It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives, Talk Me off the Ledge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

My crisis derives from a sense of caring for thetThe greatest country the Homo sapien species has ever produced…

Ah...the old American Exceptionalism - whilst that may have been true of the Pilgrims that escaped on the Mayflower, the history of the Wars (Booty/conquest/theft) the US has been engaged in the last 100 years speaks otherwise.

I mean MLK was assassinated in 1968 and you speak of enlightenment?
You were shooting unarmed Uni students at Kent State Uni in 1970 for heavens sake!!

Don't count me into your blinkered definition of "homo sapien"

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Jen Bush is a warmonger? With whom did Florida go to war?

Part of the same gangster crime family born with a sense of entitlement.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I know how you feel, but every time I judge someone, I realize my own mistakes throughout the years.

He who is without sin cast the first stone, there were many flawed leaders, the Bible says God raises up kings and kingdoms and tears them down.

Hillary has shown her true colors as a world leader, maybe Trump does want what is best for the country, there is only one way to find out.

pbs.twimg.com...

Either way It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Whoever is chosen it will not be our choice, but a means to the END.

I agree with you and day-to-day life that is not my place to judge…

But when somebody is running for public office it is our duty to assess and judge the candidates...

Judgment is an instinctual behavior born of of our genes...
Who a person is behind closed doors is of tantamount import if they are running to lead us...

It is becoming more clear that this is a zero-sum equation and my only choice will be to live with then least morally bankrupt candidate...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

By my use of the word moral it is a given that refusing to speak up in the face of actions by your leaders and military in using torture, extraordinary renditions, extra judicial killings, the only nation to drop Atomic Weapons on a surrendered enemy amounts to a clear absence of morals.

It can't be any more obvious

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

My crisis derives from a sense of caring for thetThe greatest country the Homo sapien species has ever produced…

Ah...the old American Exceptionalism - whilst that may have been true of the Pilgrims that escaped on the Mayflower, the history of the Wars (Booty/conquest/theft) the US has been engaged in the last 100 years speaks otherwise.

I mean MLK was assassinated in 1968 and you speak of enlightenment?
You were shooting unarmed Uni students at Kent State Uni in 1970 for heavens sake!!

Don't count me into your blinkered definition of "homo sapien"

I appreciate your borderline illiterate views on American history but Kent State was not a complicated interaction…
However, I doubt you understand the truth of what happened...
Your comments belie a profound lack of understanding to historical fact...

You would do well to study history by reading nonfiction books as opposed to the progressivist rewriting of history which is obtuse fiction...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I wanted to add, Trump recently became a born again Christian, so that is something to take into consideration.

Anytime I've seen someone truly "born again", they emerge extremely humble and are regretful of their past actions. Where is his testimony of wrong doing, of "I used to be a womanizer who only cared about money, I took advantage of workers and companies, I was callous and couldn't see the pain I caused those around me." "Now I am a changed man who would never take advantage of _________."

Haven't heard anything close to that from him.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

If I'm to be judged by the actions of my leaders, then so be it.

I have no control over that and any attempt I'd make to correct it would simply make me a footnote in some police blotter as a nut who went "crazy".

I can only live by my moral compass and make the changes I can from my tiny spot in the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

By my use of the word moral it is a given that refusing to speak up in the face of actions by your leaders and military in using torture, extraordinary renditions, extra judicial killings, the only nation to drop Atomic Weapons on a surrendered enemy amounts to a clear absence of morals.

It can't be any more obvious

Imperial Japan is an area of which I spent my life in utter fascination for personal reasons...

In fact, I wrote my dissertation on the MacArthur/Whitney/Kades constitution...
My speech to text would error out if I spoke in Japanese so I will point you to their diet(Japanese congress) for the repository of documents..
www.ndl.go.jp...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Americans unknowingly have voted for morally bankrupt leaders throughout out its history,

It took me years to come to this realization, our leaders owned slaves, Washington is full of corruption, it makes me physically ill.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

it has been this way through out the history of the world.

edit on 8-10-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

how are we to take you seriously when you consider smoking amoral (sic) behaviour,

So only now are you noticing a crisis of faith..
Because of marriage vow's?
Never mind the cheap labour from Mexico doing your gardening, cleaning etc for the last 30 years

This flip-flopping back in August never bothered you?

www.smh.com.au...

regularly invoked the figure as the number of undocumented immigrants he would evict – until, he seemingly realised that 11 million is a really, really big figure and that the actual process of removing them from the US economy and communities would be a really, really big undertaking that requires significant detail and explanation before it might be really, really believable.

