more advance races
Perhaps we are the creators of this universe.. by some kind of tech, that will destroy and create a new one. endless loop.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well personally I think the whole spaceship across the cosmos concept is totally bogus.

I am much more in tune with the ideas and concepts of trans-dimensional beings. I would even argue that there is more proof of such things. (thats a whole other topic but it includes all types of phenonema)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hey Brian Cox, somebody already posted wrote a paper on this subject. Try using "search" next time!

ATS: The Aliens are Silent because They're Dead

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I'll say it again ,THAT doesn't FLY anymore.
We are aware and we are asking them to show,but THE ALIENS won't show EVER ,probably because we are a tad barbaric right now, and THEY don't want us to worship them or use them as a crutch to advance EVEN further from our spiritual development.
OR

The chance that "ALIENS" are demons CANNOT be discounted at this time.
I have experienced NOTHING and probably never will.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well personally I think the whole spaceship across the cosmos concept is totally bogus.

Unless you believe in evolution, then how we think DNA, seeds, eggs, cell division and embryos got here?

I am much more in tune with the ideas and concepts of trans-dimensional beings. I would even argue that there is more proof of such things. (thats a whole other topic but it includes all types of phenomena)

Yes it does, I agree. I was describing these phenomena in acceptable 3D terms.

Akin to the difficulty of describing the concept of 'up' to 2D flatlanders.

Like vegetables discussing whether gardeners exist.

Why don't we 'contact' ants?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'll say it again ,THAT doesn't FLY anymore.
We are aware and we are asking them to show,but THE ALIENS won't show EVER

SPEAK_FOR_YOURSELF.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Like vegetables discussing whether gardeners exist.

I can't find a source, but I'm pretty sure Terence McKenna once theorized that humans are nothing more than transports/vehicles for distributing seed for plants. Kind of like bees and pollination.

Makes quite a bit of sense when you start looking at where plants and vegetables are "native" and where they are found in the modern day.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Okay, now extrapolate that idea to interplanetary seeding or terraforming.

If you want to travel overseas and start a tobacco farm for instance you bring sacks of seeds with you on the voyage.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I get what you're getting at. But that brings us full circle on the original post. Even if we WERE seeded by another civilization... maybe that was the last hope of survival for that race... because they blew everyone else up.

Hell it could have been an unmanned pod that landed millions of years ago. And that pod had spent many thousands of years traversing the galaxy, or universe.

Guerilla Gardeners Of The Galaxy!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Drake agrees that that is a possibility. Not necessarily a likelihood.

We can not know what's out there in the Great Beyond.

There may be life everywhere out there that merely took another road, and we here, for what ever reason, took another.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

There may be hundreds or even thousands of alien races out there that are far, far older than we, but having taken a different road, will never be seen by us.

Or, we're not looking in the right places. Or, they may, indeed, be dead, and we're the last, and all we'll ever find are the monuments left to their almost. Or, we're the first, and in a thousand thousand years, we'll be the one's who left monuments to almost...

We've no way of ever knowing. Certainly not while we remain in this our nest. Until we decide to fledge, and learn to fly on our own, we'll never know anything worthwhile, including ourselves, the most alien alien of them all.
edit on 10/12/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'll call Your Drake and raise You a Bob Marley from the hit "Redemption Song"

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look?
Some say it's just a part of it,
We've got to fulfill the book.

The musical accompaniment is also "Top Shelf"...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

IT'S ALL WE can DO, without company from off world...unless we all go psychic...which would be hilarious...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Life will continue in myriad forms throughout the infinite number of multiverses 'til the cows come home.
Humans may just be blip.
edit on 12-10-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join