It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British and US ambassadors to UN accuses Russia of war crimes in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here is some very recent on the issues between the US and Russian involvement in Syria.

This situation seems to be getting worse every day that passes especially for those generations being ripped apart in Syria. With words they are throwing at Russia, it's becoming a worrisome situation indeed.

I hope peace prevails. It's going to be a long road.

The UN's top envoy to Syria accused the country's government of unleashing "unprecedented military violence" against civilians in the city in the aftermath of the collapse of the truce. Staffan de Mistura said the offensive to retake rebel-held eastern Aleppo, which involved targeting civilians with sophisticated weapons including incendiary devices, may amount to war crimes. The meeting comes as pro-government forces continue their intense bombardment of Aleppo, with the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights saying at least 23 people were killed in the latest airstrikes on Sunday.

Sky News

BBC News - : US accuses Russia of 'barbarism' in Aleppo

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Lets see
1) Pro-ISIS US admin "accidentally" (yeah , right) bomb Russian backed rebel positions
2) US accuses Russia of barbarism
3) Russia counters with - Which side are you on , anyway ?
Get the picture ?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Don't people ever get bored of this?

I find it hard to keep up with the level of outright hypocrisy and double-standards of this age. Where is the lucidity that was so present in the past? Where is the critical thinkers and intelligentsia regarding these matters? Especially in the public arena.
We have the talking heads of the state (the NEWS) and the Orwellian mouthpieces of the executive world (again the NEWS media) and the useful idiots (celebs).

We live in some incredibly dark times and it seems people just aren't aware of what's happening. None of us truly know what's even happening in Russia, or Syria - we're not there. All we can do is rely on HEAVILY biased sources on either side telling us what their angle is. Maybe Russia was guilty of a war crime, who'd even know!?

We do know that both parties in this war are DEAD wrong. Though Russia could claim to have the moral high-ground as they were asked to aid the regime. But again, we don't know squat about anything. Truth is so, so, so, so, so, so hard to get at these days, it really is. This whole scenario is ridiculous and it could start another war, WW3.

The saddest thing about all of this is, if WW3 DID start as a result of this, America would STILL blame Russia and vice versa, meaning once the ashes have settled and the nuclear fire dissipates, the world would STILL be as divided as it was at the time it was destroyed, that's assuming we survive as a species.

I hate this planet.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So . . . ummm . . . did the Syrian ambassador to the U.N. bring anything up? And does it really matter? What real authority does the UN have? It is an outside organization with no true authority over anything. But if anyone were to complain, shouldn't it be the country being affected?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Funny how they call Syria legally defending itself a war crime,while overlooking their own legal crime of invading said country.

Fact is Syria/Russia have given ample warning and time for people (including combatants) in rebel controlled areas to leave without reprisal from within Aleppo and other rebel held areas.

edit on 25-9-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Funny how they call a country legally defending itself a war crime,while overlooking their own legal crime of invading the country.

Fact is Syria/Russia have given ample warning and time for people (including combatants) in rebel controlled areas to leave without reprisal from within Aleppo and other rebel held areas.

Well killing civilians who just live in the area because they dont like you is a war crime. the russians lump anyone who does not like assad into the same bin as the ISIS daesh. the people in the middle are who the crimes are hitting. Any other time this would be called ethnic cleansing.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Pick any country in the world where a group of people who take up arms to control territory and/or overthrow the state,They would be branded terrorists and summarily illiminated, period, but Syria is magically the exception?

I might agree with you if the following and the above weren't true:
That civilians in Aleppo in liberated areas had not been provided with humanitarian aid, and those in rebel held territories had not been given the chance to leave.

There is no crime in a country fighting for it's own survival.
edit on 25-9-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Would that be because Russia has breached the British/US patent on war tactics?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: all2human
Funny how they call a country legally defending itself a war crime,while overlooking their own legal crime of invading the country.

Well killing civilians who just live in the area because they dont like you is a war crime. the russians lump anyone who does not like assad into the same bin as the ISIS daesh. the people in the middle are who the crimes are hitting. Any other time this would be called ethnic cleansing.

Does anyone believe that The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is anything other than a one man propaganda show for the US and UK.
The most abusive war criminals on the planet are the US and their Western puppets. I see no accountability on their part for the dead strewn across the middle East. No accountability whatsoever. Those same psychopaths now have the cheek and brass neck to accuse others of war crimes. It seems that we live in a parallel universe where the real criminals are allowed to run their mouths off and point their blood stained fingers at anyone they choose. Part of me would love to see Russia tell John Kerry and Boris Johnston to # right off and deal with their own war crimes. Then again, I am no diplomat.

