It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Allows Herself to be Beaten - Rather Than Shooting The Criminal.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Chicago police officer allowed herself to be seriously injured by an assailant who repeatedly smashed her face into the pavement, until she was unconscious yesterday. She's still in the hospital in serious condition. She allowed this to happen in order to avoid putting herself and the Chicago police department in the national spotlight, for police brutality.

""Chicago’s top cop said Thursday one of his officers was seriously beaten at an accident scene because the national focus on police shootings has caused officers to second-guess themselves.

Superintendent Eddie Johnson said the patrol officer told him she did not use her gun to defend herself for fear of a backlash.  "She didn’t want her family or the department to go through the scrutiny the next day on national news," he said.

The injured officer, a 17-year Chicago police veteran, got into a struggle with a man who allegedly was high on PCP after she stopped at a crash scene in the Austin community on the West Side on Wednesday morning.""

Source-1: www.chicagotribune.com... tory.html

Source-2 (More compact): www.dnainfo.com...

I think police officers send the wrong message to criminals when they refuse to use their weapon. I know it's a fine-line, but like the Chicago Superintendent says, the police should not "second guess" themselves when facing a potentially violent assailant. Even as a civilian, if a thug is smashing my face into the pavement, and I have a gun, I'm shooting the guy!

-CareWeMust (Chicagoland)

edit on 10/6/2016 by carewemust because: 2nd source added (more browser-friendly)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
stupid a$$ cop

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

if she could have pulled her weapon, she should shot him.
damn the CPD, they are not worth your life, my family can leave and go somewhere else where they are not known _____ scrutiny. i ain't gonna tote a a@@ whoopin or near death for triflin sh@@.

edit on 6-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Why didn't she pepper spray him? Seriously? She almost got killed by some nut job. #JUSTANOTHERDAYINTHEUSFUNNYFARM

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

S&F good post.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why was she alone?
That makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

lots of cops patrol alone, not all that uncommon.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Why was she alone?
That makes no sense.

Why? Are they required to ride with a partner in that PD? Many departments don't do that...patrol rides solo.

Edit: Sorry, I replied before I read the article...it seems she wasn't alone at all. So never mind why she didn't shoot the guy...why the hell didn't the other two officers shoot him? This sounds more and more like a fabrication every second. He's pulverizing her face "repeatedly", and someone already maced him, to no avail, and then what? They just stood there while he continued beating her? No...I don't buy this crap for one second. No way.
edit on 31258America/ChicagoThu, 06 Oct 2016 20:25:24 -050031pm31279America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

In Chicago?
Thats ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
And this is the danger.

Good people will not go into the police force because they fear to put their families through the legal circus and public ordeal we are seeing in police shootings.

And that leaves the real thugs behind.

This is what is happening in politics.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The real story here is she felt she had to do that. The real bad guys in this story are the irrational cop haters and crazed race baiters who set this in motion with their madness and made her feel she had to do that.

The media plays no small role in this either. They jump right on the bandwagon with those leading the charge against law enforcement, who no doubt would sue in a heartbeat if law enforcement failed to protect them.

Some days I'm ashamed to be a member of the human race. To make her the bad guy in this in any way is absurd, but I'm sure many will be more than glad to play it that way. She is a victim.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

No one died, isn't this a good thing?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I know what your trying to do here... Propaganda of the humble police officer who was prepared to put there own welfare at risk for the greater good. But in reality, the actions you describe were probably far more feeble than you give them credit for... not trying to be cruel, just realistic.

I think of that movie 'Saving private Ryan', where the soldier just fell apart and cried in pity on the staircase well he allowed his fellow solider to be brutally killed by an enemy soldier... Maybe like the soldier in that movie, she just didn't have what it takes to pull the trigger.

Anyone tries to slam my head into the concrete or hurt someone I deeply care about... well, they better hope I don't have a trigger to pull, because I would not hesitate... not even for a second.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I haven't seen any videos where a cop shoots to wound/maim the suspect

Do these videos exist or do they have orders to shoot to kill every time they make a split second decision?

It would sure help the argument that cops are just racist killers looking for any excuse to kill misbehaved black people who think they're gangsters and talk disrespectfully

To be honest I think cops killing blacks is a tiny minority to black on black killings

So are we to believe block people hate back people lol

I'm actually laughing how the public gets so worked up over blatant attempts to stir up racial tensions and people still fall for it, look over there etc

Anyway.... I think it's highly likely in this case, it is not a cop being thoughtful and not wanting to shoot, it's probably a case which is common in most War fought... We're by the officer couldn't fire the gun

Pretty common, most soldiers during WWII could not fire there gun

edit on 6-10-2016 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

That whole story sounds suspiciously like a contrived public martyrdom to me...even after reading it several times. Perhaps it's just my cynical side being extra cynical, but it seems very sketchy. If that's actually the case, I hope it was really worth it to her.

She should have shot him. I would have. And consequences be damned. That's a very stupid way to get yourself killed, and if it was legit, she's lucky she didn't.

edit on 31168America/ChicagoThu, 06 Oct 2016 20:16:55 -050031pm31279America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Why didn't she try to subdue him by Verbally Shaming him ? It works on Dogs .

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

With all of the innovations in technology -- Why is there not a better non-lethal weapon/tool for law enforcement to deploy? Tasers are not enough and a gun, in many situations, is too much.
How about something that will temporarily disable but not kill?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

No one died, isn't this a good thing?

This is an unbelievably ignorant statement.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sounds like she just got her ass beat and made excuses for incompetence.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I haven't seen any videos where a cop shoots to wound/maim the suspect Do these videos exist or do they have orders to shoot to kill every time they make a split second decision?

police are trained to stop the threat, and to aim center mass. you can shoot someone in the arm or leg and it is possible that they can still keep coming,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join