It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fence around Europe to keep (climate) refugees out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: galien8

I know. The ones doing the regime changing never ever thought it would drag on this long. They thought they would get their no fly zones like in Libya, bomb and 'rebel' their way to regime changing Assad the way they did Qaddafi. That was their first mistake. The Russians and Chinese have repeatedly vetoed such action in the UN security Council because of what happened in Libya. Can't get fooled again.

Insurgencies by themselves can't hope to defeat an army like Syrias, so we got endless war, the worst of times.

TRUE! But I think people like Kadaffi, Sadam, Moebarak and Assad are pro Western as they come, I mean a more pro Western brand of people they don't have there, alternative is warlords culture and Kalashnikov culture, they now have that again in Syria with more than 100 tribes fighting for their warlords

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Syria was not a 'warlord tribal feud zone' before the covert guerrilla war began.

Syria was a peaceful nation, with a dynasty running things. Kind of like Bush dynasty over here.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Syria was not a 'warlord tribal feud zone' before the covert guerrilla war began.

Syria was a peaceful nation, with a dynasty running things. Kind of like Bush dynasty over here.

Actually (Arabic Spring) its all messed up by uncontrolled twitter and facebook, like project-X and occupy ... (i.e. Wall Street) phenomena, now they (social media) suppress these kind of phenomena by things like shadow bashing, its for rebellious accounts impossible to trigger a snowball effects anymore, there will not be an "European Spring" or "China Spring". If it still could it is called mobrule

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Rising sea levels are already causing islanders to leave some islands (Pacific from memory) but it's a danger else where too.
They are also causing more coastal erosion around the world as well as increased damage from storm floods.

Sure it might be a 100/1000 years before our major cities around the world are in real danger but at some point in the future we need to do something and it's going to take a long time - I've said it before but I still think that's what the Chinese are doing with those empty cities planned and executing a plan for the populations of its coastal cities (100m+)

We also potentially need to build new cities with corresponding infrastructure, raise the cities or whatever but we aren't even talking about it. Roads, railways, airports will also need building to connect these new places to live unless we all get droned up or some other way of aerial travel (something to look forward too
)

Countries like Bangladesh, Belgium and the Netherlands will pretty much have to accept that they are going to lose most if not all their lands so where do those millions go? I'm sure there are plenty more countries lying more or less at sea level (a large part of SE USA I believe and the same in England, Scotland would lose its central belt -which is where most live - Edinburgh/Glasgow)

So it won't just be people from equatorial parts moving N/S to escape the desertification but also the low lying countries - we are probably talking over a billion people here all the people on this planet had better start planning NOW unless we want mass death on a scale never seen before.

Happy thoughts

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

Countries like Bangladesh, Belgium and the Netherlands will pretty much have to accept that they are going to lose most if not all their lands so where do those millions go? I'm sure there are plenty more countries lying more or less at sea level (a large part of SE USA I believe and the same in England, Scotland would lose its central belt -which is where most live - Edinburgh/Glasgow)

Polar ice caps melting, more water starts to participate with (Moon / Sun) tidal high lows of sea level movements, this is also true if for instance the north pole sea ice cap, with is locked up between the continents cannot participate yet, even worse is if all the land ice starts melting

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Whats going on in Syria isn't Arab Spring. But I get the whole throw off the Western yoke thing, too.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

Any chance of a source so we can fully understand what you are talking about?..

And as for,

"Europe can't handle so many extra idle people on welfare, they would live in shanty towns."

That is already happening in many parts of Europe, have you seen sections of Belgium and the UK..

RA

No, actually, it's not. Stop watching Faux News.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Whats going on in Syria isn't Arab Spring.

It started with Arabic Spring mentality, that spread like wildfire through the whole region, started as protests, than they started to shoot from the protest marches to the police, police started to shoot back, the rest is history ...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

It started with Arabic Spring mentality, that spread like wildfire through the whole region, started as protests, than they started to shoot from the protest marches to the police, police started to shoot back, the rest is history ...

..."the rest is"... US jets began bombing, then US army invaded and occupied their countries, killing their rightful leaders. Ever heard of Iraq, Afghanistan Libya, Bosnia, Vietnam, Korea?

Thats a short list.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

..."the rest is"... US jets began bombing, then US army invaded and occupied their countries, killing their rightful leaders. Ever heard of Iraq, Afghanistan Libya, Bosnia, Vietnam, Korea?

Thats a short list.

they bombed the living daylights out of them

NAM VETS those are tough MFs

edit on 2016-9-28 by galien8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2016-9-28 by galien8 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join