It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Stop Terrorism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Now, this may sound harsh to some people but it's reality. Deal with it.

Want to stop terrorism?

Simple.

Stop being terrorized.

Terrorism only works by seeding fear and resentment among the enemies of it's ideology. The more you let yourself be made "afraid" by current events the more power you give to the people that drive this way of thinking. Now, it's not only terrorists that count on you being afraid. Politicians love terrorism for the political capital it gives them, and in my mind, anyone who plays the terrorism card to win political victories is just as guilty as the people they're supposed to be fighting against. Remember, terrorism isn't a regular type of war. It's an ideological war.

The more you become afraid of the Muslims down your street, the terrorists win. The more you let fear guide your support of politicians, the more ground the terrorists win. The more you think it's a good idea to report to the government that "something doesn't feel right" about the immigrants that moved next door, the closer you bring this country to it's own form of Americanistic Sharia law. I'm no fan of Obama, but his reluctance to use the words "Islamic Terrorism" shows that he actually understands the mechanics of the way the war on terror should be fought. By labeling an entire religion as terrorists you're doing exactly what's in these terrorists best interest, sowing fear and division that they count on to recruit new members and grow in strength.

I know it may seem counter-intuitive to some people, but let go of the fear that's been shoved down our throats since 9/11. Yeah you might die from a terrorist bomb. You might get hit by a bus tomorrow. You might choke and die on a piece of broccoli. We live in a world of impending disasters from the moment we step out of bed every morning. The only certainty in this life is that none of us will make it out alive. Don't let the people in power use your uncertainty and fear to control you.

Remember, fear is the strongest drug on the planet. Don't be an addict.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well said! Heck we didn't cower in fear at Ginger folk in the 80's, the chances of being killed by any terror attack is so low but people fear it so much and use their fear to distrust groups of people who are just as human as they are.
Go out meet folk who are different and come from different cultures learn things from them and your fear will go.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So you're saying that terrorism would end if we stopped calling muslims terrorists?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So you're saying that terrorism would end if we stopped calling muslims terrorists?

No, that's only one part of it. As I said in the OP, terrorism dies when we stop being afraid of it. Once we as a nation aren't afraid of terrorism, their power over us is gone.
edit on 10-10-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Or, you know, stop arming and training terrorist groups.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

To say that it will end is crazy sure, but when people who have done nothing and are constantly accused of something that they have not might make them more susceptible to getting pushed over.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unresponsible

Or, you know, stop arming and training terrorist groups.

If any of those arms we supplied to terrorist groups were being used to kill people domestically, you'd have a point. I'm talking about the main weapon of their ideology, socially engineering us into their image.
edit on 10-10-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

To say that it will end is crazy sure, but when people who have done nothing and are constantly accused of something that they have not might make them more susceptible to getting pushed over.

You just described racism

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I understand the point you're making. But you have to understand that we're in a country that loves and seemingly craves fear. People in completely safe environments intentionally watch horror movies, murder mysteries, and go to haunted houses specifically to get their fix of "fear". Even relatively boring things like camping get "spiced up" with ghost stories and haunted legends.

Terrorism works so well here because people seemingly want to be afraid of something. They could easily say "Eff it, I don't care", but most won't. Instead, they'll spread every little rumor or new form of fearmongering that they hear, and seemingly enjoy every minute of it.

Remember the mass freakouts over Ebola? It was never a threat to the American public, but that didn't stop people from collectively soiling themselves over it. Remember the mass freakouts over the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse? Even modern Mayans don't believe that crap, but that didn't stop our citizens from collectively spazzing out over it. People are even running around in demonic clown outfits to intentionally scare random people now (facepalm).

Rumors of any new threat get spread like wildfire because a lot of people are simply bored with their mundane lives and want/need stimulation.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Aw cute!

