It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV Unintentially Solves The Race War - Whites Experiencing Microaggressions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
MTV Unintentially Solves The Race War: MUTUAL HUMOR!

While I firmly believe MTV's "social justice" agenda is a social engineering farce bent on division, they actually nailed this one... although it wasn't even their intention.

I'm an avid believer in what I sort of call the "South Park Social model", or something like that. 'It states' that everyone should be open for jokes, meaning everyone should be able to crack jokes. In this light its an important extension of freedom of speech (often the most important I argue).

I argue that if we can't laugh at 'our own' satire then there's something wrong with us.

And following that long held belief, for many many years I've complained to many people 'that know me' that there aren't enough 'white people jokes'. "Where are they" I've often said.

Well MTV finally delivered on that! I laughed the entire time. I've played it several times now and laughed.

About that South Park 'Model', if you watch the entire course of the show, every episode, across the shows run quite literally everybody has been ripped on. They even rip on themselves (Stone is Jewish for example). They've ripped on every religion, including their own (Agnosticism, which is 'mine', and that is one of my favorite episodes).

My impression of the individuals / groups that can't take their humor, well they have the biggest problems. That kind of thinking is what's wrong with this world, has been my attitude all along.

So this attitude about senses of humor, and what's wrong with the world, coupled with being a staunch agnostic libertarian type... You might imagine why I was so blown away this year when I finally got around to noticing this new PC era of lack-of-sense-of-humor hypersensitivity driven outrage.

Call me crazy, but where I grew up in the north everybody "talked smack" (a constant game of trying to one up each other with insults [practiced by buddies / friends]). In my work experiences in the south the same kind of thing went on with my coworkers. Likewise, playing pranks on each other goes all in that formula.

To me, it's always been a form of bonding.

Yet today 'half of everybody' is OUTRAGED even over stuff that isn't meant to be a slight (i.e. "microaggressions" being spun as "OPPRESSION").

What we have in that MTV 'white microaggressions' clip to me is what's been on the tip of my tongue this year as how people should approach this issue. Instead of "internalize oppression", and then boil over and team up for a endless wave of 'reverse discrimination', I argue when that stuff happens such 'oppressed' people should counter in kind. I guarantee most people will end up making a game out of it, bonding, while giving each other perspective about each other and themselves.

That's what I've always believed anyways, and I've had black coworkers/classmates/buddies/friends/business-partners where we did this very thing and things were always cool.

So I say we all lighten up, and get along, as there are far far more jokes we'll get to enjoy together if we do.

I'm a whiteboy and I approve this message.
edit on 11-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
MTV? Lol. I really hope people are not that dumb take it seriously.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Yeah, I know.

Really did love this clip though. Funniest thing I've seen all month. I can't get enough, although they did take it too far at the very end there and sort of ruined the whole thing; I forgot to add.

You should see their other new full documentary "White People". This ain't the thread to talk about that though.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Host is married to a fat cracker.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Good buddy of mine and I talk like this all the time (he is black). we are constantly ribbing each other about stereotypes. great fun.

I dont think I asked anything in that video..ever...ever ever to anyone unless there is literally a reason (asian with a thick accent I may ask where exactly are they from, but same with white, brown, green, blue, and red people with thick accents).

I will say the one stereotype I tend to hold about black people is that, generally speaking, younger black folks who dress up in trendy clothes will most likely listen to rap....and am pretty much correct on this overall.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Good buddy of mine and I talk like this all the time (he is black). we are constantly ribbing each other about stereotypes. great fun.

See everyone, this is how people should be!

I dont think I asked anything in that video..ever...ever ever to anyone unless there is literally a reason (asian with a thick accent I may ask where exactly are they from, but same with white, brown, green, blue, and red people with thick accents).

That hadn't even occurred to em, but now that you mention it, me either. Perhaps that's what was so funny about the video itself, to me?.?.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hahaha wait does this mean that when I moved from Minnesota to Texas and people used to legitimately say "wow you don't even have an accent" that was a microagression?

Also Dr Pepper is the best agnostic drink there is.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I love learning about new cultures (always reverts to food though), jeez I guess I can't ask people of different ethnic groups about their traditions any more?... micro aggresions? Thanks douchey SJW's!

top topics

join