It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The perfect president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
First of all I know that nobody is perfect. But let's aim for close.
I also realize that we are 300 plus million people and will not always agree on the best course of action.
That being said,
All you need to do is scroll thru the new thread list on ATS to see what's going on in American politics. Every other thread is a hit piece on a candidate from both parties. Some are justified and some are just fluff. The odd thing is that none of them are on how good or qualified their choice is in any subject. They all suck.

I started thinking about what kind of person I want for president. The lesser of two evils just ain't working for me.
So here goes.

Most important to me is the economy. We can solve any other problem if we have a strong economy. Manufacturing in my opinion is key so somebody wanting to bring back the jobs is a great start. How it's done be it tariffs or whatnot is a detail for another day. I want someone with a good economic plan.

Next I want someone with new ideas to eliminate wasteful government spending. We waste way to much money on administration for the kind of results we recieve. You can't name a program that doesn't flush millions down the drain.

I want welfare reform. That doesn't mean I want to throw people out on their butts and have their children starve. But at the same time welfare should not be a career choice. Able bodied people need jobs and that goes back to the above mentioned economy.

I want immigration reform. We don't have to close the border. Sign up at the booth on the way across. Get your picture taken, fingerprints filed and recieve your guest worker photo ID. Enjoy your stay.

How about the equal rights act?
Gay marriage recognized by the federal goverment. It's long overdue for gays to file joint tax returns and be afforded the rights married people recieve. Marriage is a legal contract and we should not be discriminating.

Lastly and I didn't include every topic, is healthcare reform.
The cost of medical care is ridiculous. That has to be resolved before the whole system implodes. All entities involved need to compromise. This might be the hardest issue to fix but the results would be worth the effort. Making sure everybody has to buy insurance is not the solution.

That is a few of my ideas for a perfect president. I doubt he/she exists or would be allowed to do any of the things I would like to see resolved. Pipe dream? Maybe.

What is your idea of a perfect president?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I also realize that we are 300 plus million people and will not always agree on the best course of action.
That being said,
All you need to do is scroll thru the new thread list on ATS to see what's going on in American politics. Every other thread is a hit piece on a candidate from both parties. Some are justified and some are just fluff. The odd thing is that none of them are on how good or qualified their choice is in any subject. They all suck.

I started thinking about what kind of person I want for president. The lesser of two evils just ain't working for me.
So here goes.

Most important to me is the economy. We can solve any other problem if we have a strong economy. Manufacturing in my opinion is key so somebody wanting to bring back the jobs is a great start. How it's done be it tariffs or whatnot is a detail for another day. I want someone with a good economic plan.

Next I want someone with new ideas to eliminate wasteful government spending. We waste way to much money on administration for the kind of results we recieve. You can't name a program that doesn't flush millions down the drain.

I want welfare reform. That doesn't mean I want to throw people out on their butts and have their children starve. But at the same time welfare should not be a career choice. Able bodied people need jobs and that goes back to the above mentioned economy.

I want immigration reform. We don't have to close the border. Sign up at the booth on the way across. Get your picture taken, fingerprints filed and recieve your guest worker photo ID. Enjoy your stay.

How about the equal rights act?
Gay marriage recognized by the federal goverment. It's long overdue for gays to file joint tax returns and be afforded the rights married people recieve. Marriage is a legal contract and we should not be discriminating.

Lastly and I didn't include every topic, is healthcare reform.
The cost of medical care is ridiculous. That has to be resolved before the whole system implodes. All entities involved need to compromise. This might be the hardest issue to fix but the results would be worth the effort. Making sure everybody has to buy insurance is not the solution.

That is a few of my ideas for a perfect president. I doubt he/she exists or would be allowed to do any of the things I would like to see resolved. Pipe dream? Maybe.

Well you are clearly not a Hillary supporter because she will do everything you don't like.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The presider is supposed to be just one branch of three, the Judicial Executive and Legislative. A check and balance voice of reason to prevent whats happening now.

Now its a race of celebrity, checks and balances long ago drowned out by the noise.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The first three minutes of that movie has come true!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Your last decent President was eliminated as he was a threat to the Establsihment.

You can only become President now, if the Establishment deem you fit enough to serve their purpose. It's a crying shame, but a Government run by the people, for the people is currently an Utopian dream, alas.

We are the only ones to blame though, our apathy has seemed to won the day for the Establishment, and with every scandalous decision made over the years, we have just stood back and allowed it to happen.

Why? Simply because their decisions do not affect everyone at the same time, and therefore many say nothing, because it doesn't affect them. Then when they are, those affected first have no sympathy and the rest aren't affected, so no one says or does anything.

A vicious circle for the masses.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think it might be more important to discuss issues.

Issue regarding healthcare: being in pain or dying sucks. anyone under poverty levels should be getting free healthcare. its the humane thing to do, its the right thing to do. I have stood on this point during times of poverty and wealth and all steps in between. poor people aren't horrible people. its worth helping anyone who needs help.

Science; allow for cutting edge research. The only issue here is with stem cells..this is frustrating to me because I see fertilized eggs to be neighbors. I see it as just a mass of cellular blobs..I see no ethical issues here, and I dont understand the counter point..so a spirited discussion between scientists and intellectuals need to hammer out a ethics code of principles here...and decide what is the difference between life, and a person.

Environment: regulations is good. I dont want to be China with smog cities, poison waters, risky street vender foods, etc. There is a reason you can eat anywhere in the US without concern..and eating in China is a dice roll.

Otherwise, error with liberty and let people find their own happiness so long as it doesnt harm another (aka, smoke what you want, drink what you want, but I do believe in labels and education for all said things..and treat addiction like a medical issue, not a criminal fundraising scheme)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

edit on 8-10-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If Trump and Hillary are the best candidates the voting public can put forward, then America doesn't need another "elected" President, America needs a Dictator.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Pete the Cat for President I say.

Pete for Prez!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

A monkey with a dart would’ve made you more money than Donald Trump, argues Warren Buffett

Obviously a Monkey with a Dart(150% average return) is the best 2016 GOP nomination if this is based on his business ability.
edit on 8-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My idea of a perfect president is someone like Canada's prime minister. An MJ smoking happy go lucky do what you want kind of president.
edit on 8-10-2016 by Encryptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

Way to liberal for my taste.
But that's why we vote...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first post!

My Ideal candidate would be someone who understands not how to change things just to be different, but one knows how to streamline our existing laws. Too oft I see these huge bills, trying to plan out the future without having the slightest idea of what the future holds.

I would like a candidate that holds to a One Bill, One Law format. I would also like to see every sponsored bill include a time frame for checks and balances. For instance, Give one law, then tell me how to tell if the law is functioning as intended, and give a date in which the law is to be repealled in the case of it not working.

I don't think you will find any arguements on the issues. We all want, better healthcare, better infrastructure, well paying and plentiful jobs, the opportunity for advancement in both employment and education, lower crime rates, and no famine.

You simply can't fix any problem by throwing mounds of money at it, and changing every rule and reason, and expect a good outcome. Go slow and methodical, being careful to not only promote the good, but weed the bad.

new topics

top topics

join