Let's deal with the war crimes of the US and UK first.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Is it your contention that because the UK and US are accusing Russia of war crimes then they cannot be true? Could it in fact be true that Russia is working as the agent of Assad in destroying places like Aleppo? After all, Russia has form as they did the same thing in Grozny.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: midicon

Is it your contention that because the UK and US are accusing Russia of war crimes then they cannot be true? Could it in fact be true that Russia is working as the agent of Assad in destroying places like Aleppo? After all, Russia has form as they did the same thing in Grozny.

I have no love for Russia, no hatred either. I cannot give an opinion on events in Aleppo nor indeed can I judge any possible war crimes there. The information is always propaganda from both sides. I am sure that Russia does and is acting for the benefit of Assad, nothing new there. It might well be that destruction of Aleppo is inevitable given that the West has been supplying weapons and ammunition to insurgents and terrorists holed up there.

I condemn my own government and the US for their involvement. I only have to look at Iraq and Libya to see what they have in store for Syria.

Lastly, the accusations of war crimes against Russia surely can be true but where is that information coming from, a bunch of war criminals....you couldn't make it up.

edit on 26-9-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What rebels are Russia backing??

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The US now admit that they "accidently" bombed Syrian troops, killing over 30 of them. They were NOT "Syrian-backed rebels." This phrase is not merely false, it is a contradiction in terms. Of course, the bombing by the Pentagon was intentional, not accidental, in order to derail the ceasefire agreement between Kerry and Putin. It knew that Syria/Russia would retaliate, and the bombing of the UN convoy may have been their response.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

The Russians stated that they, nor the Syrians, had any aircraft up at that time in the vicinity of the UN aid convoy but also have the radar info showing a US drone from Incirlik right over the area that left after the convoy was attacked.
I am sure that the US would likewise have radar information (recorded) to back up their assertion that it was carried out by Syrian or Russian aircraft. Basically, if they had evidence they would be making it public, rather than throwing out unsubstantiated accusations, which the western press lap up and repeat endlessly, all without any hard evidence to back it up.

The Russians also wanted the full publication of the ceasefire details made public, so everyone was quite clear on the points discussed and agreed upon, Kerry refused! One has to then ask, why?
It was clear from the outset that they would cook up something to derail the ceasefire, and the Syrian and Russian forces from day 1 were detailing breaches of the ceasefire by the western backed proxies, but held back on retaliation. So, the US coalition directly attacked Syrian positions, leaving the Syrian and Russian forces no choice but to end the ceasefire. All orchestrated and planned by the US from the beginning, then they attack an aid convoy and blame Russia to divert attention away from their attack on Syrian forces.

I think, having read many articles over the weekend around this topic, and having read many comments on MSM news sites, that very few people buy any of this any more from the western governments and media and are calling them out.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy
I am convinced it was a ground attack by small arms and rpg's from al-nusra as there were no impact marks or craters on the ground.
The Rebels have tuned away humanitarian aid before under this cease fire Because in doing so they would be supporting the terms of the ceasefire which would have Russian/Syrian forces know there where-about's and target them.

edit on 26-9-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The Russians aren't backing terrorists in Syria. They are there to help Syria by supporting the Syrian Government and the Syrian Army.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I wonder, did the UN mention anything about US-led coalition forces bombing civilians in Syria...y'know, such as this...

www.theguardian.com...

The UN accusations are about managing the breakdown of the ceasefire whilst at the same time PR spinning it to accuse Russia, and paint them in a bad light, even while US-led coalition forces are committing similar atrocities, wittingly or unwittingly.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

What rebels are Russia backing??

the ones in Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The understanding Moderate rebel groups, kurds and the syrian government's army were all to be in a ceasefire so Russia and the US could target ISIS.
Someone in the US must have ran the numbers and realized the syrian government would retake the country quickly if that were to happen and thus "on accident bombed Syrian government forces" to really screw up the process.
War crimes may have happened, may have not, but it did its job, change the news cycle out of Syria from the US totally screwing up the ceasefire on "accident" to Russia is the bad guy.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The United States played ducks and drakes with Russia for well over a year on the table was offered peace deals and transitions to elections seeing Assad bowing out of politics,every time the US played cute or too smart by half,Russia has finally said f*** you and gone in boots and all to wind up this war.The US and its allies are loosing abjectly so now we are hearing about barrel bombs and gassing again,what about the genocide of Christians,cruxifictions,sex slavery and beheadings the Saudi-US backed rebels have committed.

Wikiarmy details which Us general set up isis,an ex psyops spook and Wikileaks has given us reciept copies of arms supplied to isis by Hillary's state department,Trump tells the truth when he said Hillary enabled them yet everyone is still in denial and now the Russians are being pushed towards WW3 being blamed for everything just about including the weather.

Gone are the days of Kissenger,Brezinsky and Eagleburger guys with the brains to handle geo-politics we now have the warmongers Carter,Kerry,the witches of Eastwick and George Soros in charge and none of these are necessarily any smarter than you or I,...be afraid,be very afraid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join