It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Cop Brutally Beats Homeless Man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Getting tired of this #.

A former METRO police officer has been indicted by a Harris County grand jury and charged with assault.

Officer Jarius Warren is accused of striking Darrell Giles earlier this month while he was sleeping at the Burnett Train Station. The indictment handed down alleges that Warren struck Giles with a baton, causing bodily injury.

Giles was initially charged with criminal trespass and resisting arrest. Those charges were dismissed.

Link

Maybe there's more to this, don't know. From the full video in the link, the guy appeared half asleep on the bench. Two cops walk up, then the black cop has a few words with him and motions for the guy to stand up. As soon as he stands up he beats the crap out of him.

And as far as the good cop vs bad cop argument goes, his partner just allows it to happen. This goes back to the criminal culture in law enforcement where they support one another's criminal actions. Shorter clip below.

clip

There is a very serious problem with the types of individuals who are hired to be cops.

edit on 28-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hmm, difficult to know if this was justified or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for beating homeless men. But there has to be a process, otherwise it's just disorganised violence.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, it appears the officer initiated the physical confrontation by kicking the man. Even though it is an officer, does the man not have a right to defend himself?

Tough call.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Homeless lives matter.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Sometimes, it's just one of those days where you just need to beat the crap outta somebody!

Dis turbing Footage Shows Greensboro Officer Harass, Tackle, Punch Resident Sitting on his Mother’s Porch

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if there is more to it, does it? The officer was found guilty of assault and indicted by the court, and rightly so. He's not skating the charges; he is being held accountable for violating the law. This is the kind of outcome people have been screaming for, so justice has been done in this case, correct?

It's a very good thing that happened here, an actual step in the right direction...the focus should be on the positive outcome in this case but instead, you ignore that and use it as a vehicle by which to heap more blanket criticism upon law enforcement based on the actions of this officer, who has already been proven to have committed a crime against a civilian. That type of behavior is highly indicative of a desire to keep the conflict going rather than see it peaceably resolved.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maybe it was set up to be a black officer on black citizen type of crime so the police can say they distribute the arm of the law equally.

That citizen showed much restraint, more than I think I could have.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Sometimes, it's just one of those days where you just need to beat the crap outta somebody!

Dis turbing Footage Shows Greensboro Officer Harass, Tackle, Punch Resident Sitting on his Mother’s Porch

Well, looks like it's about time for me to replenish my caffeine level again. I saw the word "Tickle" in there, and actually spent several seconds in a state of suspended WTF before I reread the title.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What I saw was brutality. The Cop looked like he wanted to hurt this guy good. Maybe the homeless guy called him a "Tuitty-Fruitty" or something horrible like that. The other Cop already had his rubber gloves on to protect himself from the blood that was sure to flow. (pre-meditated)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Well, it appears the officer initiated the physical confrontation by kicking the man. Even though it is an officer, does the man not have a right to defend himself?

Tough call.

I think the bigger question is, did he kick the homeless man correctly? What are the police guidelines for kicking homeless men, and how can we be sure that law enforcement officers are kicking with sufficient force?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Looks like the first thing that happens is the perp lunges at the cop.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here's the full version. The cops tell him to leave, then they come back a few hours later, because it's light outside now, and then it gets rough.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I guess that cop felt 'threatened' so he used excessive force.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Isn't this the "blacks policing blacks/ community policing" BLM has been demanding?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The cops are out of hand. New from El Cajon ca.

I always stand up for the cops too. The benefit of the doubt and all.
But man, they just don't give a crap at all anymore.
edit on Rpm92816v44201600000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm92816v47201600000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Are you kidding?

The title screen of the video you posted shows the still photo where Olango is pointing what looks like a gun at the police.

Police in California say they shot dead a Ugandan refugee because he pulled an object from his pocket, pointed it and assumed a "shooting stance".

www.bbc.com...

edit on 28-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

No.

If you or I were caught doing that we'd be cuffed on the spot and spend the night in jail at a minimum.

That didn't happen here. He wasn't even fired. He was allowed to resign.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The title screen of the video you posted shows the still photo where Olango is pointing what looks like a gun at the police.

Really? It looks like he's taking a picture of the cops with a cell phone from here. I guess it just depend on your frame of mind.

edit on 28-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It's sad that police are willing to put their colleagues all over the country in harm's way. What are they thinking?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

He is clearly in a shooting stance.

When officers order you to put your hands up, DON'T SUDDENLY PULL AN OBJECT OUT OF YOUR POCKET, ASSUME A SHOOTING STANCE AND POINT IT LIKE A GUN.

Why is that so hard to understand?
edit on 28-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join