It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many ATS members still believe in the Moon landings?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Me.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
Greetings ATS,

I, in no way want to start a technical, philosophical or arguable discussions about the moon landings so lets get that out of the way straight forward. Here is what I'm asking........

How many of you actually believe we landed on the moon? If you believe we did, do you believe it was the way they said and the video and photographic evidence is a true and accurate account of that? Do you believe we did but they are hiding things found there? If you believe we didn't, what is the number one reason why you believe that.

I host no 'beliefs', one can peek through a simple telescope to see the trash left behind on the moon!
It could have been left by alien trailer park hillbillies, of course... I wasn't watching the deposition of said garbage. *__-

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

one can peek through a simple telescope to see the trash left behind on the moon!
False.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A few years ago, there was an ATS thread with a photo that the Hubble telescope took of the lander section that was left behind on Neil Armstrong's mission. It looked so lonely there by itself.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

False.
Hubble is not capable of resolving the lander.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: GodEmperor

It was a race to get there, 1st place is all that counts..sometimes.

The first place that matters is who can get the nukes up there first.

That's my reservation for the official story, if it were possible to reach the Moon, every superpower would at least try.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I don't see any reason to dismiss the moon landings. It was engineering feat that might be considered on par with the building of pyramids. Realizing that the human race can finance the exploration of our physical realm instead of killing one another was a nice parting gift from JFK.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I didn't but after I found ATS and people really educated me I now know they happened.
I was a gullible fool.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
I didn't but after I found ATS and people really educated me I now know they happened.
I was a gullible fool.

We're a moon landing cult.. get out while you can! SAAAVE YOURSELF!

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It happened, clearly. We have a mirror up there which we use to measure the distance between the earth and moon. Case closed.

I do believe they had contingency video footage and photos developed in studios on earth JUST IN CASE things didn't go to plan or live feeds didn't work/develop. They would be silly not to with that much investment.

This disbelief stems from some badly edited photos with Crosshairs in the wrong location and the BS we would have died from sun's radiation.

We landed people. Don't waste time thinking otherwise.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I know I fell for the cult of logic, evidence and reason.....I CAME HERE FOR THE OPPOSITE !!!

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I know I fell for the cult of logic, evidence and reason.....I CAME HERE FOR THE OPPOSITE !!!

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I think it was all faked.. you asked i answered.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Some landings [the first one] I really think were fake, later ones were definitively true. IMO they were buying time by hoaxing the first one and with more time, they could manage to pull it off.
My biggest flag is that they managed back in the 60s, to go from idea to actually landing within 9 month. Yet recently NASA said that it takes years to go back onto the Moon.

C'mon. Were they more advanced in the 60s than we are now?

Why not use the 60s design, after all it seemed perfect. Not one problem on the first voyage and landing. Why not use it as a basis and just replace old fashioned with newer materials etc?
Or is the first design not used because it is archaic, unsafe, maybe even not able to go all the way and therefore we have to have a newer more modern - and completely different - design in order to get there?

Two conflicting facts. They have always bugged me.

Another one are the cameras that were mounted on their abdomens. In almost all footage [that I have seen] they are so heavy that they constantly point down and would have only filmed the floor.
Yet we get 'beautifully' shot footage. It is these small insignificant things that interest me.

All the evidence we can see on the Moon is from later missions, also they could have managed to send an unmanned craft on some occasions.

Lets also assume they did land the first time. I can envisage a scenario where the film footage was corrupted or just not good enough and they re-filmed it in a studio. I'm sure there were other times this has been done, so as not to disappoint the people.

I have no hard evidence but the way the first manned Moon landing played out was too good to be true and you know how that saying goes...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I say Yes the Moon is likely hollow. Yes we went to the Moon. No it wasn't all done with rockets and space shuttles. Yes recovered non-human technology was used to get to the Moon and back. Yes also home made crafts based on reversed technology was used as well to get to the Moon and back many times. Likely a hybrid of Human and Non-Human tech has been used the whole time. Hence the reasons to hide certain aspects of how they got to the Moon and back and also places of interest being on the Moon.

Is there a landing site on the Moon that can be seen? Yes, I believe that all the objects and crafts said to be on the Moon is there and so much more. Breakaway civs, ancient crafts, ancient cities, etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
Do you believe we did but they are hiding things found there? If you

1 believes Humans have been to the moon. But also believe some things Learned about the Lunar moon are restricted from the general masses...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
1 person at nasa summed it up well... you can achieve anything with unlimited resources and personnel. The whole country at the time was dedicated to the cause.

Nasa no longer have the funding. Plus there is little benefit to returning, nothing that an accountant can justify.

When you take that into account it is more than likely it happened, without taking into account all the facts that prove it happened.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Simple answer to headline:

The moon landing was real.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

How many of you actually believe we landed on the moon?

The word "believe" is inappropriate. The documentation is so detailed that it is a matter of record, not belief.

If you believe we did, do you believe it was the way they said and the video and photographic evidence is a true and accurate account of that?

Once again, it is not a question of belief. There is absolutely nothing in the record that appears to be false or inaccurate.

Do you believe we did but they are hiding things found there?

There are certain experiments they did which remain classified. (They had potential military applications: laser ranging and targeting, that sort of thing....) All of the photographic records and scientific data has been made public.

If you believe we didn't, what is the number one reason why you believe that.

Initially, most of the misinformation came from a couple of American con men, but lately Russia has been flooding the web with black propaganda to undercut American morale.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yes, we have landed on the moon. An amazing achievement, especially for the time period. Hell, I'm pretty sure the phone I'm posting with has more computing power than they used to do this.

Maybe that's why they managed it. They had people who could actually do the computations required with a pencil. Along with the type of fellas who would say "sure, strap me to a potential bomb and launch me at the moon, I'm down with that".

I think the reason we haven't kept going there is the political ramifications of "holding the high ground".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join