It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times Square...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It was the summer on a August night in 2016 at an intersection inTimes Square. A NYC police officer spotted a strange young man standing in the intersection blocking traffic.

This person looked to be in his early twenties . This man stood in silence and even acted like nothing was around him even though he is in the middle of busy Times Square.

The police officer walked up him to see if he could help the young man, before the officer could cross 47th street the light at the intersection had changed. All of a sudden the man seemed like he just woke up and headed for the sidewalk. Sadly he walked walked righ into traffic and was hit by a taxi cab. He died before help arrived.

The police asked many people questions and everyone said the same thing, "The man just appeared from nowhere." Why did this man just show up in Times Sauare?

When the paramedics arrived, they were shocked by the man’s appearance.

He was dressed in strange 19th-century looking clothing. The man was wearing a skinny black hat with a buttoned cutaway coat, black pants, and shoes with buttons.

The police searched this man for ID. They found strange items, one was a wad of money dated 1899 which was in mint condition.

The police found a letter dated August 01, 1899. The letter said return to August 01, 2016 on midnight to Times Square. Do not walk on the street and avoid taxi cabs...
edit on 9 24 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
That's a good one. Too bad the guy didn't heed the warning about taxi cabs.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
and the mystery of the lost tardis was solved

good one, i love time travel stuff

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Lol, right the letter said stay out of the street.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

It's a great premise for a short story, but it left me wanting to know much more about the time traveller. Who was he? What gave him the method of time travel?

Why did the man show up on Times Square indeed?

I know more about the character of the police than the traveller in this story.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

As the days went on the story got out about this strange event that took place in Times Square. The news papers printed the story. People all over the world were reacting to this time traveller and wanted to know more information.

On August 18, 2016 another event happened. Another man showed up in Times Square dressed in 19-century attire. He too looked like he was unaware of where he was at. A police officer saw this event taking place, he stopped traffic right away. The man suddenly awoke and started walking in the street but it was his lucky day. All the traffic was stopped.

The police officer ran up the the man and asked him if he was ok. The man took out a letter dated August 1, 1899. The letter stated he needed to go to the date August 01, 2016 to stop his friend from being killed by a taxi but his timeline was changed and he arrived 20 days late.

After many days rest the man regained his mind. He explained to medical staff he was from 2211 and was sent back to 1899 to change the world. The two time travelers saved the world by eliminating a person who would have ruled the world in the years ahead of 1899.

They were sent to 2016 to find a timeline that would take them back to 2211.

The man is stuck in 2016 but he changed the world again by telling stories of the future...

The End.

edit on 9 24 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
has a hint of piper's paratime stories

heres your flag i can do that now

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

This story did not come out like I wanted it too! I will redeem myself on the next one.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormagheddon
has a hint of piper's paratime stories

heres your flag i can do that now

I haven't heard reference to H.B. Piper in awhile. Good catch!

Q12, is this in ref to the Paratinme Police?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

It is about a story I read a long time ago. I kind of messed it up.

join