It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right to bear arms except when armed cop around?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Read the OP again pleas.e No where in the OP does it mention it being a legally carried firearm does it? What if the person is a convicted felon? Then carrying any firearm is illegal.

Try again "self appointed moderator".

Puzzled, maybe because I'm not American. If the LEO is faced with someone holding a gun, how on Earth would the LEO know at that point in time if it's a legal firearm, as in the firearm is legally registered or (unless the situation dictated the LEO SHOULD know) that they are a convicted felon? I'm not aware that firearms are colour coded so wouldn't the assumption be that if you are holding the gun and refuse to comply with the LEO's request then you have at least a possible intention of using the firearm?

there is no way to know, thats why the Op pointed out even legally carried weapons can get you dead....the member you posted too is just a little confused....

Complying with a police command will keep you alive in most cases, even if you do have a weapon, and even if you are black. If you act like an idiot, you might think about that in the split second it takes for the cop to wonder just how crazy you really are.

So acting like an idiot allows a cop to be judge and jury and kill you? I am sorry but cops should just be careful rather than just kill because they feel threatened. Remember the kid with the plastic gun? Heaven forbid you let an actual crime happen before killing a person.

If a Cop "wonders" someone dies huh? Being a cop requires extraordinary risks to keep citizens alive even if they are idiots. If no crime there should be no killings.
edit on 22-9-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
For all of you monday morning quarterbacks second guessing the job that cops do to protect you. Go be a cop for one month, or at least go through the training that they do. Call nearby police departments and see what is available in order to educate yourselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Always a good idea to be informed.

Most police depts would be happy, or at least willing, to do just that.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Meh. Whatever man. You've gone from pushing a shoot to wound policy to now trying to act like it was all just about not using a firearm when it isn't necessary in general.

People shouldn't shoot other people unless it's necessary. Great point.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Yeah, this OP is pretty much based on garbage. I have a license and carry concealed all the time (and sometimes I carry openly, when I'm feeling frisky), and I have been around cops numerous times, knowing that they know what the square-shaped object under my shirt is, and ZERO have ever asked me to produce my CCDW permit or confronted me about it, EVER.

I have also been pulled over twice, knowing that my CCDW status is in the system through which they run my plate, and I was not asked about the permit or if I have a weapon on me or in the vehicle on either occasion, nor was I treated suspiciously.

I'm quite certain that one's demeanor when dealing with LEOs is what dictates a LEO's response 99% of the time. This generalized crap that you're spewing in the OP is just utter nonsense.

edit on 23-9-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join