It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of AZ drivers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Anybody else getting really sick of drivers in their areas? Are drivers getting worse as more and more idiots get their licences?

This morning I was getting on the 202 north heading to the 101 south on my way to work where I am writing this now. On our freeways there are alternating red and green lights allowing only one car onto the freeway at a time or else it would create a bottleneck of morons. At this time there are about 15 people waiting to go through the lights and this total D-bag literally drives in the emergency lane going around everyone and cutting off the car that was going to the next green. To then only get stuck in traffic and decide to continue to use the emergency lane until he was able to cut someone else off and get 20 cars ahead of the gigantic line.

What gives people the mentality that this is acceptable behavior. I truly look at someones driving habits as reflecting on who they are as a person. You ever notice how people act like nobody is watching them in their cars.

Out here in AZ we are having a big problem with a cereal freeway shooter in the west valley. Im starting to think this guy is not a psycho but maybe hes just fed up with people breaking all the rules and putting lives at risk just to be first to a red light. I cant go a single day anymore without being tailgated in a center lane by half a car length going 74MPH when there are wide open lanes to my left and right. Its getting to the point where I am no longer going to just brake check these people. Im just going to brake.

Just two days ago I was honked at and flipped off because I stopped for a school bus with its stop sign out. I was so dumbfounded by this persons actions I couldn't even acknowledge them. I sat in awe wondering how this person doesn't see a 36ft yellow bus with flashing yellow and red tights with a stop sign 9ft to their 3 o'clock. It was then I realized they prop just didn't care and had no intention of stopping until I did.

I want to install caltrops on the back of my car so when I see this crap I can blow out all their tires. JK

End of rant.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I feel ya...I moved out of the Phoenix Metro area 4 years ago and know exactly what you're talking about having grown up there. People drive insane down there to the point of getting themselves and others killed. Seen people jump curbs, off ramps, speed through intersections and all sorts of crazy there. I don't miss any of it and dread it when I visit. It just gets worse for everyone there when the Snowbirds arrive.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
To tell you the truth, I'm more sick of all the Adults on Bicycles (AOBs) coming out of the woodwork this time of year.

We build these assholes their own special lanes for their stupid "sport" and they still ride in the middle of the f# road, then act like you're the one with the problem.

But I get what you're saying. I live in a more rural area of AZ though, in part because of the subject of your rant. Traffic is high stress. Assholes in high traffic are intolerable.

But what are you going to do? Brake check your car (and spinal cord) into oblivion? Much safer to just exit the urban sprawl and make your way to the fringes of "civilized" (ahem) society.

Let the bastards tear themselves apart.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No one place has a monopoly on bad drivers. All states and countries have them. You ought to try driving in Egypt or Turkey or India some time. Egypt, just as one example, has a very nice modern freeway around Cairo. In one place it is four lanes wide, but the drivers turn it into six lanes, disregarding the lane markers altogether. when they merge from four lanes to three or two they get within an inch of each other and everyone forces their own way in. To make a left turn in any of these countries you just force your way across oncoming traffic. North America and most of Europe is quite civilized when it comes to driving. The transgressions you see here are nothing compared to the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Anybody else getting really sick of drivers in their areas? Are drivers getting worse as more and more idiots get their licences?

This morning I was getting on the 202 north heading to the 101 south on my way to work where I am writing this now. On our freeways there are alternating red and green lights allowing only one car onto the freeway at a time or else it would create a bottleneck of morons. At this time there are about 15 people waiting to go through the lights and this total D-bag literally drives in the emergency lane going around everyone and cutting off the car that was going to the next green. To then only get stuck in traffic and decide to continue to use the emergency lane until he was able to cut someone else off and get 20 cars ahead of the gigantic line.

What gives people the mentality that this is acceptable behavior. I truly look at someones driving habits as reflecting on who they are as a person. You ever notice how people act like nobody is watching them in their cars.

Out here in AZ we are having a big problem with a cereal freeway shooter in the west valley. Im starting to think this guy is not a psycho but maybe hes just fed up with people breaking all the rules and putting lives at risk just to be first to a red light. I cant go a single day anymore without being tailgated in a center lane by half a car length going 74MPH when there are wide open lanes to my left and right. Its getting to the point where I am no longer going to just brake check these people. Im just going to brake.

Just two days ago I was honked at and flipped off because I stopped for a school bus with its stop sign out. I was so dumbfounded by this persons actions I couldn't even acknowledge them. I sat in awe wondering how this person doesn't see a 36ft yellow bus with flashing yellow and red tights with a stop sign 9ft to their 3 o'clock. It was then I realized they prop just didn't care and had no intention of stopping until I did.

