It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An arguement with my male parent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think my father liked to rile me up and make statements that would through me into enraged fits..,
He greatly admired a woman reporter that reports on world news and must of had good upbringing and healthy parenting plus an excellent edgucation..the issue he and i could never agree on is that he said male writers/Authors understand female/women/girl/lady..ect...yin energy gender roles...whatever..
better than a woman born as a women writer/Author...which strikes me as strange because in a traditional home where the mother raises the children and the father earns the support for a family...wouldn't a woman parent understand very closely the characters of her children...especially if super traditional in that the babies aren't handled by a male during the birthing procedure until well after nursing...nine months in a womans belly whether the father sticks close by or far away...a mother is bonding with her child..
i guess i don't have an arguement if the two parents are getting along and the father listens to the baby in the belly along with the mother...because of what is known as sympathetic pregnancy or sympathy pains...
but it still makes me a bit weary when a person says women know nothing of writing characters as much as a man...
one day i will not be so sickend by my dear old dad and the confusion he caused me with saying things like, i will never get to far with much...because i am female and what not plus..a ditz...whatever...for me, living is not a compotition or need to make an immpression like hey i am this or that can do this or that...
life is keeping out of trouble and having fun! trying to find friends along the way...
any way thanks for reading my rant and i feel healthier in my mental balance now, thank you ATS!
stay cool and peace
may my male parent RIP
not sure what all these symbols mean as a side note...
i am just here alone with my cats...happy saturday /sunday!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Hey Peppy!

My mom used to make me mad sometimes. It was her domnineering way. She loved me though and I Her.
She died at 83 and I miss her.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

condolences...is your ma the grandmother of your avatar?...makes my heart chakra happy to see a dear with such expression!
so cute!
one day i show my fur child William if i figure out electronics and modern day stuff!
thanks for reply and sharing a grief..which is not simple to do because of sad emotions from loosing a loved one...
this october i might study ancsestor shaman work for connecting to loved ones beyond the veil...
take care! hope to see you on the boards next month! oh..tommorrow?

we learn a lot about and from feeling anger at parents and the learning is to change the patterns of negativity into a healthier way of being and expressing ones feelings without causing the pattern of this or that to continue..
example...abuse patterns or in my case..belittling patterns within arguments and such...its okay to disagree and a gree peacfully to disagree..without letting any programming mess up what one finds inner truth in...
well, may you and yours experience and Wonderful October! a most cherishable season for young and old alike..Autum time is awesome!..its getting chilly where i am!
time to start grabbing winter apaeral! sorry i need better spelling!

will soon study my spelling and really wow folks...i promise

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

'Tis best not to rail to oneself or others about a dead parent. Who is served by such thoughts and talk?

You only make yourself out as a victim and dwell upon it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I was tormented by both parents,both had their own buisnesses so a lot of the time was raised by big sisters and brother I think it's a way of showing take nothing for granted,your not perfect keep striving to improve yourself,except my little sister who was spoiled rotten,she grew up to be a liberal,and to this day I don't think she has worked yet!the rest held high positions within the US govt moral of story I guess,don't become a liberal

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

guess you don't understand that speaking or writing about things helps to let go of negative thought patterns...and that is not dwelling...like i am just rubbing my little hands with glee over saying anything againts the deceased...if you don't listen in life then your gonna hear it in the after life or the soul can't move forward into the bright light of healing bad patterns...you can disagree or agree its all you!
i met with an elder on this topic and her work in shamanism..i would rather see my father's spirit annew in mental and other health matters as he crosses over into rebirth...IMHO
then he can find his correct match beloved twin flame what not...
thanks for the reply take care!
Happy October

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

thanks for the reply!
happy October!

new topics

top topics

join