It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis could pull billions from US economy, hinder access to Mideast bases following 9/11 lawsuits

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Weird. That was a really good member too.
Scary....

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
Indeed, I´ve known him as a friendly and calm poster, or at least that´s my impression. However I´m not sure about T&C discussing such things..

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Saudi Arabia is a thug state ruled by tyrants based on a fascist cult called islam. Why would the victims of those barbarians be blocked from justice?

I never bought the idea that the arabs could fly the airliners into the wtc towers but who cares, if its to bash the Saudis Im in.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Well here is $1B back this way:

www.cbsnews.com...

Add this to the $2B the Saudi Royals "donated" to the Clinton Fraudation™ and the 'missing' $6B when She was the Head of State $9B or $63,829 once the Gov't. takes their end...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When I look at all the damage the US has caused through the whole world. I have to wonder how many lawsuits will come against us for our acts of Terrorism? Or the accidental bombings of Hospitals, etc? Doesnt this open the US to considerable litigation?

Also, we all know the US had a hand in 911, wont this open a huge can of worms? I would think the Saudi's could use the provable, conspiracy theories against us.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"This should be clear to America and to the rest of the world. When one Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) state is targeted unfairly, the others stand around it,” Abdulkhaleq Abdullah, a professor of political science at United Arab Emirates University, told Associated Press. “All the states will stand by Saudi Arabia in every way possible.”

Tell that to Libya.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: butcherguy

Saudi's don't need American Dollars, they have oil. The Us Dollar is a petrodollar The Saud's have all the oil... Who should be worried.

Saudi Arabia.

They are fine as long as they maintain the demand for the dollar by accepting only dollars for their oil. Let them try to sell that oil for something other than US dollars and see how fast we open up a can of democracy on their asses and liberate them back to the stone age.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Published time: 29 Sep, 2016 11:54

Saudi Arabia and its allies could retaliate against US legislation allowing the kingdom to be sued for the 9/11 attacks, including scaling back investment in the US economy or restricting access to important regional air bases, experts claim.

"This should be clear to America and to the rest of the world. When one Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) state is targeted unfairly, the others stand around it,” Abdulkhaleq Abdullah, a professor of political science at United Arab Emirates University, told Associated Press.

“All the states will stand by Saudi Arabia in every way possible.”

Saudis could pull billions from US economy, hinder access to Mideast bases following 9/11 lawsuits

On Wednesday, Congress overwhelmingly voted to override President Barack Obama’s veto of the bill that would allow Americans to potentially sue Saudi Arabia for 9/11. Lawmakers said their priority was not Saudi Arabia, but victims and families. The “Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (JASTA)” would allow US judges to waive sovereign immunity claims when dealing with acts of terrorism committed on American soil – potentially allowing lawsuits against Saudi Arabia over the 9/11 attacks.

15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi nationals. Chas Freeman, former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm, told AP that Saudi Arabia could respond in a way that risks US strategic interests. That could include Saudi restricting its rules for overflight between Europe and Asia and the Qatari air base from which US military operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria are directed, Freeman says.

“The souring of relations and curtailing of official contacts that this legislation would inevitably produce could also jeopardize Saudi cooperation against anti-American terrorism,” Freeman told AP.

Obama vetoed JASTA last week, saying it would erode the doctrine of sovereign immunity and expose the US to lawsuits around the world.

He argued the bill could lead to other governments acting “reciprocally” by allowing their own courts to exercise jurisdiction over the US, including over deadly US drone strikes.

Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir told reporters in June that the US has the most to lose if JASTA is enacted.

There have been reports that Riyadh threatened to pull billions of dollars from the US economy if the bill became law, however al-Jubeir has only officially said investor confidence in the US could decline.

Well, this definately doesn't sound like it's going to go over well. It may even be what Soros and the like wanted all along in order to create a WWIII manufactured scenario, drop kick the Economy and cause more chaos than you can shake a stick at.

And don't forget who was in charge of putting Saudi Arabia in the United Nations drivers seat. All of it was done by design.

What?!?!

This conservative lead policy that obama has been the only voice against, is secretly a soros conspiracy?!?!

Take credit for your sides own blunders lol

You literally can't win... even their sides failed policies are secretly because of liberals... lol
edit on 29-9-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
All this tough talk is fine and dandy but the Saudis didn’t do 911
The American intelligence black operations empire did it

Saudis may have been in cahoots but they certainly didn’t do it alone.

Its just bigoted senate tough guy talk that will backfire.

And if you think Saudi can’t bring the US to its knees think again...

Gas lines and you’ll all be begging for relief and all the Saudis have to do is make a deal with Russia

Look I hate the Saudis too, for different reasons but their not responsible for 911 look to America

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
When I look at all the damage the US has caused through the whole world. I have to wonder how many lawsuits will come against us for our acts of Terrorism? Or the accidental bombings of Hospitals, etc? Doesnt this open the US to considerable litigation?

Also, we all know the US had a hand in 911, wont this open a huge can of worms? I would think the Saudi's could use the provable, conspiracy theories against us.

Oh yea... now every two bit country an American or his business go to could try confiscating their property....

It will bring. Businesses home I guess lol

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
"When one Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) state is targeted unfairly, the others stand around it,” Abdulkhaleq Abdullah, a professor of political science at United Arab Emirates University, told Associated Press."

Maybe for a week or so, then it's back to dog eat dog and regional hatreds. The solidarity would then erode as the competition for petro dollars renewed. Or any dollars.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
US could turn their desert into glass.

It's about time the House of Saud falls.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: butcherguy

Saudi's don't need American Dollars, they have oil. The Us Dollar is a petrodollar The Saud's have all the oil... Who should be worried.

Well we can funtion long enough on our reserves to refine our own oil again so its no tbig deal. in the mean time we can stop all imports to Saudi arabia,such as WATER,food and medicine an dpull out our bases to defend them as well. also demand refunds for our foreign aid to the ME in the ICC.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
duplicate
edit on 29-9-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

link   
dupe

link   
duplicate UN Internet speed is DSL for everyone.

link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Can of Democracy ........I like that one

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Can of Democracy ........I like that one

Now its three... hahahaha

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If nothing else, maybe this law suit will force them to disclose what they know about the real perpetrators of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I know.....super slow

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join