What I said is that people get mad when you constantly accuse them of things they didn't do.
Had nothing to do with race.
But nice race bait. Thought you didn't like that.
/shrug.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Tell it to God... Fear is how religion works.
The only thing to stop terrorism is an E.L.E.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sounds like more liberal/progressive double talk to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
history shows the only way to stop terrorism is to give the terrorists what they want.
the ira, suffragettes, mandela being examples.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Stop poking the bees nest in the ME be it directly or indirectly.
lift the sanctions on Iran and Syria, this is an act of war on the common people as this who it most affects.
stop supporting and taking sides in religious differences that has been until recently kept in check by necessary rulers
Get out of the ME, there is no defensive reason why we are there.
war, starvation, abuse and poverty are factors to violent extremism, the above are the causes.

youtu.be...
edit on 10-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That's fine, you can think what you want.
You were the one that made it about race not me.

Sounds like you want to create your own argument.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I understand the point you're making. But you have to understand that we're in a country that loves and seemingly craves fear. People in completely safe environments intentionally watch horror movies, murder mysteries, and go to haunted houses specifically to get their fix of "fear". Even relatively boring things like camping get "spiced up" with ghost stories and haunted legends.

Terrorism works so well here because people seemingly want to be afraid of something. They could easily say "Eff it, I don't care", but most won't. Instead, they'll spread every little rumor or new form of fearmongering that they hear, and seemingly enjoy every minute of it.

Remember the mass freakouts over Ebola? It was never a threat to the American public, but that didn't stop people from collectively soiling themselves over it. Remember the mass freakouts over the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse? Even modern Mayans don't believe that crap, but that didn't stop our citizens from collectively spazzing out over it. People are even running around in demonic clown outfits to intentionally scare random people now (facepalm).

Rumors of any new threat get spread like wildfire because a lot of people are simply bored with their mundane lives and want/need stimulation.

I agree completely. Fear is the most wide spread and dangerous of any drug that Americans consume. I compare it to a drug not only because of the parallels between peoples actions but also because of how similar the neurochemistry is between certain emotions and drugs of abuse. Fear being a main one. I see people addicted to it not even realizing what it is and why they are feeling the way they are.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

No other religion crafts extremism on a grand scale but Muslims. Beheadings, killing gays, killing adulterers. Calling anyone else who is not Muslim infidels, treating woman like trash. Then their reward of all these virgins. Ok, what about the women, do they get all these virgin men as well. I don't think so. A woman can't even travel by herself for more than a couple of days from what I have read. That is one messed up religion. No wonder they have so many problems. They also do not gel into western culture. A guy at work wanted to take 30 days off to do his Mecca cannon ball run. Yeah, my boss laughed. Nobody in the US gets 30 days of leave time consecutive. Then he asked for some special meal for the family day and never showed up. Insane. That is not going to work with US culture.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Stop poking the bees nest in the ME be it directly or indirectly.
lift the sanctions on Iran and Syria, this is an act of war on the common people as this who it most affects.
stop supporting and taking sides in a civil war that has been until recently kept in check by necessary rulers
Get out of the ME, there is no defensive reason why we are there.
war, starvation, abuse and poverty are factors to violent extremism, the above are the causes.

You're right. All of what you listed needs to be done as well as fighting against the social engineering aspect that our leaders (either through ignorance or deliberateness) are complacent in.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"How to Stop Terrorism"

Impossible with the current generation our respective societies has helped shape and create.

But stopping our nonsensical bombing campaigns and drone attacks now might help retard the creation of the next generation. After all Its not like you can ever get them all in the one place at the one time, that's just not how terrorist cells operate.

Trumps take on the subject certainty does not help matters.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No, that's only one part of it. As I said in the OP, terrorism dies when we stop being afraid of it. Once we as a nation aren't afraid of terrorism, their power over us is gone.

The war on terror is fake. The terrs are paid mercs doing the bidding of the west that wants to make Assad go, i.e., make one more regime change to one more Middle Eastern country.

Once you know that, what a false flag is and somehow be able to disconnect your emotions form all the beheadings, immolation and charred corpses, then you can go on about your business:

Earning and paying taxes so the gubment can keep running the war on terror.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join