It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think your vote counts? How the elections can be easily rigged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Seems like 80% of the threads on ATS are about the travesty that is United States presidential election. With the smear campaign being done against Trump lately, a surprising number of you believe it can have an influence on Trump's chances of winning. The scary part is how many of you actually believe your vote counts. Well, think again.

Hacker demonstrates how voting machines can be compromised

Roughly 70 percent of states in the U.S. use some form of electronic voting. Hackers told CBS News that problems with electronic voting machines have been around for years. The machines and the software are old and antiquated.

Yes, many of the machines are still running Windows XP!

And with a device that only costs $15 you can vote more than once:

Election Day results could be manipulated by an affordable device you can find online.

"I can insert it, and then it resets the card, and now I'm able to vote again," said Brian Varner, a principle researcher at Symantec, demonstrating the device.

But the real problem and the biggest hacking potential comes after the votes have been collected:

Symantec Security Response director Kevin Haley said elections can also be hacked by breaking into the machines after the votes are collected.

"The results go from that machine into a piece of electronics that takes it to the central counting place," Haley said. "That data is not encrypted and that's vulnerable for manipulation."

Trump: 'I'm afraid the election's going to be rigged'

"I'm afraid the election's going to be rigged. I have to be honest," Trump told voters in Ohio, a crucial swing state.

Trump added that he has heard "more and more" that the November election will be rigged -- suggesting to his supporters that the outcome of the election is out of the hands of voters.

Trump is strangely afraid here. Could it be because he couldn't find a better team of hackers than Hillary's?

CONFIRMED by Experts! Voting Machines in Maryland, Illinois Rigged to Support Democrats

Now, there is more confirmation that Democrats are working with local, partisan board of election bureaucrats to rig machines in the same way. In Maryland, where far-left Gov. Martin O’Malley – a Presidential hopeful – is in charge, it has been comfirmed by experts that Democrats are getting a little extra “help” in the midterm election.

edit on 10-10-2016 by BlueShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Of course there's the machine itself that could be rigged.

Then there's the person responsible for tallies that could lie.

Then you hand all of that to the person who supposedly votes based on popular vote in your state

The establishment can and does choose its own. Our votes are a show to keep the people complacent.

The only way I've come up with to fix it is giving each voter a number and making the results public, so everyone can see that their vote was counted- but even then we have the lists of thousands on dead people voting every year.

What a stupid game.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Our vote has not counted in years. They don't want blood on their hands like when they had JFK killed. He was not about the plan of manipulating people via media nor did he want to fight over oil.

TPTB ( OIL MONEY) will only allow in the one who goes along with the plan.

It's so easy to figure out especially when you realize all you see on the media is also bought and paid for by OIL.

I am pushing this video in hopes people will watch and learn who has influenced this world to our modern day and why.

Always follow the money.. whoever has he most OIL MONEY will win the election. ( Hillary)

Also as twisted as the above video displays so does our reality get even stranger. Symbolism in mythology/religion plays a part of this world as well. The sinister future they have in store from us is worse than a horror movie. But... that's another thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
Indeed.

Then there's the conspiracy theory version that claims the Illuminati always win the elections, regardless of who gets elected.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There are over 110,000 polling places in the United States, which means there are probably about a million machines to hack. They are each part of a county or parish network that is not necessarily connected to any other network. In other words, that would be quite a hack.

Also, most states require a paper copy of each ballot be kept so the results can be challenged. If your state does not have that requirement, write your Representative and advocate for it.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

You seem a bit fixated on oil. Obama has tried to wean America away from oil and coal, yet he has not yet been assassinated; in fact, he was re-elected. [/off-topic]

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That is the sort of stuff we should be discussing on ATS. Instead it's more like a playground with a bunch of gossipy school girls going all giddy whenever a recording of Trump saying something dirty gets leaked.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Our founding fathers would be f*****g LIVID.

I'm amazed that typical Americans are just buying into this or saying "there's nothing we can do".

...without even trying, or wanting to have a discussion about it.

What in the actual hell... it's disheartening to say the least

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
That is the sort of stuff we should be discussing on ATS. Instead it's more like a playground with a bunch of gossipy school girls going all giddy whenever a recording of Trump saying something dirty gets leaked.

MammaJ should start a thread about it instead of spamming it on unrelated threads.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm amazed that typical Americans are just buying into this or saying "there's nothing we can do".

I just told you what you can do about it: make sure that your state requires paper ballots, that way you can demand a recount if necessary. This defeatism is frightening.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

This is what I said in my post?

I am pushing this video in hopes people will watch and learn who has influenced this world to our modern day and why.

And then you say this?

You seem a bit fixated on oil. Obama has tried to wean America away from oil and coal, yet he has not yet been assassinated; in fact, he was re-elected. [/off-topic]

No .. Oil production has remained the same. www.forbes.com...

It's not off topic because this is who elects the president.... not.. "We the People".

Again.. I am pushing the video IN HOPES people will actually watch it and learn.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
MammaJ should start a thread about it instead of spamming it on unrelated threads.

I don't think it was totally unrelated. She presented a reason why elections get rigged.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I agree. I feel like I am watching dumb and dumber.!

The real issues are being distracted by msm rhetoric and if people understood who controls our public relations they would understand the elections are no different. They are controlled.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

No .. Oil production has remained the same.

Domestic production increased, offsetting the need for oil from the Gulf. This has led to an oil glut. Oil money is important, but what has that to do with elections, other than Big Oil's ability to buy candidates?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I don't think it was totally unrelated. She presented a reason why elections get rigged.

Elections can only be rigged at the local level. Both parties have local machines capable of doing that, but neither party could leverage that into a national victory.

new topics

top topics

join