It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

solar storm heading for earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Is a CME the same thing as a geomagnetic storm?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I don't think you'll be affected in the UK.

Your island is protected by the Gulf Stream!

(a stupid something you can share with your mates at the pub as something incredibly stupid said by a stupid American----should be good for a laugh!)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There's been lot s of auroras almost every night now. I guess they'll get brighter 👍🏻

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Its election season TonyS!

There is plenty of ammunition already! Hehe!

In all seriousness though, I will keep an eye out, but I doubt we will see much by way of a lightshow down where we are!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I believe it's actually supposed to affect the UK onlt for the most part lol. I was reading an article yesterday on it.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Its election season TonyS!

There is plenty of ammunition already! Hehe!

In all seriousness though, I will keep an eye out, but I doubt we will see much by way of a lightshow down where we are!

Are you a fellow Londoner mate?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
HA! Possible Intermitent cell phone or radio outages! This is Karma for Brexit!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Is a CME the same thing as a geomagnetic storm?

No A CME can cause a geomagnetic storm.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
look at the date....2015........a reply to: AshFan

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I now stay in Reykjavik, we get some pretty good sights of the lights up here. The council actually shut down street lights last night for the promise of some awesome Aurorae. Whilst I didn't go out at the right time to see the full spectacle, some friends managed to grab some pretty cool shots. Here's a couple:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Has it already hit us or is there an ETA on it?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Hmmm, thanks for the info.

I don't follow this type stuff much, but from what I've heard on C2C, the "kill shot" would have to be something on the order of an X class flare; (most seem to be M class), and it would have its greatest effect on the part of the world it "hits" . So for example, the last CME event that actually did any damage was one back in the 70's or 80's that "hit" Canada and knocked the power grid out.

So...........my surmise is that this event won't have much effect on anyone at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolvacron

I wish I could witness it but at least you have pictures so I can imagine myself there. Thanks for sharing!! The pictures are stunning.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

No sir.

I am a resident of the colon of the nation, Essex. A little town called Southend-on-Sea, more particularly the ward of Shoeburyness is where I make my home

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Weird, writing a story for the SEWC that has almost this kind of features , four days ago and now I see this thread go by?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I have no clue what you are saying.
Care to elaborate?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Maybe just coincidence, but I wrote a story for the writing contest here on ATS and it's about our sun and has some chapters that are similar to this news you're posting.

And sometimes I seen to have unconscious premonitions that seems to happen sort of, days later ..

I discovered that the interaction between our star and the weather had significant clues .and that our planet and other planets in the solar system our sun and other stars seem to communicate through waves and solar winds.

As if the planets and stars itself were alive somehow like trees appear to be not indicating to communicate but communicate through means not known by man and maybe are very alive.
I discovered that our earth was dying under our feet because of our sun that is rapidly starting to be heading for a supernova, something in the vicinity caused the sun so eject all its mass quickly.

The piece I talk about in my story..

And I always amaze myself about it , of course it's just easy to write about some doomsday scenario and what I wrote doesn't mean anything IMO . Anyway great thread and I've the feeling nothing will happen BTW.
edit on 0b21America/ChicagoFri, 30 Sep 2016 06:02:21 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 30 Sep 2016 06:02:21 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join