I want to install caltrops on the back of my car so when I see this crap I can blow out all their tires. JK

End of rant.

Don't ever drive in Chicago! The behavior you saw on the highway pretty much is normal daily driving around here! EVERY single time on the highway, you will see some DB driving in the emergency lane. People regularly drive in bike lanes and parking lanes to snake to the front of a line of cars. They will then try to drag race you off the light so they can cut back over. Sometimes, they literally run the red light to ensure they can cut back over.

Just last week on three different occasions, I saw some douche bags get into a left turn lane at a stop light and then cut back over to the right lane to keep straight just so they could avoid being maybe the 20th car in line during rush hour.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I believe you missed the point, it was as the headline said about Arizona drivers. We all know that drivers in the Third World are four-wheeled maniacs.

You are flat wrong about drivers more or less being the same. Austin drivers used to talk about the dread of having to go to Houston and their drivers. In the decades that I've been in Austin traffic I can tell that the young immigrants both legal from other states and the surges of the illegal/legal from other countries have most definitely changed the way the average drivers operate their vehicles. About half are offensive (the new aggressive, younger ones, and the other half are (self-)defensive older residents fearful of BMWs.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
To tell you the truth, I'm more sick of all the Adults on Bicycles (AOBs) coming out of the woodwork this time of year.

We build these assholes their own special lanes for their stupid "sport" and they still ride in the middle of the f# road, then act like you're the one with the problem.

No kidding. There's something seriously wrong with a system where the people who pay the least towards construction and upkeep costs of the road get the most rights of way on the road.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: schuyler

I believe you missed the point, it was as the headline said about Arizona drivers. We all know that drivers in the Third World are four-wheeled maniacs.

You are flat wrong about drivers more or less being the same. Austin drivers used to talk about the dread of having to go to Houston and their drivers. In the decades that I've been in Austin traffic I can tell that the young immigrants both legal from other states and the surges of the illegal/legal from other countries have most definitely changed the way the average drivers operate their vehicles. About half are offensive (the new aggressive, younger ones, and the other half are (self-)defensive older residents fearful of BMWs.

I'm not impressed with your reasoning here. You hear the same tired refrain all over the country from people of limited experience griping about drivers in their own areas. I didn't "miss" any point. You did by being so narrow-minded. You hear the same exact thing you wrote from Eastern Washington drivers griping about Seattle-area drivers, from Salem drivers griping about Portland drivers, from Washington drivers complaining about California drivers, from Gunnison drivers complaining about Denver drivers. You don't see it because you are confined to one place, but if you moved, you;d be saying the same things. Only the license plate design changes. Arizona is no different than Minnesota. All you're doing here is displaying your prejudices for all to see, bringing up one gripe after another. It's a rant so you get to do that, but the fact is you have no special insight and your rant is repeated every day all over the country by other people saying the same thing about drivers in their own areas. You can get angry and emotional and have a cow over it, or you can get those drivers ahead of you so they're less likely to do you damage. When you drive angry, YOU are the one to watch out for.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Got a term here for people like that..."PASSHOLES"

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I admit I am a damn Yankee. I came here from the north, so anything I say, is biased and not admissible in public. But I am convinced that people from Dunn, NC were taught that it's morally wrong to use a turn signal. I see folks in other cities doing this and I can only assume they are from here and just moved away. Perhaps it's a cultural thing that nobody let me in on. I just feel like it's such a waste. Auto makers went through the trouble of putting that cool little leaver on the car, the least we could do is use it a few times.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Haha "cereal shooter"

I live in kingman, az. A lot of retirees. So everybody is slow as sh$%. What pisses me off the most are people who do not turn right on reds, or people who don't creep out into the intersection while trying to turn left. C'MON!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hey, I ride a bike a lot, but then again I can keep a pace of 25mph, however I don't ride in the middle of the road if there are people behind me.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Ah, yes, traffic. As one who drives a hundred or so miles a day I so love it.

Last week I saw a guy flip a u-turn on a one way road. I routinely see people going south in the northbound lanes(or vice versa).

A guy tried to make a turn from the freeway off-ramp and went straight instead of turning. I'm turning the other way and had to stop so he could go between me and the car in the turn lane next to me. He could have hit me head on with his stupidity.

What I truly don't get is the guy doing 35 in a 45 MPH zone. Almost always in the left lane. Just putzing along, no cares in the world. Just do the bloody speed limit. How hard is that?

Smart(stupid) phones should have a switch inside of them that turns them off and they cannot be used inside of a car. People texting and driving or too stupid to stop texting at a light and make me miss the light should be shot on sight. Crikey, pay attention and use that pedal that makes you go forward.

top topics

join