As promised, a big part of the early excitement in a Trump presidency was to be the formation of the "deportation force" which would round up the illegals – but on Sunday Trump's running mate and Indiana governor Mike Pence couldn't tell us, after months of campaigning, what Trump's position was on this force which, to be effective, would he a huge undertaking.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

how are we to take you seriously when you consider smoking amoral (sic) behaviour,

So only now are you noticing a crisis of faith..
Because of marriage vow's?
Never mind the cheap labour from Mexico doing your gardening, cleaning etc for the last 30 years

This flip-flopping back in August never bothered you?

www.smh.com.au...

regularly invoked the figure as the number of undocumented immigrants he would evict – until, he seemingly realised that 11 million is a really, really big figure and that the actual process of removing them from the US economy and communities would be a really, really big undertaking that requires significant detail and explanation before it might be really, really believable.

As promised, a big part of the early excitement in a Trump presidency was to be the formation of the "deportation force" which would round up the illegals – but on Sunday Trump's running mate and Indiana governor Mike Pence couldn't tell us, after months of campaigning, what Trump's position was on this force which, to be effective, would he a huge undertaking.

Listen fool...u are underequipped to debate me on anything I would surmise...

As an inner-city ED physician at a Texas Level I trauma center my wife we spend every shift caring for majority illegal immigrants who are unable to pay for their care and their lives need saving…

If you go to any corner of this globe you will find an American organization performing charity work a 50-1 clip compare to all other countries combined…
American Physicians have infected the globe with altruism saving lives every second of every day while you sit in your parents basement hurling insults at the greatest country which has ever existed...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AudioOne

I wanted to add, Trump recently became a born again Christian, so that is something to take into consideration.

Anytime I've seen someone truly "born again", they emerge extremely humble and are regretful of their past actions. Where is his testimony of wrong doing, of "I used to be a womanizer who only cared about money, I took advantage of workers and companies, I was callous and couldn't see the pain I caused those around me." "Now I am a changed man who would never take advantage of _________."

Haven't heard anything close to that from him.

He made an apology.

Christians are just human.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've pretty much written off morality as an issue with regard to my support of either of these two candidates. They're both of very poor moral character, IMO.

Trump is a mixed bag and a mediocre candidate. He was not my first (or second, or third) choice to be the nominee. Still, he's what we have. In the end, we all have to decide what kind of world we want to live in, and this election really boils down to whether or not you, as a voter, are happy with the society that Obama has been building over these past eight years or not, because you're going to get more of the same with Hillary. Somehow, I think you're not happy with that.

So, I ask you, do Trump's moral shortcomings outweigh your concerns about a future under Hillary, another candidate who is also seriously morally compromised? That's a question only you can answer for yourself.
edit on 8-10-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You always write what I think and you have also helped me clearly understand this election. My own disappointment in our leadership choices was dragging me down too. That sensibility, that reasoning has pulled me back from complete insanity about this election. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The biggest issue is he was promoting himself as a moral candidate.

If he'd presented himself as a sleezebag touting "this is who I am" - - - that would be different.

He's a lying hypocrite.

The behavior is not the issue IMO - - - but, how do you trust such a blatant, lying, hypocrite?

He's like Ted Haggard.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddycruel6699

How do you know what he said in the locker room? But we're supposed to give him a pass, because Trump is an evil, wicked, deplorable, blahblahblah......Right?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It is claimed to be known that Hillary is a full blown lesbian...It is known that she has destroyed the lives of the women who her husband preyed on...She is responsible for the deaths of our agents in Benghazi...She is bound and determined to destroy the sovereignty of our Country...And you can compare that to Trump's locker room trash talk??? You ain't real...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

- but, how do you trust such a blatant, lying, hypocrite?

Wow. Do you even hear yourself?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
dp
edit on 8-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join